What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Arizona laws

ka0tik_kreati0n

♥-_-~Praying the Lord my soul to keep~-_-&#9
Veteran
Ok I don't know if I'm posting right, but ya'll can delete if I did..
anyways, I'm considering moving to az... what are the laws for there? I heard there were no real laws against having marijuana, they just don't like 'selling'..

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
I'd recommend you check out the NORML website, that will give you an idea as to what leo might or might not be enforcing.

If you move to a big city with lots of crime, cannabis is going to be a low priority, and if you do happen to get busted, good chances it will be a suspended sentence. assuming no priors

If you move to a rural city, cops are bored looking for stuff to do, it could go either way depending on the judge.

These are just generalities, so, take it with a grain of salt.

P

Pure.Dope

Don't really know why you'd choose AZ. It's hotter than a bitch. Any amount of weed is a felony.

Edit: I was wrong. Possession and growing under a certain amount can be misdemeanor or felony.

Arpaio is an idiot. If you peel off his cheek you reveal his mechanical jaw.

Dr. Dank

if your thinking phoenix, be warned sheriff joe does not fuck around at all. hes a nazi, google him.

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
Joe Arpaio is a prick. If you don't want to stay in tent city, keep your head low.

pinkpq5.jpg

Cymbaline

Medical marijuana measure headed for ballot

Since there is no Arizona forum, I'll go ahead and post this here...

It looks like Arizonans are going to get to decide if they want to be able to use marijuana for medical reasons.
Backers of a plan to let doctors provide written recommendations for marijuana turned in petitions Wednesday with what they said are about 252,000 signatures in support of the plan. That is nearly 100,000 more than need to be found valid to put the question on the November ballot.
If approved, Arizona would become the 15th state in the nation with a medical marijuana law.

Full article here.... http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/152792

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
There's plenty of great bud in Central and Northern AZ actually. And lots of growers. I think with smaller communities it just isn't as easy to tap into the inner circle when you stroll into town.

Most of the commercial on the street up here is organic outdoor from N. Cali. The transpo costs and risk generally set the price at about $300-350/oz.

billycw

Veteran
If you are a smoker or grower don't move to Phoenix or Az for that matter. High risk state. Possession of under ounce is covered under prop 200 starts as class 6 felony and drooped to a misdemeanor after completion of 3 month UI testing, drug classes, 1000 dollar fine and 360 hours of community service. Growing has mandatory min's and believe me they weigh everything to get you there. 5 years mandatory if caught with 2lbs and a class 3 hit. Prosecutors play very dirty and don't back down. Tent city is no joke especially in the summer. All around very bad state to choose.
The new prop is very sketchy. If sheriff Joe was not the sheriff it might be better but being put on a list with address for him to use to visit is not best case. Laws haven't stopped him yet so why would this be different? Plus finger prints to be ran through federal data base knowing its not cool with the feds not smart.

Mikos

Watch out for border patrol checkpoint eastbound I8 between yuma & gila bend.... probably the biggest pot trap in the state. Typically it's setup just east of Yuma but construction forced them to move it for the time being. Agents there run dogs almost non-stop and love to bust weed smokers for any amount. You will not talk your way out of a court date. Good news is the court there(welton,az) will plea down to a misdemeanor paraphernalia charge (and $400 fine) anything below an ounce. It's all about generating revenue.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2008...rdes-of-pot-users-headed-back-from-the-beach/

I would like to discuss the arizona measure for med marijuana,assumeing it will pass, having read the measure, and after being a nurse for the last 15 years, i am tired of the stress and i know the money will not be even close to what i would make, i do have a spare room or two on a quiet suburbia street. and i dont mind paying tax on it, like buying food or paying income tax on it. so after all that, caregivers for patients that live 25 miles or further from dispensary can have 5 pt and 12 plants per pt and 2.5 oz of dried bud per pt. i dont mind doing the paperwork for each pt. caregivers can grow in a locked space? which states a room or closet or bigger.

also measure states that employers cannot fire a med marijuana pt just because of metabolites in the urine, has to prove under the influance at work

dispensaries, only 25 in state, i believe this will be good for caregivers, just imagine hundreds or thousands of mmj pts lining up at only 25 dispensaries every day, who is going to do that in 115 degree heat, just call caregiver and have it delivered, or maybe i could contract thru dispensary to deliver to pt(measure states that dispensaries can deliver or did i read that wrong

sorry if it is wordy or rambling, just something to get started on before dec 31 if i decide to do this

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
I'd love to be discussing this thing with others more often, too. It's AMAZING to me that it's so damn hard to find information-- or just opinions-- about an issue that is a pretty big deal. Guess we'll hear a lot more about it come September/October.

Anyway, the number of dispensaries in the state is going to be more like 120-130, desertdweller, which means that property in the boonies is going to start selling left and right. LOL

But the other sticky thing is that dispensaries are going to (somehow... I don't completely understand why) be required to grow the medicine they dispense to patients. I was told by a Valley attorney (who is at the epicenter of all of this because his firm represents a number of wealthy entities that are clamoring to be get control of the AZ cannabiz industry) that a dispensary won't be able to (a) buy off of growers or (b) "lend" their dispensary credentials to a grower to grow for them.

So you would have to grow for specific patients rather than selling wholesale to a dispensary. The latter is faster and cleaner, but the former isn't a bad deal either.

my mistake, i did not read of max amt of dispensaries in az. whooa, that is even better, i think, that is alot of dispensaries to keep filled every day of the week, no matter how much outside money and space in the state or how much schwag comes from mexico on the backs of illegal aliens(sorry mrs. brewer) but anyway, in the rules for dispensaries i believe it is letter F, it states that a disp can get marijuana from patient or caregiver as long as the disp does not pay for it, but they turn around and sell it but did not compensate the caregiver(grower)?

Dignan

The Soapmaker!
Veteran
That's how I interpret that rule, too. Dispensaries can take donations from people legally cultivating, but they can't pay growers for the product.

There are a number of reasons that's confusing but the primary one for me is, if I'm growing legally, I'm either growing for myself as a patient or for my patients as a caregiver. Given that fact, why the f would I turn around and give (or even sell) the meds I grew, which were intended for a specific patient, to a dispensary. Why not just sell them to my patients?