What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Arizona laws

now my understanding for a not for profit is not that disp will not make money, but by the end of the year, expenses are greater than income, that means that salaries, bonuses, transportation cost,rent,electricity, employee pay and benefits. almost everything the disp uses is an expense. so, and disp can earn all the money it wants, but at tax time all the money has been spent on expenses, money donated to charities, business expenses, etc.
after reading about other states where the police just break in and arrest everybody, saying they dont have to abide by those state laws in their county, i am wondering how that is going to happen here

i tried to start a thread-Arizona growers and couldnt do it. is it to early to think about this or would anybody respond anyway?

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
now my understanding for a not for profit is not that disp will not make money, but by the end of the year, expenses are greater than income, that means that salaries, bonuses, transportation cost,rent,electricity, employee pay and benefits. almost everything the disp uses is an expense. so, and disp can earn all the money it wants, but at tax time all the money has been spent on expenses, money donated to charities, business expenses, etc.
after reading about other states where the police just break in and arrest everybody, saying they dont have to abide by those state laws in their county, i am wondering how that is going to happen here

If I had to guess, I think LEO in most jurisdictions are going to be fairly militant compared to most states. How long that will go on, I don't know. Couple years before the court system finally makes it clear that local LEO needs to get with the program.

I don't want to be one of those first-generation guinea pigs, myself.

As for non-profits, the key "expense" here is salaries. They can make a gazillion dollars, then just pay themselves a 1/2 gazillion and be sure they blow the other 1/2 gazillion on various expenses and they're golden.

i dont want to test out the laws early on either. but it will get some of these empty houses rented for living/growing. i dont mean fill up the whole house with plants, but using the second floor rooms for veg and flower and vent smell into the attic thru carbon filter and first floor for living. something to test the laws? just an idea though. according to the caregiver section, a caregiver cannot be compensated for being a caregiver, just for time and expenses to grow the medicine that the caregiver delivers

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
according to the caregiver section, a caregiver cannot be compensated for being a caregiver, just for time and expenses to grow the medicine that the caregiver delivers

That's the same wording that all state mmj laws use, as far as I know. And obviously it's got built-in loopholes because most people are selling to their patients for $150-300/ounce.