What's new

Art's First Outdoor Adventure 2008

Vol Funk

Did the deers had a lunch off your plant? Or you topped it, supercropped it and LSTed?

Oh by the way, that bug is leafhopper. Harmless, I believe.

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
That bastard better hop onto a different leaf. Or we gonna :dueling: !

This is not the cemetary plot, but yes, I have no shame. I try not to dig to deep though... :biglaugh:

C

cellardweller

ART, I remember reading something somewhere now, that said something to this effect..if you use bonemeal and such, you should let the dirt season a little before you plant, so anything thats gonna be attracted to the bone meal just digs up dirt and not plants too. I actually remembered that the other day when I was diggin my hole outside for my 'chakra males. I dont have bonemeal,but I do have FFOF,perlite, worm castings and lime. Sure enough I went to look at the site today and it was dug up, but I hadnt planted yet. I just sexed em today after like 35 days veg and into a week or so flower so the males will go outside tomorrow (already out of the grow!)
gonna start callin you "digger" :muahaha:
~cd

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
So what does everyone think of the way that I traine them? I was thinkin about it all day but I don't wanna go back there for a while. I notice my little trail is becoming a little trail. So I want to give time for shit to grow back and I'm going to find another way into the plot.

Anyway, comments on the plants I supercropped? I just snapped the stems over and let them lie on the ground. Will they be okay? I didn't rip the stem or anything, just one snap.

Input please.

thatguy

Honestly, I think that snapping them and laying them down is detrimental. They shouldn't be snapped like that, to my knowledge. You're supposed to bend them slowly until you hear a tearing sound, then stop.

However, I snapped a branch almost completely off one of my plants last year, and used twist tie to straighten it back out, and it repaired itself. In other words, I think if you were to stake them back up, you could save them, and even leave them on somewhat of an angle at the same time.

On the trail, it won't grow back fast enough for your liking. If you can, depart the main path at a different point, and tread a new "path" every time.

Voila! No path.

All the best,
TG

PS- Go fix those! Now!!! Now!!! Now!!!
Good luck!!!

thatguy

Also, don't worry about insects. Any insect damage usually looks worse than it is. I only insecticide my plants once, about a week after they go outside. That way they have recovered from the transplant shock first.

Once they get about 2 ft tall, they (especially this time of year) grow way faster than bugs can eat them.

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
I only did it to a few and there were way to many plants in that plot. I could tell that already. Luckily I also did it to the seedlings, not the clones. I don't want to go to the spot for a while. There's alot of traffic.

thatguy

I feel you on that. Someone spotting you heading off straight into the woods would definitely raise a few eyebrows.

All the best,
TG

C

cellardweller

thatguy said:
Honestly, I think that snapping them and laying them down is detrimental. They shouldn't be snapped like that, to my knowledge. You're supposed to bend them slowly until you hear a tearing sound, then stop.
PS- Go fix those! Now!!! Now!!! Now!!!
Good luck!!!
Yeah, I thought supercropping was just pinching hard enough to mutilate the stem gently enough to slow vertical growth for awhile. If you were to splint those stems right now with say a small stick and some string, you might be able to save those tops, otherwise the plants will just bush out and stay lower and create more tops but it's gonna take em a hella long time to finish out. I woulda just tied em down instead of snappin them like that.
Regarding heavy traffic in your area what I would suggest is bring a book with you and just get comfortable near your spot. After a little while, you'll get a feeling for your surroundings and will know when you can "walk in" without being spotted. Kinda like a stakeout. As far as makin a trail goes, drag a big heavy branch on the way out to rustle ground cover up a bit so it doesnt look treaded on. Go into your spot from different directions, the harder the walk, the sweeter the spot. just C.Y.A. no matter what you do.
Stay safe and good luck bud!
~cd

R

Raistlin Majere

your supercropping looks just fine to me, they will be fine :joint:
next time you do it pinch the stem flat for an inch or two, and gently lay the plant over
when i grew outdoors i have seen much worse
branches falling from trees, aminals knocking them over
totally mangled stem just get a big knot on them and recover quite well
looking good bro :respect:

ethereal

Warrior
Veteran
awesome. much respect :yes:
this is a fav post of mine by lester gas.
worth readin for sure :) first od and all..

The fourth and sixth as well as parts of the first and second, amendments are gone.
Warrantless search years ago had its "plain view" rulings expanded (fourth amendment).
Now, if a porker sees you a-smoking cuz you didnt pull the blinds,
said porker needs no warrant to enter and bust; this has been common knowledge for a long time now.
Plain view now includes odors.
Skunk, smoke, or a police dog going off is all leo needs to come in and escalate into bust and property seizure.
Don't chat with leo-- he may remember you later with no idea why he remembers you,
which will make him process you very vaguely into being suspicious.
Now he has to at least i.d. you, right?
Has to know what your slave name is.
They are not stupid human beings by a damn sight.
Rather, they are very single minded and focused. They are linear thinkers served up with a side order of authoritarianism.
Never invite them in, thinking you can con or handle them
because you're such a nice, harmless pothead and they'll feel at ease with you.
Don't drink in cop bars. I used to and some of these guys are bent!
The ones in bars can be hard drinkers who are very frustrated with the job and the way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.
They have big arms and know alot of fighting technique and get to test it out on human practice dummies--- they're not mail-order black belts.
If busted, do not know your rights. Ask them what your rights are. Force them in this way to mirandize you.
Force them gently and with respect to either press charges or release you
( by saying ' Sir, I'm not sure, what exactly ARE my rights in this situation?).
Anything short of the now weakened and crippled miranda warning
and you say, politely and with no tude,' then I understand that I'm free to go'?
They then say ' you go when we say you can go shut up before you get my partner pissed' or some sweet delicacy to that effect.
Give them no tude do not bluster about your lawyer brother-in-law and do not pretend to be a naive virgin choir boy.
Volunteer nothing.
Especially if the good one gets chatty in a relaxed manner after the bad one shouts ' do you want to go to jail tonight, punk?'
They have no pull with the d.a.
The da doesnt even know them.
They cant make sure things will go easy on ya
or put in a good word if you'll just escalate the simple bust into dealing or manufacturing.

Where I grew up, the cops were brutal and had absolutly no right to be respected as human beings.
If you blustered that you knew your rights they would beat you with a flash light.
They planted things. They lied.
They would nail your solar plexus and balls because those areas dont bruise and bleed obviously like a face does.
I realize cops are people too and that small town sheriffs can be remarkably cool.
All I'm saying is dont volunteer anything, dont give them a handle (bench warrants for traffic citations upon which you flaked ).
Dont smoke pot in cars.
These guys train with incense that smell very close to cheap mexican smoke and they'll smell it as you drive by.
Be polite and non- aggressive; even if you are taking a fall.
I could relay a lifetime of true bust stories
that include fake witnesses in court they just pulled out of lockup and ounces magically turning into pounds.
Don't be a bad ass.
E.G. guy I knew gets pulled over for a busted tail light. Cops find his pet 38 in the trunk, illegally loaded. Instant broken nose.
In court, they claim he assaulted them and they just defended themselves.
Whats this got to do with pot?
They got him for that too.

If an old aquaintance calls on the phone and asks if you still do this or that illegal pot related thing,
say' of course not. you were allways the one that was into that'.
This is even more true if that person is a parent.
Porkers will threaten to take their kids away when they bust them unless they can give them something bigger.
Like a grower.
Especially an indoor one that cant quite flush those plants down a toilet when it hits the fan.

Dont keep aggie supplies and receipts around.
Dont keep seed catalogs.
Dont grow outdoors on your own or your neibhors property or rental.
Dont ever wear camo in public-especially around leo. Especially out of hunting season.
In the woods , have either a fishing pole and license or a bird guide and binoculars.
Learn these skills in case leo is a birder or fisherman.
Dont go to the hydro store in your town and dont mail order any supplies in bulk.
Go out of town and park around the corner.
Look for vans or suvs with dark windows.
Feels wierd? walk past your car and go to a coffee shop or bar or chapel.
If you are a drinker, never, ever park near the bar.
They lurk around these places and know that drunks often do horribly evil things like smoke pot.

Please please please do not be a prarie dog.
Dont get the noia so bad that your head pops over the fence every time a v8 drives by.
2 years ago my friend moved to a new town. His neihbor lady was a prarie dog.
I told him" shes either a dealer or a meth type-- they'll get busted soon."
A month later he said " you wouldnt believe the traffic these people have in and out."
2 months after that they were shut down :meth manufacturing and child endangerment(true on both counts).
How did I know?
The lady of the house popped her drug addled head over the fence every time any one drove down that street.
Now, a young cop who works in the city owns that house.
He knows everyone around him is smoking home grown and he couldnt care less.
Hell, hes probably relieved they all wake and bake.
Growers dont have either or acetone explosions!

Outdoors always use misdirection.
Park on the opposite side of the road from where you are really going.
If you are serious, consider mountain bike or motorcycle that you can hide in the woods under a camo tarp.
Dont ever ride either one into the patch.
Use track zones to see who has come in on top of you or been there while you were away.
This means: rough up several sandy or dusty or muddy patches on the entry trails so that most folks would never notice.
They leave their tracks. Without thinking about it.
You then learn to age those tracks by comparing them to the ones youve left behind.
I've never walked into a patch without knowing it was busted ahead of time because leo goes in like a herd of elephants.
Leo wears boots. Usually vibram soled.
Often the toes splay out to the side instead of straight ahead because leo does'nt know proper movement.
Back country sheriffs, some rangers and all search and rescue types use either vibram soles or nam style boots with a piece of one lug cut out.
This way, each leo can i.d. every other leo in the team because each pair of boots sole is cut up differently.
If they see a pattern with a nick they dont recognize they know its a strange leo.
No nicks and they know it's you.
If you ever come in on top of such prints that enter with no exit prints, leave now.
If ever you come in on one of your track zones that has no prints after a week leave imediatly-- thats not natural even in winter.
This means a human has wiped it afresh.
In the real world there is a thing I long ago named 'background noise'.
This consists in the west of rabbit, rat, mouse, darkling beetle, millipede and coyote tracks.
Even if there are no deer or elk for miles around you always see heavy background noise 2 nights after you scraped clean a track zone.
Not only have I seen this lack a couple of times;
once I was picking blackberries in full camo when I came accross 2 sheriffs tracking me.
I had circled around because the birds told me someone was coming.
From behind them I could hear the man leo teaching the hot woman leo
about sand transfer where I had crossed the river and glued sand to the rocks on the other side with my wet feet
. They didnt want to get their feet wet so they did'nt ford.
That fall the bastards left a note in my patch with my name on it.
It read ' Thanks for the plants , lester.'
It's simple. My truck was the only thing parked there the day that porker was teaching cutiepie how to track.
They simply ran my plates and got my name and waited for the buds to form.
The note had a green/brown stain on it.
They wrapped it around a bud of ghani just so I could smell it and shake in my nearly trackless moccasins.
No bust came. which brings me to: never put more than 50 plants in one spot!
100 plants activates the federal mandatory minimum of 5 years in prison for something less harmfull than aspirin.
peace.....man.

zappa66

Geeze I feel bad for all the crap that guy has to do! I guess to the cops in my area I’m a criminal masterminded because my plants aren’t in plain sight in the veggie garden...lol

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Ethereal - Nice read. I feel like that was written for a town with a population of 350. The sad thing is where I live things are pretty much the same and there's ALOT more people. Lester clearly has had much experience dealing with LEO. The information about making a track zone is an amazing idea! I'll be doing that on my next visit to the patch!

I'm going to make it out there this week and I'll post pics.

Purkle

Nice spot to pic your patch. Great sun exposure and looks like no need to water. That is the ultimate spot!! Watch out for animals and bugs. Also plan to cover up if you get alot of thunderstorms in the fall. Good luck.