What's new

Artificial Cannabis Anyone?

Skip

Veteran
It seems there's a relatively new artificial marijuana, created in a laboratory that mimics the effects of the real thing. This reporter took it out for a test drive and was impressed by the experience!

JHW-018, as it is called, is a CBD receptor agonist. It works just like marijuana, it gets you high and kills pain, but it's legal in many countries! Apparently this compound has been part of the mixture known as "Spice", sold as a legal alternative to marijuana, and you can buy JHW-018 alone in a crystaline form as a plant nutient as the reporter did.

Note: this is not recommended for human consumption.

http://pr.cannazine.co.uk/200909261...tificial-cannabis-jwh-018-the-taste-test.html

Last edited:

Skip

Veteran
What I found interesting is that it has fewer bad side effects (if used properly) than pot. Of course this is mostly due to the fact that it's not a plant you're consuming. I did some more research and found that they are going to make this drug into a patch type thing for pain relief.

I'm curious as to the effects it would have if you eat it (or snort it?). The article didn't go into other ways to ingest it.

For me, I'll stick to the natural substance too, but I find it fascinating that they've been able to sell this stuff (in combo with other "spices") for years without a hassle.

It was just recently that it hit the news that this alternative cannabis contained such a drug. I always thought their mixture was just a BS high, not a real one.... And as far as I know those alternative mixtures don't advertise themselves as "medicine" and shouldn't be consumed for medical purposes (wait for the patch!).

I don't recommend the commercial "Spice" to anyone due to the unknown ingredients in it. This was just one such "surprise" ingredient, there may be more.

love?

There are several synthetic cannabinoids, JWH-018, JWH-073, HU-210, CP 47,479, etc. They seem to be relatively popular with the "research chemical" crowd and apparently the effects are similar to cannabis, which has also made the authorities interested in many countries. It's also my understanding that Spice has been found to contain a couple of them instead of just JWH-018.

cueball93

Awesome!-----only if my computer would let me access it :( piece of crap!

still interesting though, ill do some research an see what i can find!:)

love?

That is good advice for sure. The better alternative, cannabis, has 6000 years of human testing behind it...

What is known by simply looking at it's structure and the metabolic pathways your body would take to eliminate it does not bode very well on its potential toxicity. Basically, see that Naphthoyl in "1-Pentyl-3-(1-Naphthoyl)Indole" there is a very good chance that it is broken down into naphthalene in your liver, and naphthalene is certainly known to be quite toxic in and particular it's a carcinogen. Rat studies have shown the metabolism of at least one other compound in the series, JWH-015 to produce naphthalene epoxide.... YOU HAVE ASK YOURSELF DO I WANT CANCER!!!!
Exposure to large amounts of naphthalene may damage or destroy red blood cells. Humans, particularly children, have developed this condition, known as hemolytic anemia, after ingesting mothballs or deodorant blocks containing naphthalene. Symptoms include fatigue, lack of appetite, restlessness, and pale skin. Exposure to large amounts of naphthalene may cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, blood in the urine, and jaundice (yellow coloration of the skin). Naphthalene's most familiar use is as a household fumigant, such as in mothballs although 1,4-dichlorobenzene (or p-dichlorobenzene) is now more widely used. In a sealed container containing naphthalene pellets, naphthalene vapors build up to levels toxic to both the adult and larval forms of many moths that attack textiles. Other fumigant uses of naphthalene include use in soil as a fumigant pesticide, in attic spaces to repel animals and insects, and in museum storage-drawers and cupboards to protect the contents from attack by insect pests.

Last edited:

FrankRizzo

Listen to me jerky
What is known by simply looking at it's structure and the metabolic pathways your body would take to eliminate it does not bode very well on its potential toxicity. Basically, see that Naphthoyl in "1-Pentyl-3-(1-Naphthoyl)Indole" there is a very good chance that it is broken down into naphthalene in your liver, and naphthalene is certainly known to be quite toxic in and particular it's a carcinogen. Rat studies have shown the metabolism of at least one other compound in the series, JWH-015 to produce naphthalene epoxide.... YOU HAVE ASK YOURSELF DO I WANT CANCER!!!!
Exposure to large amounts of naphthalene may damage or destroy red blood cells. Humans, particularly children, have developed this condition, known as hemolytic anemia, after ingesting mothballs or deodorant blocks containing naphthalene. Symptoms include fatigue, lack of appetite, restlessness, and pale skin. Exposure to large amounts of naphthalene may cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, blood in the urine, and jaundice (yellow coloration of the skin). Naphthalene's most familiar use is as a household fumigant, such as in mothballs although 1,4-dichlorobenzene (or p-dichlorobenzene) is now more widely used. In a sealed container containing naphthalene pellets, naphthalene vapors build up to levels toxic to both the adult and larval forms of many moths that attack textiles. Other fumigant uses of naphthalene include use in soil as a fumigant pesticide, in attic spaces to repel animals and insects, and in museum storage-drawers and cupboards to protect the contents from attack by insect pests.

Well it can't be much fun if it doesn't have a few side effects........yuk:crazy:

Nesnarb

Thanks but no thanks I'd rather not smoke something you could easily confuse with crystal meth!!! Total waste of time and money beauty of weed is it's entirely unprocessed why in the world are they even trying? Boggles the mind

j6p

JHW-018 is new and different, so lots of people want to order some and try it out before it gets scheduled. Also it's pretty cheap, and the effects are similar to cannabis for most people, but more energizing. There's been some chatter about these synthetic cannabinoids on boards lately. I read a few threads and reports, and noticed a lot of complaints about difficulty breathing from different users. After the drug wears off, breathing returns to normal. This is a disturbing side-effect esp considering the low dosage levels.

The smoked dose of JHW-018 is very tiny, just 1mg to 3 mg. Lots of folks try to eyeball their doses instead of weighing, and end up incapacitated for a few hours. If the breathing were to worsen, there could be a risk of respiratory failure, similar to a morphine overdose. Of course I'm just speculating about the JHW, from what I read. There's no way to be sure, until more people do heavier doses.

Research chemicals haven't been examined nearly as much as the approved pharmaceutical drugs that are killing people. Not worth playing guinea pig with even bigger unknowns.

PhenoMenal

Hairdresser
Veteran
There's a few other synthetic cannabinoids out there too ... JHW-018 as mentioned here, JWH-073, JWH-081, JWH-133, JWH-200, CP 47497, CP 55940, HU-210, WIN 55,212-2 to name but a few! They're all on wiki (although not all are listed at this particular link): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabinoid#Synthetic_and_patented_cannabinoids

Not all have psychoactive effects though, eg. "JWH-133 is unscheduled in the USA, and is unlikely to ever be scheduled or considered an analogue, being selective for the non-psychoactive CB2 receptor and hence devoid of any psychoactive side effects or abuse potential."

It seems theyre being sold online from various so-called 'smart shops' that also sell things like phenethylamines (2C-I, 2C-E etc).

It's interesting stuff, but these synthetic cannabinoids don't appear naturally in cannabis so we dont have the 6000+ years of human testing data on them, and like all4one1forall said it'd be very worrying if indeed it was being broken down into the carcinogenic naphthalene in the liver.

I tried spice. Yeah, it gets you stoned... quite heavily stoned. But that's all. Think about all the different kinds of buzz you can get from weed - trippy, couchlock, giggly, etc. If you asked what kind of buzz spice gives, I wouldn't be able to say. You know you're wasted but apart from that it's kinda empty.

It's no substitute for weed.