What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

are they sick?

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
MynameStitch said:
blue spectrum tends to keep them a little more squat like you want them to though; so if you want to keep them squat like they are keep the bulb you have now; they will grow taller but not as much as they would if you were using the orange spectrum bulb.

I would add that blue spectrum, espcially UVB and 440 nm of wich my bulb is very rich, promote the production of denser and stronger buds.

Yeah, you lose a bit of yield... But for personal growers the stone is more important than the quantity.

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
Some updates:

I ferted them today, and i found out that the ph raised to 6.7 and 6.4.

So i flushed immediatly and watered again with water @ 5.2

The runoff now is 5.98 ad 6.29

Those ladies are ****ING BIG!!! I won't use again two plants @ time... just one... they are like fighting for space....

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
lol, it will get worse :)

THats why if you can get some pH down it will help stabalize the pH; or you can add some coffee grounds to your coco mixture.....

Coffee grounds are good for plants; but you can't use a lot of it, because it's acidic.

But it will be a lot easier for you to get pH down and add it to your water.

Nice plants btw :)
For your first grow; you are doing an excellent job! feel proud :D

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
MynameStitch said:
lol, it will get worse :)

THats why if you can get some pH down it will help stabalize the pH; or you can add some coffee grounds to your coco mixture.....

Coffee grounds are good for plants; but you can't use a lot of it, because it's acidic.

But it will be a lot easier for you to get pH down and add it to your water.

Nice plants btw :)
For your first grow; you are doing an excellent job! feel proud :D

Thanx :D they are getting bigger by the day :O:O :D:D

i have some General Hydroponics PH down, and also some ph up...

Can you check this?

Is this light burn?

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
i made some photos... i saw something:

This is a lower leaf... it's curled up and has some burns that looks like K def...

And this is some flower... is it a male?

I hope it isn't :(:(:(:(

:badday: :badday: :badday: :badday:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
The first pic you posted is that of the upper canopy? if so move the light up a bit there is some cupping so it's getting some hot spots; as for the pic with the lower part of the leaves.... has to be from pH flucuations.. fix the pH first before you do anything else and GH ph down is perfect; use that to fix your problem; when you add nutrients check the pH to make sure it's in the range of your soil pH; if not you can add pH down; but I am sure it will be fine; so only use the pH down when you water with no nutrients.......

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
sorry for not being here for a while but i've been busy for holydays :D:D:D

yesterday i watered and the ph went to 5.81 and 5.89.

Today it was to 6.2 and 6.3 :(:(

I take back to 6.01 and 6.12, tomorrow when i'll have more water i'll bring again to 5.8.

Why my ph swing so much? :(:(:(

Anyhow i pulled some leaves, some of themewere of lighter green, almost yellow, and give me NO resistance while i pulled... almost like they were waiting to be pulled off.... Is this a def??? :(

Here's some photos of the leaves i take away yesterday:

Here's one of today

Immediatly they went in my wormcompost :D:D

Here some topview of a just trained plant:

A global view:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Those yellow leaves where did you pull those from? did they come from the lower part of the plant?

Considering the fact it's LST I can't tell from the aerial view what is lower part and what is top part...... If they were easy to be pulled and they are yellow; then you got a nitrogen deficiency; that happens in flowering; how many days into flowering are you?

how many more days do you have left before you harvest?
If it's to early for your plants to be showing this problem; give them 1/2 grow ferts with your bloom ferts; like 1 tsp per gallon of grow ferts

5 ml per 4 l of water...... or 2.5 ml of grow per 4 liters of water

Last edited:

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
MynameStitch said:
Those yellow leaves where did you pull those from? did they come from the lower part of the plant?

Yeah they are from the lower part.

I think the same: i have burned them when they were young twice, and i have flushed a lot to stabilize the Ph.
I think that with the new 400 W i have to raise the nutrients, to AT least 1000 ppm. Now i'm going around 600-700 ppms....

I switched to 12/12 the 17th of december, counting one week from switch to the start of flowering, they are at the third day of flowering... How can i tell for sure?

Here's some moro photos of leaves i pulled today:

This is especially clear:

The yellowing starts from the inner part of the leaf anf go towards the outer part...
It's curled... but it can be due to mechanical stress, it's very crowded down there... :D:D:D

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Ya, considering you flushed them a lot; you washed out a lot of stored nutrients and nutrients that was left in the coco; you caused an early deficiency that should not be happening; so by supplying them a grow fert from now on; up to 2 weeks before harvest will stop the leaves from yellowing anymore. That is another reason why it's using the nutrients from the leaves that is not getting enough light; the plant knows this and removed stored nutrients from the leaves to other parts of the plant that will use it more.

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
MynameStitch said:
how many more days do you have left before you harvest?
If it's to early for your plants to be showing this problem; give them 1/2 grow ferts with your bloom ferts; like 1 tsp per gallon of grow ferts

5 ml per 4 l of water...... or 2.5 ml of grow per 4 liters of water

I don't have different nutrients for bloom or veg... Canna make one base nutrient for the whole cycle... and then specific products for bloom and flowering... like root hormones for early veg, cannazymes for the whole cycle, and a bloom stimulator and P/K for flowering.

I simply have to raise the ppms up to 1000 ppm at least... maybe also the bloom stimulator i gave produced an extra consuption of N

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
MynameStitch said:
Ya, considering you flushed them a lot; you washed out a lot of stored nutrients and nutrients that was left in the coco; you caused an early deficiency that should not be happening; so by supplying them a grow fert from now on; up to 2 weeks before harvest will stop the leaves from yellowing anymore. That is another reason why it's using the nutrients from the leaves that is not getting enough light; the plant knows this and removed stored nutrients from the leaves to other parts of the plant that will use it more.

how manyh ppms should i gave them?

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just a Q...i woz looking in what medium you are growing ...but still did't found it on page 4..so i better ask...i suppose coco?

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
Core said:
just a Q...i woz looking in what medium you are growing ...but still did't found it on page 4..so i better ask...i suppose coco?

yeah sure :D:D

feel free to ask any question, i'm glad that people get intersted in my grow :D:D

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Ok, since your using canna; normally they are perfect with there feeding; so your pH had to be off locking out nutrients..... keep the pH balance first and keep feeding the same you are now..... nitrogen was being locked out and with all the flushing you did it flushed out other nutrients too.

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
MynameStitch said:
Ok, since your using canna; normally they are perfect with there feeding; so your pH had to be off locking out nutrients..... keep the pH balance first and keep feeding the same you are now..... nitrogen was being locked out and with all the flushing you did it flushed out other nutrients too.

Ok. I raised just a bit but the ph raised again. Of 0.1, but raised :(

Now the ph is 6.0 for both :(

Tomorrow i'll water with 5.6 water, i hope i'll fix it definetly.

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
Sometimes it takes a little time depending on how alkaline or acidic it is; which ever you add the other has to be a bit stronger to control the pH; so if you have mostly alkaline mixture; in order to balance the pH the acidic has to be stronger than the alkaline; which means you need to add a little more to ensure it stays that way... if you add just enough to keep the pH stable; eventually the alkaline will take over the pH will raise.

With the 0.1 I would not worry about it; it's more like 0.3 and higher you wan to worry about.

Last edited:

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
ok, today the out ph was 5.9 and 6.0

I watered @ 5.6. I'm warried about hurting my plants, i think that tomorrow FOR REAL i ought to lower my watering ph to 5.4.

Anyhow in those two days it looks like the growth of my plants exploded:

They were really waiting for some N, or maybe it's the switch to flower?

Some more photos:

Here my new seedling :D:D at the fifth day of life :D:D

Last edited:

MynameStitch

Dr. Doolittle
Mentor
Veteran
aww, always good to see some nice new seedlings just starting it's new life :yes:

How long they been in flowering? Wel they get that explosive burst in the first week and 2 weeks of flowering, but in order to get that they need ideal growing conditions and that includes pH! So your pH is correct and the plants are liking it :)

gramsci.antonio

Veteran
Ok it took 2 hours to me but today i toke them out, i take off the dead/yellow leaves, i watered and toke off all the tyings and i redid them again.

The ph raised again. I water @ 5.5 ph, and got out one at 5.9 the other @ 6.0.

**** why it keeps so high????

:badday: :badday: :badday: :badday: :badday:

Today i used 5 liters, tomorrow i'll use 10.

Anyhow i trimmed a LOT of leaves,

Most of them both were alredy dead trapped inside the canopy or got off with a very slight pull. I toke also some by myself. Very few.

Latest posts

Latest posts