What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

are they sick?

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
Ok it took 2 hours to me but today i toke them out, i take off the dead/yellow leaves, i watered and toke off all the tyings and i redid them again.

The ph raised again. I water @ 5.5 ph, and got out one at 5.9 the other @ 6.0.

**** why it keeps so high????

:badday: :badday: :badday: :badday: :badday:

Today i used 5 liters, tomorrow i'll use 10.

Anyhow i trimmed a LOT of leaves,

Most of them both were alredy dead trapped inside the canopy or got off with a very slight pull. I toke also some by myself. Very few.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Ya, with you training them and the small amount of space.. it could not have been helped really; cause otherwise your leaves will hide bud sites and you will get small popcorn sized buds... but dude you came along way from one plant to that! Nice job on the greenage!!!

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
This thread is getting very big :D:D:D

Anyhow i came home today, i've been out since the 30th of december....

The soil was dry and infact the ladies drinked a lot... usually i water with 5 liters and i have plenty of runoff... almost half... today i watered with 5 liters and i had neither half a liter of runoff....

The ph was also good... i watered with 5.88 ph and it get out @ 5.92/5.98... it look like the drought helped a lot...

Here some photos:

They grew as CRAZY... **** i'm amazed!!!!!

I found three leaves with nitrogen def... so i raised the amount of canna A+B from 18+18 ml each five liters to 20+20 ml...

Maybe my plants being so big and with 92 w/sqft of light and a fresh supply of CO2 from a trafficated road need more nutrients... wich is the ideal ppm?

I noticed a leaf burned:

In the middle of the photo...

And here one photo from my new seedling:

It looks really healthy and has a VERY strong smell :O:O:O:O

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
The pic with the leaves look rusty, I would not bother with that unless it spreds, cause with you changing over the pH that may have been some damage from the pH adjusting and not being stable... so ignore it unless it keeps spreading to leaves.

They are looking mighty purty though! That seedling you got, is the light to the left side of it? It is supposed to be standing up straight by now......

If the light is to the left move it to where it is directly under the light so it will stand back up straight.

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
MynameStitch said:
The pic with the leaves look rusty, I would not bother with that unless it spreds, cause with you changing over the pH that may have been some damage from the pH adjusting and not being stable... so ignore it unless it keeps spreading to leaves.

OK!!! i thought the same...

That seedling you got, is the light to the left side of it? It is supposed to be standing up straight by now......

If the light is to the left move it to where it is directly under the light so it will stand back up straight.

no it's part of a technique i would call eLST: extreme LST. I lay the small pot horizontally on the soil so the plant will develop not straight... then when i'll trasplant i'll place some wires in the soil to keep the plant that way...

The goal is to distribute better the auxin from the beginning... as you can see the small plant is VERY short... with VERY close internodes...

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
Ok so some updates.... sorry for being late but i had some problems with my pc... my hard disk broke and i can't send it to warranty because it has my plants images on....

Anyhow here some new problems:

The plants stretched too much and got too dense :(:(:(

there was one leaf wich was touching the cooltube... i did the only thing i could: i removed it.... anyhow there are still too many high leaves... what can i do?

One more thing.

My seedling:

As you can see there's one leaf with red dots on it... and the lower ones has sign of burnings... what is it? overfed? but i ferted VERY low....

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Dude, that sucked you can't send it in for warranty..... even if you reformat they still could get stuff off the computer, so I would not try to risk it.

a hundred bucks or a few hundred to pay for another drive is a lot better than paying 1,000's of dollars for attorney fees,jail time and probation crap.

Ya, that is some dense stuff in there, you are going to have to trim and move leaves from them, otherwise the buds under the canopy is not going to get light and you will get underdeveloped buds...... weak potency and such.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Are you using RO water on your seedlings? You using any nutrients yet? You checking the pH?

Looks like either pH or needs some calcium.

No, do not remove stems, just move or remove from leaves from where the buds sites are hiding underneath the leaves, do not remove any stems, you can remove some leaves, but I would try to move as many out of the way as possible.

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
MynameStitch said:
Are you using RO water on your seedlings? You using any nutrients yet? You checking the pH?.

Yeah i just used RO water... i'll add some tap water for the calcium....

Myname "magic" Stitch!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great!!!!!!!!!!

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
some updates. Sorry for being late but i've been especially busy lately.

Now they are 31 days from the 12/12 switch. A bud site stretched too much and touched the cool tube, getting burnt. I cut it and the lower branch seem to keep on growing quite well.

Some photos:

And to finish, another photo of the youngling:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Hey there ya are man! Was wondering where you been :)

Everything looks very good and that plant pic at the bottom looks very happy! congrats very much!

How long you going to let your gals flower?

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
thanxs!!!!

the plants now are @ 32 day from switch... it means the 5th week of flowering...

DP says it takes 8 week, but i read around it's more like 9 week...

I don't want to pick them early because i know the last week it's when they put more weight... i'll pick one when mostly trichs will be amber... the one just above the light... the other one i'll pick a bit later bcuz so i'll have a plant a bit more indica-like...

The problem is: i know when to pick 'em.... but i don't know when to start to flush them...

should i start @ 4 february (7th week)? one week before crop? or should i start to flush later?

I'm afraid i could start to flush too early...

One more thing: PK.
I gave 5 days ago 1/4th of the dose (2.5 ml on 5 liters), half the dose 3 days ago (5 ml on 5 liters), today i'm going to water again. Should i keep on half the dose? full dose? every watering to the crop?

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Ya, those breeders always put short flowering times on there strains, I have no idea when they first count when there strains finish, if they count from day one of 12/12, or they count when they very first see bud sites forming.....

Sometimes strains don't get amber trichs, it all depends on the strain, now most strains do, but they will end up getting what the plant wants to give you....... cloudy/amber or more amber/cloudy

I would flush them when you start to see more cloudy than ambers and wait 2 weeks

I always flush mine for 2 weeks, but with you; you can do that or flush for a week since your in coco.

Yes, keep it the same, they are not showing any problems and is growing very beautifully; don't change anything right now.
THey will show you when they want something very quickly.

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Looks like that top one has a good case of calcium def starting along.....plus it looks like you are really giving the ferts by the look of the tip burn on the leaves.

Are you giving any cal mag? PH okay? Meter calibrated every two weeks?

Last edited:

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
HeadyPete said:
Looks like that top one has a good case of calcium def starting along.....plus it looks like you are really giving the ferts by the look of the tip burn on the leaves.

The burns are older. Now i'm giving 1300 ppm water (raised from 1100 today), and till 7 days ago i was having some NPK def...

Are you giving any cal mag? PH okay? Meter calibrated every two weeks?

Yeah it may be... At the beginning i had a serius excess of calcium because i have 380 ppm tap water... so i started giving just RO water with a very little of tap water...

So you think i'm having a cal def? It really can be possible...

Ph ingoing 5.8, outgoing 5.4. But it's the cannaboost wich lower the ph.

Meter checked. Recalibrated just 2 week ago after 3 months. It's a professional one, so it keep the calibration for long and when it lose it, it tells you.

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Yah, I looked at older pix and the cal def is getting worse now. Your ph needs to come up more.

Calcium needs rise as flowering progresses.