What's new

Are there "Extinct" strains?

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Landing Zone and Marbled White are no-more,, as far as we know :no:

Many landrace cultigens are also now extinct ,, directly because the DEA , CIA or some other backward-party sprayed painted all the local crops with weed-killer or worse!

If humans are directly connected to plants,, then seed stocks should be the most valuable thing we hold!

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
theoretically, any species that has been in exsistance for thousands of years has to have lost a true soldier here and there along the way....

BudZad7

Merry Christmas 2009!!

Merry Christmas 2009!!

Hi All!:santa1: Late 60's Texas Giggle weed could not stop grinning....
Oaxacan out of body experience.....1978......have a pic of it outside,
and during harvest time, the plant had a flourecent glow for a 2 day period......read articles about strains that have a glow period during
harvest time....Truly GODS plant!!! SSSC had a strain in the 86,87 catalog Heavenly High a Texas Legend....does anyone know of this
strain and who was the breeder???? This is a pic of Afghan Heaven::
day 25 in flower.....

Attachments

• 100_3972.jpg
    100_3972.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 17

hansNfrans

hmmmm...

hmmmm...

i heard orange crush was extinct, but from recent knowledge, i think it may be coming back by popular demand. i know someone who has some og (supposible) orange crush seeds from way back in the day, he has grown out a few and released the end result to a select few in my region (east coast) i found seeds in the bags as he said he pollinated to produce seeds to have a long time of growing of this strain. From the posts and threads i've read on orange crush, they all describe the bud i had to a T! ill keep posted on this as i grow out the 14 seeds i found from a 1/2oz and i will confirm wether or not i fully believe these are true genetics or another hyped up fake name put on some great bud. cheers, happy holidays everyone!:xmasnut::xmastree:

hansNfrans

also the grower i got this bud from is an old head, and supposibly brought these genetics from the west coast in the early-mid 90's. but until i know for sure, i will have my doubts hahahahahahaha

South_Am_fan

Extinction and rarety of landraces

Extinction and rarety of landraces

High!

Since I am a South American strain fan, I was able to gather some interesting strains. Long live to pure lineage!

I have :

Hawaiian Sativa x Equador Sativa (Federation seeds)
Colombian Red Haze= Colombian Red x Neville's Haze (Seedsman)
A gift from a friend: pure Jamaican LambsBread. 60 seeds dating back 25 years and still sprouting.

My own breeds
Jamaican LambsBread x (Dutch Treat x N.L.) = Grape Jam
(Hawaiian Sativa x Equador Sativa) x pure Morrocan hash plant

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
rare Moños Rojos de Bogotá (1995)
n+4 seeds sent to colombian friends 15 years later! :jump:

mrx.jpg

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Anybody still growing Capt. Crips Blueberry. Damn I miss that weed. Fun high, good yielder, and beautiful to look at.

GreatLakes THC :joint:

Latest posts

Latest posts