What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Arizer extreme vaporizer

Calimed

Veteran
Potentially in the market for a new vape. I've built my own with heat guns and have had an easy vape. The easy vape gets burn spots easily and is not very enjoyable.

Originally I was going to get a volcano, but I hear his extreme is just as good.

Is this vape worth getting over a volcano? Who uses these?

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
I had both until about 3 1/2 weeks ago, I sold my 'Cano.

The Arizer is every bit as good, I love it and would never switch back. Ask me anything and I'd be happy to answer. It's attractive, easy to use, VERY effective, accurate . . . a great vaporizer. Honestly I'm glad I switched.

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
I have a volcano from about 3 year now, helped me a lot quit smoking. I only use vap now, the extreme seems nice, my 'cano is a bit too noisy now specialy late at night when everyone sleeping in the house!!

Hey eti', whats ur favorite way to use ur extreme? I 've seen on the video the guy smoking out of the tube whith out air blow...I was wondering how that is effective?
Could be a solution for me...Does it taste as good as with the volcano?
Can u change the bag?

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
my extreme is on all day long. whenever I'm home. never used a cano

LAMB the new extremeQ is supposed to be super quiet. my extreme v3 is pretty noisy but not too bad.

IMO the (fan assisted) whip hits are the best tasting thing ever. much more concentrated flavor than a bag. with the whip (elbow pack) you get 1 insanely tasty hit, next hit is ok, then it goes downhill depending on the weed. with the bag it is all mixed together and just tastes ok

yes you can replace the bags. they are turkey roasting bags from the grocery store. or you can buy bags online

Calimed

Veteran
Excellent! Sound like the ExtremeQ is much more appetizing than the price of a volcano.

Do you guys use the remote at all...is it even useful for the amount of time a bowl lasts?

Do you ever notice burn spots or large fluctuations in temperature?

etinarcadiaego

Even in Arcadia I exist
Veteran
I have a volcano from about 3 year now, helped me a lot quit smoking. I only use vap now, the extreme seems nice, my 'cano is a bit too noisy now specialy late at night when everyone sleeping in the house!!

Hey eti', whats ur favorite way to use ur extreme? I 've seen on the video the guy smoking out of the tube whith out air blow...I was wondering how that is effective?
Could be a solution for me...Does it taste as good as with the volcano?
Can u change the bag?

Hey man! My fav way at the moment is the bag. It just gets me soooo ripped. The tube with the fan blowing is really great, I even like it more than the direct method where you must inhale as the fan helps me get a more even hit and keeps you from getting that lightheaded feeling from pulling too hard.

Taste is SUPERB! The all glass construction really makes for fine fine fine tasting herb.

You can use any bag you want, as they include a glass channel tube you insert into a bag (any bag) and two O-rings to hold the bag in place. They include 2 bags, pretty much just like with the Cano.

my extreme is on all day long. whenever I'm home. never used a cano

LAMB the new extremeQ is supposed to be super quiet. my extreme v3 is pretty noisy but not too bad.

IMO the (fan assisted) whip hits are the best tasting thing ever. much more concentrated flavor than a bag. with the whip (elbow pack) you get 1 insanely tasty hit, next hit is ok, then it goes downhill depending on the weed. with the bag it is all mixed together and just tastes ok

yes you can replace the bags. they are turkey roasting bags from the grocery store. or you can buy bags online

I didn't even know there was a V3 and a Q . . . I ordered the V3 at Christmas but received the "Q". Totally silent . . . no noise at all. Maybe a teeny tiny bit with the fan on high, but on 1 or 2 - very very quiet.

Excellent! Sound like the ExtremeQ is much more appetizing than the price of a volcano.

Do you guys use the remote at all...is it even useful for the amount of time a bowl lasts?

Do you ever notice burn spots or large fluctuations in temperature?

I use the remote ALL THE TIME! Honestly! Especially at night when I'm watching Entourage or a movie or whatever. I press the Fan-1 setting, take a long drag, press FAN-0, hold it, exhale, repeat :)

I don't know how i ever got by without a remote. lol A full bowl will last me a long time, more than a day. I don't vape as much as others tho, pretty much just at night and not every day . . .

I never get burn spots, my bud comes out looking JUST like with the cano. A crispy dull brownish color. It's supposed to be a pretty high quality heater and all solid state construction . . .

The taste alone will sell you on it . . .

If you think bongs are smooth and tasty, you're in for a treat with a vaporizer, and you can't go wrong with the Extreme.

My $0.02

Perpetual Nooch

I have the non-motorized V-Tower. I love it. Tastes great and saves me a pile of weed compared to joints. I still have the occasional J for old time's sake, but the V-Tower stays on all day.

Don Dump

Veteran
hey shooey

the vapor tower is just a whip. no fan

the extreme v3 is this one that I have. does it all, whip and balloons.

the extremeQ (v4) is the new one they replaced the v3 with. it has some improvements
NEW Quiet Fan (77% quieter than previous Extreme)
NEW Midnight Chrome Finish
Cooler, more compact design
Clear View LCD
Faster heating ceramic heater
Precise Temperature Control with triple heat sensors
50% more energy effecient
Redesigned with Solid State Circuitry

Calimed

Veteran
Well if it doesn't get heat spots and is now ultra quiet...hmm, sounds like Arizer has it down.

Has anyone tried an all glass whip?

I wish I could find stats on the heat variance like I can get for the cano. The real vs. set temperature may be a remedy for that though.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
thanks Don, you're always there with the good info :D

sounds like the Q is the way to go :)

bc.reeferman

I think that it should be noted that a major improvment that the Q has over the previous extreme is that the glass heater cover (the part the bowl attaches to, not the elbow) has been re-designed for improved durability and resistance to breaking. The previous extreme was notorious for having the glass heater cover break if anyone ever managed to tip the unit over.

I would think that would make more people want to consider arizer plus all the other great reasons that people have posted so far.

robereno

I started vaporizing about a year ago with the Vaporbrothers unit and switched to the Arizer Extreme last month. Both work well but I wanted to try the bag method for my wife who has a problem with smoke.

During the evening I sit at my desk and use the single hitter for myself and fill bags for my wife who's in the other room watching TV. Works perfectly for that.

But I still like to occasionally use my bong. I enjoy the ritual of using it for some reason.

medichron

Hey everyone,

I've owned both the volcano and the extreme v3, and in my opinion, the volcano is far superior. Although the extreme has the ability to use a whip, i just feel like the volcano does a better job with the actual vape process. I've used my friends volcano, and then gone back to my house and used the extreme which i currently own, with the same bud, and the results with the volcano are way better (taste of herb, quality of vapor, ease of use, speed of filling bag). The metal screen that keeps herb from being blown into the bag often gets clogged with the extreme, and causes extreme restriction of airflow (this makes the bag take way longer to fill up).

I sold my volcano a year or two ago because i needed the cash, then later purchased the extreme because i was in need of a decently priced vape. The second day I had the extreme, the glass housing for the heating element mysteriously broke...luckily it was replaced by arizer for free.

Another thing that bothers me about the extreme is that once you fill the bag, you have to hold your finger over the mouthpiece to prevent vapor from leaking out. With the volcano the snap on mouthpiece eliminates this issue and allows you to set down the bag for a minute or two, or throw it across the room to one of your buddies.

I feel like the volcano is also much more sturdy. The extreme is fairly good for the value, but if you really want quality and performance, go with the volcano.

At the moment i'm trying to sell my extreme to possibly fund a new volcano.

Just my :2cents:
Peace,
Medichron :joint:

i'm thinking about ordering the arizer and was just wondering if any of you have found an easy way to plug the mouthpiece ?

it would be nice to have a valve similar to the cano but doubt thats possible, i just didnt know if any of you had any useful ideas

bloyd

Veteran
i'm thinking about ordering the arizer and was just wondering if any of you have found an easy way to plug the mouthpiece ?

it would be nice to have a valve similar to the cano but doubt thats possible, i just didnt know if any of you had any useful ideas

glad press and seal works pretty well

Don Dump

Veteran
yeah I got my EQ on ebay for 165 or something. ended up being 212 shipped. sans warranty though