What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are you Chasing CBD??

TheCleanGame

Veteran

Thanks for the link ;)

I'm curious about this "harvesting early" bs...

I don't doubt that it can test higher in cbd than when 'ripe'... I just don't see the point in harvesting cannabis that's not 'ripe' due to the loss in additional terpenoid production and whatnot.

Early picked has always been shorter lasting and in-complete, when compared to a regular harvest time.

I'll be glad when I or someone else has made meds from it both ways and tested it. Who knows, it might make killer HAO...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Huel Perkins:[/FONT] I'm going to have the opportunity to medicate non-cannabis users with harlequin... we'll see how that goes in about 5 months when I have some to spare. :)

Keep it Clean! :D

Huel Perkins

Veteran
Thanks for the link ;)

I'm curious about this "harvesting early" bs...

I don't doubt that it can test higher in cbd than when 'ripe'... I just don't see the point in harvesting cannabis that's not 'ripe' due to the loss in additional terpenoid production and whatnot.

Early picked has always been shorter lasting and in-complete, when compared to a regular harvest time.

I'll be glad when I or someone else has made meds from it both ways and tested it. Who knows, it might make killer HAO...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Huel Perkins:[/FONT] I'm going to have the opportunity to medicate non-cannabis users with harlequin... we'll see how that goes in about 5 months when I have some to spare. :)

You don't have any comprehension skills, do you?

"Harvesting early bs"

You obviously missed my entire point...

I never said to harvest early for more CBD.

I never said the results would be better from an early harvest.

I said i have experimented with my particular high CBD cut a lot and lab tested it many times, and found that if someone wants "extreme CBD to THC ratios" they should try harvesting early. This advice was only intended for those who want/need as little THC as possible. I never said this was how i grow my plants and how others should grow there's for best results like you keep insinuating. You can stop replying with facts that no one here is contesting. It was just a little experimentation and the results....

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
How wonderfully self centered of you TCG. To project your misinterpretation onto "Lots" of people. Pretty sure most people understood exactly what huel was saying.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran

I'm flowering some Harlequin now for the first time. I could try harvesting a few buds early and the rest "on time" to see the differences.

I read a story where Harlequin fan leaves in veg tested at about the same THC/CBD ratio as the mature flowers. I don't think that's something unique to Harlequin, though. Fan leaves from the good strains I've grown give me a strong high similar to the high I get from the mature buds. I just use the leaves for edibles.

TheCleanGame

Veteran
I'm flowering some Harlequin now for the first time. I could try harvesting a few buds early and the rest "on time" to see the differences.

I read a story where Harlequin fan leaves in veg tested at about the same THC/CBD ratio as the mature flowers. I don't think that's something unique to Harlequin, though. Fan leaves from the good strains I've grown give me a strong high similar to the high I get from the mature buds. I just use the leaves for edibles.
Would certainly help to have lab tests...

Harlequin leaf seems to have the same spice that bud does when eaten... I'm in the process of turning another cut into a second bonsai mum, just for juicing material. :)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TickleMyBalls[/FONT]: Uh... just do a general search on the net for the same information and read the conversations going on between the ignorants. Self centered? lol

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
A search on the Internet and you misinterpreting something someone says directly to you have nothing to do with each other. You stated that lots of people are confused about what huel said, not that there are lots of confused people on the Internet..

Huel Perkins

Veteran

Leaf testing can be done with any strain but your average cannabis testing lab will not be able to show anywhere near what the accurate ratios of the flowers will be. Most leaf testing is just to find out if the strain might contain any significant amount of CBD.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
For the record Huel is the CBD man in Michigan. Listen n learn.

Is harlequin floatin around the mitten?

Last edited:

mofeta

Veteran
I've had the opportunity to puff on "Harlequin" for 7 days and then 10 days.

Is this the sum of your personal experience with CBD rich varieties?

What other varieties have you had personal experience with? How many patients have you helped/observed with regards to the use of CBD?

You speak with such authority and condescension on this topic, I figure you must have years of personal experience with numerous different of CBD rich varieties, their concentrates, and first hand knowledge of many individual patients' reactions to them.

^^ soon - it looks like we should have more information than just anecdotal experience with patients and CBD varieties of various names and flavors:
http://www.haaretz.co.il/magazine/.premium-1.2188968

(google translate seemed to do a pretty good job with the Hebrew) but damn - possibly the coolest quote ever "If a fraction of what researchers say the beneficial effects of cannabis and its active ingredients is right, it is the most important discovery since antibiotics".

...so stoked to be part of this.

Huel Perkins

Veteran
For the record Huel is the CBD man in Michigan. Listen n learn.

Thanks man, not quite sure i'm deserving of that title but i appreciate the kind words. I just do my best to spread my meds, genetics and the small amount of knowledge i have. I hope to be sharing some new genetics with patients soon, ValentineX is coming...

TheCleanGame

Veteran
A search on the Internet and you misinterpreting something someone says directly to you have nothing to do with each other. You stated that lots of people are confused about what huel said, not that there are lots of confused people on the Internet..
You're the one confused...

This isn't the "Only" place on the internet that people discuss this subject. Der? :) I've seen the same half information posted out of context in a couple places now. Not surprised I read it wrong. :tiphat:

After 25 years of exposure to hundreds of different strains, people's reactions and issues with cannabis... it's still surprises me how downright pissy people can get over such stupid shit. :thank you:

Not saying I haven't had my share of bad med months/weeks/years... just saying I try to keep my emotional panties out of my online postings. :)

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok ok ok
let's keep the bitch fest to a minimum in here peeps....
there is alot of confusion about the whole "harvest early for 'more' cbd" and "i don't want much THC cuz cbd is the 'good stuff'" bullshit going around... people actually THINK that thc is "bad for you" and CBD is "good for you". Just part of the invasion of ignorance... people coming here to take advantage of the legal/medical atmosphere with NO real knowledge of the plant or medicine that's made from the plant...

as for the "harvest early" stuff....
it's right there on althouse's site ( http://cbdfreeforall.org/grow-tips/general-tips) :
""CBD peaks at 7 weeks flowering, (up to 14-15%) while in a 2:1 ratio with THC (up to 7%). At 10 weeks CBD remains the same as week 7 but THC catches up to CBD with about a 1:1 ratio."
- http://www.marijuanagrowershq.com/harlequin/"

and OBVIOUSLY, you aren't getting MORE cbd by harvesting early, just an off kilter ratio due to immature trichs, thus higher cbd to thc ratio; right?

pretty sure we can all agree on that, no?

homebrew420

I have a delicious tangerine flavored variety tested 1:1 aprox., think it was 8 cbd, 9.1thc. Made hybrids with a pck male. We are currently test flowering, with dried sample for lab analysis. We found 6 fems with great vigor with the same wonderful tangerine/citrus aroma. We did not get the pck tested however. All 6 or 7 went into flower just 2 days ago. 8-9 weeks from now we shal see. Good infor here gentleman. Huel thanks bud. Testing is the only way.
The high is VERY mellow. Not one for the folks looking for a good buzz. Noticeable clear high and muscle relaxation. Lots of patients really enjoyed this one. Very medical. Didnt do a whole lot for my back and hips but I am but a single patient, grower and aspiring breeder.

Peace

TickleMyBalls

Veteran
Exactly Avi. That is all huel was saying in the first place. And cbd definitely doesn't peak at 7 weeks on all strains. Probably just that free for all strain. Cbd mature just like THC.

What people aren't understanding, because they aren't thinking 4th dimensionally, is that there is a method to the madness. For people with little tolerance for THC, but need for strong cbd doses, it's nearly impossible to concentrate the cbd and not the THC. So the work around is harvest early so that when concentrated the THC is still under 4-5%, with the cbd being in the 30-40% range. Instead of having a fully mature plant extraction where the THC could approach 15-20% even from 1-3% THC content in the flower.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I want to heal a pill popper - diabetic - epileptic puppy

I want to heal a pill popper - diabetic - epileptic puppy

This is all I really know - and this means I practically know nothing about growing CBD's but theres time to learn.

"TruthOnPot.com – Acupuncture has been around for thousands of years and so has medical marijuana. But the two haven’t been connected until now, thanks to a group of outside-the-box thinkers at a university in China.
Their findings, published online by the National Institutes of Health, show how electroacupuncture – an electrified version of traditional acupuncture used to treat pain – works by increasing activity of natural painkillers in the body called cannabinoids.
Explaining the thought process behind their study, the authors point to existing knowledge on cannabinoids – a group of molecules found in both cannabis and all vertebrate animals (including humans) – and their ability to fight pain by acting on specific receptors of the body:
“Previous studies show that cannabinoid CB1 receptors are related to pain relief.”
But the researchers also say they weren’t the first to discover that acupuncture causes an increase in the body’s cannabinoids:
“According to the latest reports in the American journal of Nature Neuroscience, acupuncture has been found to cause the human body to release some natural painkillers.”

The acupuncture points used in the study correspond with human acupoints.
They were, however, the first to explain why. Using rat models of arthritis pain, the researchers found that repeated treatment with electroacupuncture resulted in an increase in cannabinoid receptors in a part of the brain called the striatum.
That’s where it gets complicated, because the striatum is also full of dopamine cells. Previous studies show that marijuana can increase dopamine as well and the current study seemed to confirm this. The researchers found that electroacupuncture also led to an increase in dopamine receptors, but whether dopamine played a part in pain relief was not clear.
Overall, the rats appeared to be in less pain after receiving acupuncture – a treatment that the authors say is endorsed by the World Health Organization (WHO) for over 40 disorders. And if cannabinoids are the reason why acupuncture works for pain, then perhaps it’s time the WHO endorsed marijuana as well.
The study was conducted by researchers at Shanghai Jiao Tong University and funded by grants from the National Basic Research Program of China, National Natural Science Foundation of China , Shanghai Leading Academic Discipline Project, Shanghai Municipal Natural Science Foundation, and Shanghai Famous TCM academic research project.
"