What's new

Are you alleviating Autism with Cannabis?

Captain420

Hydro-Soil,
Thanks for the reply. It looks like you have done some experimentation and have found some things that work fairly well for you. I appreciate your sharing.

As for specifics, I noticed the inclusion of lemon strains--I have had good luck with these as they have the calming feeling I like. Sour Diesel is helpful, too, but it one that absolutely treats me better if it has had a few months to mellow out and cure.

By any chance have you have tried any of the Burmese strains? In my brief experience with them, these sativas were noticeably less psychoactive. I have often thought that one of the Burmese hybrids, like Burmese Kush or maybe Fighting Buddha (burmese X blueberry) would be about ideal for me, combining a little sativa uplift with a bit of indica calming.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Hydro-Soil,
Thanks for the reply. It looks like you have done some experimentation and have found some things that work fairly well for you. I appreciate your sharing.

As for specifics, I noticed the inclusion of lemon strains--I have had good luck with these as they have the calming feeling I like. Sour Diesel is helpful, too, but it one that absolutely treats me better if it has had a few months to mellow out and cure.

By any chance have you have tried any of the Burmese strains? In my brief experience with them, these sativas were noticeably less psychoactive. I have often thought that one of the Burmese hybrids, like Burmese Kush or maybe Fighting Buddha (burmese X blueberry) would be about ideal for me, combining a little sativa uplift with a bit of indica calming.

I have an issue with Indicas so I've mainly been staying away from them. They make my confusion worse too often for me to be able to function consistently. I'm actually pursuing the other route and looking to get some high CBD plants to extract and mix with my other strains. The addition is supposed to knock out the 'high' allowing higher amounts to be ingested.

I've too often run into a strain that medicates well, yet gets me to a non-functional state if I have to heavily medicate for some reason. Let's hope the CBD works the way I've read. :)

Captain420

I have an issue with Indicas so I've mainly been staying away from them. They make my confusion worse too often for me to be able to function consistently. I'm actually pursuing the other route and looking to get some high CBD plants to extract and mix with my other strains. The addition is supposed to knock out the 'high' allowing higher amounts to be ingested.

I've too often run into a strain that medicates well, yet gets me to a non-functional state if I have to heavily medicate for some reason. Let's hope the CBD works the way I've read. :)

Interesting stuff. I have never found a strain that really allowed me to function close to 100%. With that in mind, I have found a meaningful nighttime dose to be best method, as the big tension release managed to last into the next day. Maybe a pure sativa would work for throughout the day? Kind of hard to find pure sativas these days!

Kizzattack

Possibly. A lot of problems I used to have are suppressed by cannabis. I show many signs of having some form of autism but I have never been formally diagnosed. My brother has sever high spectrum autism, which was diagnosed when he was about 4. I would love to try and help him with cannabis, but he cannot give consent himself because his communication skills are too poor, and his carers wouldn't be too pleased.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Maybe a pure sativa would work for throughout the day? Kind of hard to find pure sativas these days!
I'm running Cinderella-99 at the moment as it had the most positive impact on me over anything else I've ever run across.

The key is to maintaining a steady dosage for 3-4 weeks to determine if it's really ok for you. I only had a week smoking C-99 before but it rang my bell like nothing else has in 25+ years. The only thing that comes close are the Sour Diesels and Lemon Skunk as well as an Ice Princess X Sour Diesel cross I have that's excellent 'Up' smoke.

Very upbeat meds here for daytime use. I'm considering letting some of the C-99 run longer (at some point in time) to harvest a deeper, more sedative medicinal quality for nighttime. Until then I just have an indica for that.

Captain420

I'm running Cinderella-99 at the moment as it had the most positive impact on me over anything else I've ever run across.

The key is to maintaining a steady dosage for 3-4 weeks to determine if it's really ok for you. I only had a week smoking C-99 before but it rang my bell like nothing else has in 25+ years. The only thing that comes close are the Sour Diesels and Lemon Skunk as well as an Ice Princess X Sour Diesel cross I have that's excellent 'Up' smoke.

Very upbeat meds here for daytime use. I'm considering letting some of the C-99 run longer (at some point in time) to harvest a deeper, more sedative medicinal quality for nighttime. Until then I just have an indica for that.

Interesting that you are so set on C-99. I am pretty sure I haven't had it, but I do remember a time period was I unaware of my AS, but treating my migraines and was getting Grapefruit. I think Grapefruit is about 75% C-99. And most importantly it did a lot for my less appealing AS symptoms.

BTW, what kind of usage do you see within a month? I think with Grapefruit I'd get great results using only about 3-4 grams on month. Even something like Sour Dez or the lemon strains probably require 2-3 times that much and of course that isn't near as helpful.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
BTW, what kind of usage do you see within a month? I think with Grapefruit I'd get great results using only about 3-4 grams on month. Even something like Sour Dez or the lemon strains probably require 2-3 times that much and of course that isn't near as helpful.
I've been on about half rations for nearly 2 years now. Around an ounce a month through dispensaries.

C-99 definitely has increased medicinal as I've only had a few batloads of the day 32 popcorn and leaf today and I'm peachy. I would say I'll probably use around half to an oz. a month with this.

I have NO idea what dosage the pills will require. Definitely going to add some Princess Diesel since it puts that silly smile on your face no matter what time of day it is. :) 75% cindy 25% PD is my first ratio to shoot for :)

Captain420

I've been on about half rations for nearly 2 years now. Around an ounce a month through dispensaries.

C-99 definitely has increased medicinal as I've only had a few batloads of the day 32 popcorn and leaf today and I'm peachy. I would say I'll probably use around half to an oz. a month with this.

I have NO idea what dosage the pills will require. Definitely going to add some Princess Diesel since it puts that silly smile on your face no matter what time of day it is. :) 75% cindy 25% PD is my first ratio to shoot for :)

Again, more interesting stuff. I did just realize our quantity discussion is apples to oranges, since I vape and I believe you smoke. But I can't help but noting that 1/2-1 oz., particularly since I assume you are getting higher quality stuff in a more med friendly area, is a lot more than I would think I'd need, even with lower efficiency from smoking. How often are you ingesting?

One more thought. Do you have any issues with stereotypical behaviors? And do they respond to MMJ? I forget to mention it earlier, but I find that to be one of my more vexing problems with ASD. Its just feels like I waste a lot of time doing stuff over and over again, kind of like a wind up toy. My best 'treatment' for stereotypical behaviors has been very intense exercise, but the impact is usually short lived and I wouldn't mind have other tools to counter these behaviors.

The Bling

lol eh hydro can cops tell when you lie?

no huh:abduct:

WE ARE NOT THE SAME WE ARE ALIENS

IMAGINE YOUR LIFE ON ACID ALL THE TIME

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
lol eh hydro can cops tell when you lie?

no huh:abduct:

WE ARE NOT THE SAME WE ARE ALIENS

IMAGINE YOUR LIFE ON ACID ALL THE TIME

I wasn't honest for a long time. No, they generally can't tell when I'm lying.
I can also keep my cool with a QP down my shorts while shooting the shit with an officer. Handy talent. :)

Kizzattack

I wasn't honest for a long time. No, they generally can't tell when I'm lying.
I can also keep my cool with a QP down my shorts while shooting the shit with an officer. Handy talent. :)
Haha I have the same talent. I had 1/4 oz in my pocket on a flight from the UK to Italy, the alarm went off and the guy patted me down. I knew I was completely screwed if I was caught, but I smiled, kept my cool and got away with it. Many people I know would have made a run for it in the same situation.

But to quote Spiderman's Dad, "With great power comes great responsibility."

phattybudz

"It was really sad can't believe it's being attributed to the shots that they give us! "

This is false, research has shown that vaccines are not causing higher diagnosis rates. My professors at school attribute the higher diagnosis rates to better and earlier detection and testing, and a broadening of the definition of the disorder.

That's not to say that something in the environment isn't partially to blame, but my opinion (I work in the field,) is that it's probably mostly genetic, and influenced by the environment. I say this because of my interactions with parents; it is very common for one or both of them to be on the spectrum.

The idea of medicating children or adults with autism or asperger's is very exciting to me, as I am always horrified by the plethora of pharmaceuticals they are being fed daily. A small controlled dose of THC IMO would be infinitely more helpful and less damaging than any of those pills.

Captain420

Here are a few autism and cannabis articles from writer and Brown University faculty member Marie Myung-Ok Lee, who has had success helping her 9 year old autistic son.

First, an op-ed, that retreads many things we discuss here at ICMAG: http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jun/07/opinion/oe-lee7

Second, here are a couple of articles featuring her moving description of exactly how MMJ helps her son, kind of a tear jerkers if you ask me!
http://www.doublex.com/section/health-science/why-i-give-my-9-year-old-pot
http://www.doublex.com/section/health-science/why-i-give-my-9-year-old-pot-part-ii?page=0,0

onegreenday

Veteran
I met Ms. Lee at a RIPAC (ripatients.org) meeting in RI and
I wondered if it was helping her child.
Glad 2 find out. thanks.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
"It was really sad can't believe it's being attributed to the shots that they give us! "

This is false, research has shown that vaccines are not causing higher diagnosis rates. My professors at school attribute the higher diagnosis rates to better and earlier detection and testing, and a broadening of the definition of the disorder.
Dunno about that. Have run into a few people that swear they can document the changes in their children after the shots. I would imagine there's a HUGE range of sensitivity that would also depend on prior susceptibility.

All I know for sure is that no one knows for sure and for me there's enough evidence to support the possibility of a causation. That's a good enough reason not to use thimerisol.

onegreenday

Veteran
I noticed a change in my cat after vaccines.
He got real skittish & afraid of noises like they
scared him a lot. a crinkly bag would
jump him out of his skin.

They found some pet vaccines high in mercury.......

Kizzattack

Dunno about that. Have run into a few people that swear they can document the changes in their children after the shots.

I think I've spoken about this before on the forums, but my brother is severely autistic. He became very ill the day after having the MMR vaccine, and gradually his speech deteriorated and his behavior changed. It would appear that the MMR vaccine is responsible, but the evidence suggests otherwise. I'm not sure what to think about it.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I think I've spoken about this before on the forums, but my brother is severely autistic. He became very ill the day after having the MMR vaccine, and gradually his speech deteriorated and his behavior changed. It would appear that the MMR vaccine is responsible, but the evidence suggests otherwise. I'm not sure what to think about it.
Sorry but that's evidence enough for me.

I'm looking forward to running a cancer curing 60g of hemp oil through my system. I know my speech improves dramatically with the proper strain/saturation along with my focus and motivation and well... everything. Sheesh

wilde

Hi!

I'm not yet diagnosed but I'm leaning to ADHD with added autistic characteristics (or maybe its the other way around, my diagnose will tell a assume). I can also attest to sativas helping best and that more indica leaning strains can make things worse and that badly cured indicas being the very worst.

However, the most helpful medication for me is definitely LSD and Mushrooms. After a psychedelic session I enjoy, at the very least, weeks of "normalness", especially on a social level. It both helps me on an intellectual level, understanding the psychology of me and others, and on an emotional level allowing me to have a more unhindered "free flowing" empathy and feel for what behavior suits the moment.

T

texsativa

That's not to say that something in the environment isn't partially to blame, but my opinion (I work in the field,) is that it's probably mostly genetic, and influenced by the environment. I say this because of my interactions with parents; it is very common for one or both of them to be on the spectrum.

The idea of medicating children or adults with autism or asperger's is very exciting to me, as I am always horrified by the plethora of pharmaceuticals they are being fed daily. A small controlled dose of THC IMO would be infinitely more helpful and less damaging than any of those pills.

The vaccine would be environmental. See below.

Humm...evidence...Just like the evidence the government would like you to believe about marijuana, that it is a gateway drug and causes impotence, or that there is no medical benefit and that it should remain schedule 1 instead of listening with reason to the countless pieces of evidence arguing the contrary?

I think the vaccine does play a role. Problem being political. Just think if studies came out saying vaccines do cause autism. Can you imagine the lawsuits?

Does vaccination of the entire population outweigh the risk of a few becoming autistic? For me, no. One is too many.

Latest posts

Latest posts