What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Armed Takeover Robbery of Medical Marijuana Clinic Security Guard Shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

1ManGrow

Los Angeles: Three suspects are being sought after an armed robbery and shooting that left a security guard injured.

On July 17, 2012, around 11 a.m., 25-year-old Cornell White and two unidentified male Blacks, walked into a medical marijuana clinic in the 1300 block of West Olympic Blvd. White, who had frequented the business previously, contacted the security guard and signed in to enter the clinic. While White distracted the security guard his two accomplices attacked him and wrestled him to the ground.

White and one of the suspects proceeded to ransack the clinic taking money and marijuana as the third suspect held the security guard on the ground at gunpoint. All three suspects escaped through the back door of the clinic.
The security guard chased after the trio and was shot by one of the suspects as he neared the corner of 11th Street and Albany Street. The suspects entered a 1985 two-door Toyota Celica and drove off with White behind the wheel.

The security guard, a 34-year-old male Hispanic, was transported to a local hospital for treatment. He was admitted and listed in stable condition.

Detectives were able to identify White, who frequented the clinic. Hours after the robbery, they also found the getaway car and arrested the getaway driver; 28 year-old Brandon Mabson-Martin. He was booked for Robbery and later released after posting a $150,000 bail. White and the two other accomplices remain unidentified and at large.

<iframe src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=f40c988e19a2" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="360"></iframe>

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact Rampart Area Gang Detectives, Detective Ross Nemeroff at (213) 484-3663, or Detective Carlos Garcia at (213) 484-3631. During non-business hours or on weekends, calls should be directed to 1-877-LAPD-24-7 (877-527-3247). Anyone wishing to remain anonymous should call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (800-222-8477). Tipsters may also contact Crime Stoppers by texting to phone number 274637 (C-R-I-M-E-S on most keypads) with a cell phone. All text messages should begin with the letters “LAPD.” Tipsters may also go to LAPDOnline.org, click on "webtips" and follow the prompts.

http://lapdblog.typepad.com/lapd_bl...over-robbery-of-medical-marijuana-clinic.html

Crazy..There is always someone out there that finds it easier to steal than to do themselves..

2 identified within 24 hours of committing the crime. Seems like as long as the dispensaries have a good policy on their front door, thieves will get there's.

I'm glad the security guard will be ok, and no one else was hurt.

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

What a fuckin smart guy, rob the place that knows you.... moron....

The real problem here is this is the kind of incident that the anti-advocates use to further there cause of marijuana=violence.... Az

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If that was Florida the perps would all be dead.

Personally I would circulate pics of that swine pointing the gun at the head and I'd make it very public that I'd pay a certain amount of money for that hand. Any way you get it is fine but I want the hand. Take a pic of the son of a b and put the pic of the face and hand on the wall behind the register. Any ideas? Make sure you know what you're getting into.

What amazes me is he was able to post bail, at least 15k cash.

He looks like he's never done that before, too. Not that I've even thought about it, but he had little control, people running all over. At least he has his finger above the trigger guard.

I agree, chop his thieving hands off.

Thumbs down, if you can post bail like that, why rob?

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
It's odd how many people that smoke are violent and greedy.

It didn't used to be that way... or maybe I was high.

It's not worth having your eyes opened if you're never going to realize your true potential.

Peace, love, and understanding will never be accomplished by greed, violence, and hate.

This plant is the answer to suffering masses, not the reason for them to suffer.

Who raised this generation?

Come on people now...

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran

Come on people now...

Public schools and the state. Don't you know that the government has intentionally marginalized parents and placed obidence to the slave state and the only objective, morality has no place in a slaves heart; he is to do as told by master and no more...........

Individual morality and ethics are beaten out of children by our government.

:joint:

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Gnarly. Worse than the act itself and the attack of the Guard is what it does to the Movement.

Gives the Naysayers Fuel to rail against (M)Mj Businesses.

As if Liquor Stores, pawn shops or anywhere that has anything worth a damn never gets robbed......

It's odd how many people that smoke are violent and greedy.

It didn't used to be that way... or maybe I was high.

It's not worth having your eyes opened if you're never going to realize your true potential.

Peace, love, and understanding will never be accomplished by greed, violence, and hate.

This plant is the answer to suffering masses, not the reason for them to suffer.

Come on people now...

Judging by your picture, mostly your generation.

Don't get me wrong, but why do you think there is Lennon holding up the peace/victory sign?

There's always been violence. When there is a lot of something with value to it, people steal it.

Fuck, they steal baby formula!

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Don't get me wrong, but why do you think Lennon is holding up a not a victory sign nor a peace sign but both?

What's your generation's popular response to violence?

An eye for an eye is going to accomplish what exactly?

Who is the they that is stealing baby formula?

Us?

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, but why do you think Lennon is holding up a not a victory sign nor a peace sign but both?

What's your generation's popular response to violence?

An eye for an eye is going to accomplish what exactly?

Who is the they that is stealing baby formula?

Us?

Don't get all butt hurt because I called it like I see it, please.

He asked a question, I never said my generation was/is better at dealing with violence, just that it's remained something which has affected/afflicted societal groupings of human beings, basically since time began.

How do you eliminate something which has been so prevalent throughout man's history?

Flower power, peace rallies and rock and roll didn't do any good, well, and permanent good, aside from civil rights, which is now being used to control the population.

One might even argue the civil rights movement set humans/The Us back a little. But that's another topic all together.

Peace - D.C.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We have had just ONE local dispo robbed, fire bombed and broken into at least 3-4 times in the last 2 years......it happens a lot more than peeps think.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Don't be sorry, I know what you think you're certain of... it's probably the "facts" you posted.

Flower power, peace rallies and rock and roll didn't do any good, well, and permanent good, aside from civil rights, which is now being used to control the population.

And advocating Islamic justice for the thief makes me wonder...

If you were truly stating facts it should have thrilled you to answer my questions instead of asking me one.

It doesn't sound like you wanted to really talk about it at all.

Did you just get angry and resort to violent thought?

It does happen to some people.

You sound like a Republican :D

You're welcome :tiphat:

Don't be sorry, I know what you think you're certain of... it's probably the "facts" you posted.

And advocating Islamic justice for the thief makes me wonder...

If you were truly stating facts it should have thrilled you to answer my questions instead of asking me one.

It doesn't sound like you wanted to really talk about it at all.

Did you just get angry and resort to violent thought?

It does happen to some people.

You sound like a Republican :D

You're welcome :tiphat:

You're so much smarter than I am!

Islamic, and/or Biblical, or Roman, or name that empire, justice.

Violent thought? Are you kidding me? You're THAT much more advanced than the rest of us?

Who cares what I believe politically?

But if you must know, I lean towards Libertarianism, actually.

I don't see the GOP, and especially not the DNC doing American citizens any good.

If you're such a democrat, could you please have the president stop the useless dying of our soldiers, stop assassinating American Citizens, who've not been formally charged with a crime, with drone missile strikes, please?

All my correspondence goes UN-answered, and it seems no matter the tactics used by opposition parties are not working, either.

I'm truly sorry if it seems like I don't want to discuss things with you, I just don't see a level of maturity which calls for discussion.

I mean, you DID just try to smear my name, by calling me a republican. LMFAO.

:)
This president continues to grow gov't, that's not a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.