What's new

Artists: what strain inspires you?

Dimebagg

Im an artist, mostly a painter, and theres nothing I enjoy more than toasting a good nug and throwing my brain into a canvas. Ive come across some very creative strains, but named nugs are few and far between around here, so any bud that Ive found to boost my creativity is always gone when I want some more.

Well, now that Im growing again, I want to look into having a mother plant for my creativity high. I grow in a 30" cab, so height is an issue. Id prefer something available on the botique, under $100, and under 9 weeks flowering time.

So artists, whether you paint, rap, draw cartoons, or play the fiddle, whats strain to you like to puff before you create a masterpiece?

yoss33

Veteran
Some Haze plants contain pure imagination and a little puff does wonders :)
But growing a pure haze in a cab doesn't sound too rewarding to me...
A friend recently grew out a pack of Nirvana's Haze and some of the plants flowered pretty quickly (done for 9 weeks, 12/12 from seed start) and still have a great hazey high... of course, coupled with the notorious indoor haze yield :)

Dimebagg

Sensi Star!

Hah, we must differ a bit, Im very susceptible to couchlock, and from reading up on sensi star, I just dont think it would do it for me, haha. But it'd be nice to have this as a collective thread, so any input can help someone.

yoss- I'd love to find the perfect haze hybrid for myself. Theres tons out there, and I want to find one that has been sped up in terms of flowering, but retains its haze high, even with another high mixed in. I know I have many options, I just want to see if any particular strains just do the trick for anyone out there. Im going to read up on Nirvanas Haze though :joint:

purple_man

Veteran
hey dimebag!

forget the nirvana haze... rather try some power plant, kali mist or flo like stated before... even khola from dp should do the trick :)
if you are into seeking a haze, forget nirvana and get ready for LOOOONG flowering times...

blessss

KingV

Any weed... Although some strong indicas can stupify you, G13... Smoke less. You have to have fresh mind. Personally I like sativa hybrids with some indica influence like Skunk#1, Super Silver Haze, Silver Haze, C99 and some of my own Neville's Haze crosses. Stuff that keeps your mind going but has enough stone to stay calm.

Dimebagg

Purple man- I know they are different strains, but I have some PPP on the way. From what I gather, it has a pretty good uplifting buzz.

Ill second the C99...but Satori is my favorite for this...just dont use the short pheno.It has a very indica stone, the other 2 phenos I have are more sativa leaning.

purple_man

Veteran
yow dimebagg!

yeah, the power plant is said to be a durban selection, normaly a fast flowering sativa? with good yields, the ppp is the nirvana version, as far as i know. basicly, try out the mostly sativa hybrids, should get you going

blessss

Kali mist, but that's just over $100.
yow dimebagg!

yeah, the power plant is said to be a durban selection, normaly a fast flowering sativa? with good yields, the ppp is the nirvana version, as far as i know. basicly, try out the mostly sativa hybrids, should get you going

blessss

PPP is Power plant x Skunk

Apollo11, and free. ;) Not the C-99-leaning, except for when you get past that initial raciness.
Nice, expansive, spacey yet focused high. Great stuff for getting lost for a while in something you're into. For me, writing. Down deep into it, and enjoying the time flying by.

Good luck finding and growing. :)

G

GroMore

Malawi Gold! Can't get over how many times I stop during the smoke to say, "man, I love this stuff" and it really cranks me up to write, play, draw etc. Very inspirational on the creative front!

GroMore

four seasons

Veteran
Ace Congo is a great motivational very stimulating high with no heavy body effects. I am very impressed with the creative flashes of cerebral energy I experience on Congo. Highly recomended.

amrad

I gota second the Elevator man on flo, also found outside grown Texada Island Timewarp to be good, just a puff mind you, or I'll sit at the wheel for hours and get nothing done . I'm a production potter full time, so cant afford to be in a narcotic daze lol!