What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Are the varieties of the new school so bad?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Things change and young people want to like something different to the previous generation... and the older generation likes to look down on and disapprove of what the kids like ! - just as the kids don't want the oldies to like or approve of their choices or culture.

You guys might just as easily be talking about clothes, language, moral values or music.

VG

X

xavier7995

I think there's plenty to like from both New and old. I do agree quite a few of the newer varieties seem really similar to one another in effect, also that the highs are short and one dimensional. They taste great, yield well, are easy to grow etc.

Older weed had much longer lasting highs that felt more fun and while you had to smoke more, you could get higher than modern types. I do think a big part of that is nostalgia though, set and setting type stuff. 20 years ago you were 20 years younger and less experienced/jaded. Still looking for something that can make me laugh again, does anyone get the giggles anymore from anything out there?

Why not try mixing the new with the old and then taking it out a few generations to get something with the high you want that performs like modern stuff. I do think something has been lost as the same building blocks keep getting used, but eh, you can't really control what the masses want.

Chi13

ICMag Donor

Latest posts

Latest posts