What's new

area 51 sg-160 x 6 panel grow

babelfish

now is that 400w hps or led?

i'm here because i have a desire to switch out from hps. not because i've grown in led's in the past. honestly, i've been standing on the sidelines waiting for the 50w single emitter led's - but who knows how long that will take to happen. anyway it was hps. and i had issues - heat and more.

gardenfather

This is my first time growing and Im already thinking heat issues too, I should have just bought the 2 LEd lights ugh, i know its 1000$ but well worth it.

Its tough to say that 2 of these panels equal a 600 watt hid only because of the foot print it puts out. Two sg 160's will cover 4ft x 3ft side by side or 2ft x 6ft if they are placed in a straight line, so I guess in a way its more versatile. Also it will only use 310 watts as each panel draws about 155 watts. Depending on plant size and strain it could def pull the same yield. It was my first run and I got 19.5 oz dry from 930 watts, I do get around 20 to 24 oz dry per 1000 watt hps in my other room so as watts go these leds compare well, with way less heat and easier to set up obviously hang them daisy chain em and only use one plug into the wall and booom your ready to grow.

gardenfather

Its tough to say that 2 of these panels equal a 600 watt hid only because of the foot print it puts out. Two sg 160's will cover 4ft x 3ft side by side or 2ft x 6ft if they are placed in a straight line, so I guess in a way its more versatile. Also it will only use 310 watts as each panel draws about 155 watts. Depending on plant size and strain it could def pull the same yield. It was my first run and I got 19.5 oz dry from 930 watts, I do get around 20 to 24 oz dry per 1000 watt hps in my other room so as watts go these leds compare well, with way less heat and easier to set up obviously hang them daisy chain em and only use one plug into the wall and booom your ready to grow.

Damn thats crazy, ive gotta invest some money into that then

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
That is a nice harvest for your first run with LED lights. I hope one day someone has the time and money to do a comparison test between the Area 51 150w light and the Advanced XML 150 light. Thanks for sharing your experience and pictures.

-Funk

Hey FunkBomb, thanks a lot, I didn't even know i had your reply until i checked my thread or i would've replied earlier. It was a learning experience for sure, but in a good way. I had my eye on the XML 150 light, but with all cree led in the area51 and slightly lower cost I think I made the better choice imho

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
hey cococola, what's up? nice grow!

any new grows with those area51 led panels? would really love to see.

peace!

Latest posts

Latest posts