What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~~ART Returns To His Roots~~

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Finally, I can begin my long awaited return! I have been unable to grow for over a year. I first began growing indoors in a C-13 at never looked back.
I will never forget the first strain I grew. Dutch Passion Blueberry feminized. Here she was at 56 days!

I owe that to Maliboo. My knowledge of indoor cultivation came from him.

From there I began to grow comercially for about 18 months. I had 8 600w. This was the "trainer grow" to hone my skills.

Some Stardust 13 by Maliboo

Check out this monster... Golden Skush (freebie from Seedsdirect)

Then I chilled out and went back to cabinet growing...

And now, FINALLY, I am going to grow in a C-13 (or the closest thing I can find at Home Depot, a ClosetMaid, slightly not as deep) under 250 watts in soil, SOG. I will have a seperate veg/mother cab. using a 24" wide 6 bulb T5 florescent lamp to light it.

I will be using Fox Farm Grow and Bloom OR Tiger Bloom, I haven't decided yet. In the early stages, standard, I use no nutrients and 1ML Superthive per gallon of water. I do use tap, just for a few extra micros. I use Fox Farm Organic Soil and I add Pearlite and Vermiculite by eye, so there is a VERY airy mixture. I like my soil EXTRA airy. Not so much for drainage, but for the good gas exchange and the ease that Oxygen can reach the root zone when the pots dry... I've found that along with proper re-potting methods, this really increases root mass. But enough lecturing. ON WITH THE GOODS!!!

I've germinated 5 Resivoir Seeds Sour Diesel IBL, 6 Dutch Passion Orange Bud, and put 1 South African Durban Poison X Skunk #1 (a freebie from the Boutique) right into soil.

I had 100% germination on the SD IBL and the DP OB, But I lost one transplanting helping one out of his shell... :nono: Which is why I planted the S.A. DP X SK#1.

I've made a Rubbermaid Seedling/Clone chameber with some tube floros on the top and a few (3 24w) CFL's hanging in it.

And lastly, here are the little ones still sleeping waiting to open thier eyes...

So, I hope you enjoy watching my grow. If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask! I'm also planning a cross between Orange Bud and Sour Diesel, Orange Diesel.

~Art

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
PiffDaddy - Welcome. How's the weather on your side? I'd say probably 80F and 60% Humidity. How dem crazy glock boyz?

No. None of the seeds I germinated are feminized. I did buy a 5 pack of Dutch Passion Master Kush (feminzed) but that was only because they didn't have a Standard m/f pack of 10 and I really wanted the strain. I usually don't buy feminzed because I like to sex the plants, they are more expensive, and you never know, you might get an exremely vigourous male that could be a good specimen for a little cross.

After the intial test grow to see how each plant handles flowering, I will be flowering the most potent, highest yielding plant in my group. I will cross one or two of these clones with the other plant. (If I get a potent high yielding Orange Bud female, I will throw some Sour Diesel Pollen on her. If my mom ends up being Sour Diesel, than I'll hit her with some Orange Bud pollen) My preference is to use Orange Bud as the female and pollinate her with my most vigourous specimen of Sour Diesel. After that, I don't plan to have to purchase seeds for a LONG time. And, though I've never grown DP Orange Bud, I'm thinking it is going to be killer! And then crossed with Sour Diesel? How can I go wrong?

The first pic on the thread was from my FIRST indoor grow. That WAS a feminzed DP Blueberry. And I have to admit, to this day, it was the best herb I've ever smoked. That Krippie plant was a close second...

G

ART, YEAH NIGGA IT'S HOT AS FUCK OUT SIDE RIGHT NOW BUT IF IT RAINS TO EARLY IT GET'S HOTTER! AND I WORK ON DA BEACH EVEN HOTTER!

I STOPED ORDERING REGULAR SEEDS CUZ I HATE WAITING THRU THE WHOLE PROCESS. I JUST PICK UP WHITEWIDOW (FEM) FROM DUTCH PASSION LETS SEE WHAT THE OUT COME ON THAT IS GOING TO BE, I ALSO PICK UP A FEW THING FROM G.H. ALL (FEM'S) I HAVE 8 BITCH IN MY ROOM NOW THEY SAY IT'S ALL FEM SEEDS I GOT MY FINGERS CROSSED!

THESE PIC'S WHERE DONE ON LAST SUNDAY 3-30-08 OR SO, BUT THEY ARE REALLY GETTING HUGE THEY DON'T LOOK NOTHING LIKE THIS RIGHT NOW. I'LL WILL GET SOME NEW PIC'S TO NITE, TO SHOW YOU WHAT'S UP.

YOU ASKED ABOUT DEM GLOCK BOYZ? SHIT NIGGA I GOT ME A GL40 AND TWO OF THESE.

WE REALLY DON'T HAVE MANY GLOCKS IN MY AREA! LOL!

Last edited:

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Piff - Lol. I know. Glocks are like cap guns in the hood. I've seen some crazy shit. I seen some crazy Hatian dude with an AK47 (the one with the wood, not the strain) strapped to his back, walking down the block.
Intrested to see how those plants look. Is that a bubbler they are sitting in? What you feed em? Ph? I'm thinking about trying hydro, but I don't want to lose any time if I fuk up. So I wanna be confident about hydroponics before I try.

Frankie Bag of Doughnuts - Whaddup homie?! Now I can finally show you my skill set. Get ready for a great show. I'm thinking about throwing F.U.C.K.E.M. in my sig, but I'm not sure I'm fiesty enough... Besides I laugh at any of you West Coasters that doubt the East. We can read just as well and have access to the same genepool. So what is the difference? I would say there are MORE large scale grows on the East Coast anyway. I know I would'nt grow large in the hotbed of LE that is California...
Good looks on swinging through...

G

THATS FUNNY ABOUT THE HATIAN SENSATION LOL! I DON'T NO IF MINE IS A AK-47 BUT I DO NO IT'S A CHOPPER!

Last edited:

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Great looking grow so far Art. You were not the only one that got the idea and knowledge to grow from Maliboo. I spent many an hour reading through that thread soaking up knowlege. He sure grew some nice looking plants in there too. Great genetics you've chosen as well. I'm playing around with a few Mandala strains now. I really love the landrace genes they've got. I only fertilize a few times and get huge, sticky buds. I'll be watching with some red eyes :joint:

-Funk

GoneGrowing

:wave: ARTofMAKINGfire

I'm in, you sound like you've got it all under control in your now "small" garden, will be good to follow a fellow grow of Sour Diesel IBL in a cab too. And Orange Bud, looking forward to seeing what you'll get from those beans.

peace out!

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
UPDATE 7 DAYS FROM SEED

UPDATE 7 DAYS FROM SEED

DAY 7 FROM SEED

5 out of 5 Sour Diesel IBL's are above ground! The last two came up today.
Here is one the most vigourous one so far...
Sour Diesel IBL Day 5

Sour Diesel IBL Day 6

Sour Diesel IBL Day 7

I hope this one is a female!!!

The Dutch Passion Orange Bud was not as good. Many had trouble cracking the seed casing. 2 out of 5 are up and looking good. I'm still waiting on another. And 2 have kicked the bucket.
Here is the DP Orange Bud!

Due to the untimely death of another Orange Bud, I've decided to utilize the pot and plant one of these babies!!!

Here are the remaining 4. They were so big, I took a picture. PIFFDADDY you think it'll be a girl?

So at this point, I have 5 health Sour Diesel seedlings, 2 healthy Orange Bud seedlings, 1 Orange Bud still waiting to come up, 1 South African Durban Poison X Skunk #1 still waiting to pop, and NOW 1 DP MASTERKUSH FEMINISED! (waiting to pop)
They are still in my DIY seedling chamber. I will have the cabinet finished in a few days at the most, still figuring out my intake setup because I want to run the air through a filter first. Then they can enjoy a few days of MH before a transplant... So far no problems. I gave them all a good watering today and now I will allow the pots to dry out nicely for about 48 hours... Maybe a little less.

Here is a little treat I got myself. Seems the local commercial growers are doing something right after all... Wonder who taught them? :muahaha:

G

ART~ WHATS UP MAN? LOOKS LIKE SOME CHERRY'S HAVE BEEN POPPED! LOL!

I THINK YOU WILL BE FINE WITH THAT MASTERKUSH. MY W.W. FROM THEM ARE GETTING HUGE BUT I'M STILL IN VEGGIE TILL THE END OF THE WEEK OR SO. I CAN WAIT TO SEE THE OUT COME ON YOUR KUSH. YOUR GOING TO HAVE A HELL OF A CLOSET GOING. ARE YOU GOING TO USE THAT 250HPS THE ENTIRE TIME ?

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
FunkBomb - Welcome. Thanks for rollin in. Maliboo was a cool guy and had a way of making a small personal grow seem very appealing. I wonder how many people (lurkers and all) he REALLY got to start growing. Probably a lot. Enjoy the grow.

GoneGrowing - What's up bro, how are your Sour Diesel doing? I can't wait to see how the Orange Bud comes out either. I really hope it has an orange/citrus taste/smell.

Maj.PotHead - Howdy. Enjoy the grow. Pictures and speak of weapons welcome on this thread.

PIFF - Yea. They'll be under the 250w within a few days and they will remain there the whole grow. I will put an HPS conversion bulb in for flowering... Later on, once I get my mothers established, I want to buy a SECOND 250w and seperate cabinet. This way I can stagger harvest time and chop aprox. every 30-35 days. This will also make it easier to grow whole crops of different strains, SOG, without having to worry about the canopy being uneven...

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
Day 13 From Germination

Day 13 From Germination

DAY 13 FROM GERMINATION​

I finished constructing my cabinet and have plenty of pictures to show you of it.
This is the cabinet I bought from Home Depot for $95 US.

I also bought from Home Depot 3/8" weatherstripping which I lined all of the joints while assembling the cabinet to make it air and light tight. I used the cardboard backing that comes with the cabinet. I lined the back with weatherstripping and used the nails provided. Then I neatly duct-taped all around the back to ensure a good seal. After assembling the cabinet, I drew out four 4.5" holes on the bottom for intake...

Then I cut them out with a jig-saw. Don't do this after smoking multiple bongloads, it won't come out straight. But, for my application, I could care less as these holes won't be seen or interfere with pot arrangment.

I got a box of 20" X 20" by 1" pleated air filters for free, so I decided to build a frame with a filter track so that all the intake air will be clean. This is what I came up with. You can see the weatherstripping on the back wall of the cabinet. This is to ensure a air tight seal around the filter so air can only pass through it and nowhere else.

How the filter slides in...

I also waetherstripped the sides of the frame where the filter rests up against and put some on the doors lined up with where the other end of the filter is. So it is sealed tightly on all sides preventing any air from seeping in that hasn't passed through the filter...

And here she is all finished.

NOW! Onto the plants. When people say such and such days from seed I'm not sure if they mean from the time the seed popped or from the time the seed came above the ground.
Anyway, here is one of the Sour Diesel IBL's at day 13 from GERMINATION. And 8 days from when it came above the dirt.

And here is a Dutch Passion Orange Bud at 13 from GERMINATION and 8 days from emerging from the dirt.

You can easily tell the difference in leaf structure already between the SD and the OB which are the same age.

So currently the count stands at 5 Sour Diesel, 3 Orange Bud, and 1 Master Kush. All are up and running. None of the South African DP X Skunk#1 came up, so I think I'm going to give up on them for this run.

Here is where they are right now. I will be moving them into the cabinet within a day or two.

And here is a shot of the lights in my DIY veg chamber...

SO! I hope everyone enjoys what they see so far. If anyone has any questions let me know and I'll try and be as helpful as I can. Thanks to everyone who dropped in.

I need to buy a 250w HPS conversion bulb for a MH ballast. Anyone know where I can get a good deal?

Last edited:

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
icough2getoff - Yo man whats up? Thanks for coming through. Good to have some more cab growers in here...

gonejah17 - Yeah thanks. I've been wanting to do a grow where I am retentive about air quality, this will be that grow. There are NO dust particles being sucked in...

Excel - What's up? Stick around, I like to take lots of pictures. Expecially in flowering...

I moved the little ones into the cabinet 2 days ago. I have 5 Sour Diesels, 3 Orange Bud, and 1 MasterKush. They re all up and running. I will post some update pics in a day or so...
I can already smell the Sour Diesels AND the Orange Buds. They smell VERY different and I can't believe the citrus undertones I'm getting from the Orange Bud already...

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
DAY 21 FROM GERMINATION

Here is a picture of the completed cabinet. Everything is now 100% finished. I was going to purchase a fan speen control, but decided against it as temperatures are perfect without any air conditioning in the room...

And here she is opened up...

A few of the Sour Diesel seedlings have displayed deformed first leaves, but I've seen this alot before. As we all know, it is harmless. Here they are about a week ago.

And here they are recently in their home. They'll be needing a transplant into larger pots. I'll do that in a day or two...

Here is the Master Kush (feminzed). It is the youngest seedling, but is clearly bigger than an Orange Bud which is OLDER than it. This plant is growing with VIGOR!

Here is a little side view of the babies...

And finally, a nice close up of a Dutch Passion Orange Bud! These babies are stinking already!

I'm still giving them only tap water and SuperThrive.

Can't wait for after the transplant...... :muahaha:

Latest posts

Latest posts