What's new

Are Organics people more snobby than other Potheads ?

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Grat3fulh3ad said:
The very fact that the discussion has gone from discussing the uppity attitude of organic growers, to organic growers touting the evils of inorganic nutes and the superiority of their methods fairly demonstrates their perception that they are "better"....

This was not a discussion about "the uppity attitude of organic growers", it was a thread posing the question "are organic growers snobs?" It was a terrible and projecting title in the first place and wasn't even making any absolute statements.

As for attitude GH, you have shown you can run with the best of them, that's for sure...... Your zeal to take on all comers and defend your methods has come off the most uppity and defensive of them all.....:badday:

The first post:

greenhead said:
I don't have any stake in the whole organics vs. chems discussion. I could care less, since I use a combination of the two.

Why is it that I catch a certain vibe from some people whenever I read the organics forum ? As if they're members of a religious cult, with some of them bordering on the fanatical in their faith.

Is it just me ? I think not.

:joint: :wave:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
LMFAO... uppity... Nope, I'm not the one claiming to have a superior method or that I'm better in any way... Where did I ever imply that anyone else's methods were inferior or that mine are superior... I have only defended against others 'proofs' that their methods are better and their reasons make them morally superior or that my methods make me morally inferior... The gist of what I've said the whole time is grow what you like... I'm just sick of people passing out misleading propaganda about hydroponic nutrients... My zeal is for accuracy and truth, not for promoting any method...

Bottom line, Organics growers are always claiming either the higher moral ground or claiming superior quality.... Always coming across like their way is inherently better... I have only said it is not any better, and have not put down organics heads or their methods in any way unless to show how it was no better or worse than my methods...

Last edited:
Grateful dead, I see this argument so many times.

Just because somebody offers you their piece of mind doesn't mean it is a personal attack. In many cases the person is just trying to bring about positive change, the way they see it. Usually, this isn't about being superior or not. I sure don't care about my "status" in the world of gardening. What I do care about is the environment and I feel it is my responsibility to tell others my evidence, and why they should consider changing their methods.

It is in no way a personal attack, or a claim of superiority. Everybody has opinions on matters, and reasons as to why they are right. That does not mean they will necessarily be closed to all discussion. This is how it should be. See what I'm sayin, man?

Peace

greenhead

Veteran
LiveGiveTryDie said:
What I do care about is the environment and I feel it is my responsibility to tell others my evidence, and why they should consider changing their methods.
?

Peace

And that's what I was trying to say earlier. A religious missionary feels the same way, going around trying to spread their beliefs and attempting to convert people to their way, because that person feels so strongly that "their" way is the only right way.

At least the organic growers aren't blowing themselves up yet, like certain other religious people, so that's a plus at least.

Is that not what *everybody* does in their particular interest in life, to some extent?

Why is this accepted in politics, and not here, for example?

The answer is that these beliefs you are posing, greenhead, are based off stigmas attached to organic gardening.

Just because one disseminates information to a crowd that is involved with gardening does not necessarily mean they are 'pushing it' on anyone, or forcing anyone to listen.

They are offering their views. I think it gets muttled because people look at the organic argument as a political argument, get offended, etc etc.

This is the same as any other method of disseminating info. The thing is, it impacts people so strongly that often emotions arise that muttle the debate.

That's how I see it, at least.

Later!

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Grat3fulh3ad said:
Bottom line, Organics growers are always claiming either the higher moral ground or claiming superior quality.... Always coming across like their way is inherently better... I have only said it is not any better, and have not put down organics heads or their methods in any way unless to show how it was no better or worse than my methods...

Where?

Show me.

That is quite an absolute statement, one I can guarantee is false. I never did anything of the sort to anyone. Some may, all do not.

You sound like you have a persecution complex.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
HeadyPete said:
Where?

Show me.

That is quite an absolute statement, one I can guarantee is false. I never did anything of the sort to anyone. Some may, all do not.

You sound like you have a persecution complex.
I'm obviously not talking about every organic grower...
Anyone with any sense knows there are no absolutes, and no blanket statements that can cover every member of a demographic...

There are plenty of organic heads out there with enough sense to have a fairly balanced view of reality and don't fall into the generalization I made... Crazy Composer, and Dignan are two that jump to mind rapidly...

But... I'd be willing to bet anything that if you polled all of the organics growers, and asked them if their product is superior because they use organics, or asked them if they thought they are doing a better job morally than hydro growers... then the vast majority answer is yes...

I'm not trying to claim any 'moral high ground' and I'm not trying to say my methods make the plant do things better... All I've ever said is that my methods give me much more control and flexibility while maintaining a level of quality which is at least the equal of any other herb I've smoked... and that I do my best to use them in a responsible manner which minimizes environmental impact...

I don't have any complexes, alot organic growers just love to bash inorganic growers and I just get sick of the bullshit...

Compare how many threads there are in the organics forum bashing hydro growing vs. the number of threads in the hydro forum doing the reverse...

Compare the number of comments like "EEeewww, you use GH for personal headies" with the number of comments saying "EEewww, you prefer herb grown in feces"...

Are organic growers snobbier than their inorganic counterparts?
Not all of them, but quite obviously alot of them...

Grat3fulh3ad said:
I don't have any complexes, alot organic growers just love to bash inorganic growers and I just get sick of the bullshit...
Do you mind showing us some examples of bashing inorganic growers in this thread?
Thanks
:joint:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
LiveGiveTryDie said:
Do you mind showing us some examples of bashing inorganic growers in this thread?
Thanks
:joint:
I don't have to... this is a thread about what already occurs, not a compilation of evidence... Go read all the threads here in the organics forum, you'll find plenty... Am I the only one here who's seen the many organic vs. chem threads?

Last edited:
S

strain_searcher

Grat3 you are too funny. You are the MASTERdeBATER. Some people think if they have a vast vocabulary they can belittle others.Grat3 write a book or something. Obviously the person who started this thread must have had an argument with an organic grower. This is really the first time I ever heard about organic growers in negative way. If there were to be a thread called " are hydro growers more snobby" I could only imagine the amount of pages that would be posted. This is just another avenue for people who like to argue . Picking on organic growers is such a joke. Picking on non organic growers would also be a huge joke.

greenhead

Veteran
strain_searcher said:
Obviously the person who started this thread must have had an argument with an organic grower.

Nope, I don't recall even posting on the organics forum. I've just lurked there a few times and am merely passing along my observations. There is some good info there for sure, in between the baloney, lol.

Grat3fulh3ad said:
I don't have to... this is a thread about what already occurs, not a compilation of evidence... Go read all the threads here in the organics forum, you'll find plenty... Am I the only one here who's seen the many organic vs. chem threads?
I suggested showing us because everyone's definition of "bashing" is different with regard to this topic I believe. I wanted to see what you considered to be bashing.

Last edited:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Here's an example, though the thread it was in got binned, and I can't remember the exact quote... I'll put my paraphrase of it in "double quotes" and the actual words he posted in 'single quotes'....

" 'Any asshole can use lucas formula to grow good' cannabis, but it takes real knowledge and talent to grow organically..."

There are plenty more examples which haven't made the bin, and some more examples which did end up binned or locked... but that one is a prime example of what I am talking about, since it illustrated both angles of snobbiness (putting down another and promoting ones own way as superior or as requiring superior skill), AND since it was posted up by a moderator and thus is viewed as an example or precedent by alot of newer members...

Grat3fulh3ad said:
Here's an example, though the thread it was in got binned, and I can't remember the exact quote... I'll put my paraphrase of it in "double quotes" and the actual words he posted in 'single quotes'....

" 'Any asshole can use lucas formula to grow good' cannabis, but it takes real knowledge and talent to grow organically..."

There are plenty more examples which haven't made the bin, and some more examples which did end up binned or locked... but that one is a prime example of what I am talking about, since it illustrated both angles of snobbiness (putting down another and promoting ones own way as superior or as requiring superior skill), AND since it was posted up by a moderator and thus is viewed as an example or precedent by alot of newer members...
Ok, thanks. I do agree that that statement is pretty rudely stated!

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
Found it... locked not binned.... Plenty of examples of people talking bullshit and lauding organic growing

Here are some:

"Hydro is idot proof, any asshole can follow a Luca Formula and get a great crop, if you use RO water in ANY hydro system with AN or GH and boosters.
Organics requires a little more skill IMHO, it takes more knowledge about what does what, how and why.
This is why hydro on the whole seems to yield more, because the average grower can measure and adjust the medium and system alot quicker and easier.
It's like comparing making a cake from scratch or using a Betty Crocker mix, someone who can't cook will moan that a box cake tastes better."

and

"well, i dont much care if synthetic yields more because synthetics are full of nasty shit that i wont let any of my plants get touched by! even if it did yield more, is it worth your health? and the health of everything around you? i dont think so.."

I've got other things to do, or I'd search for more...

Last edited:
Uh oh, Suby, you've been called out!

Please report to the principal's office before lunchtime for a discussion of polite discourse!

Hehehehe =)

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
And yes, years of hearing the same ole bs have probably made me a bit oversensitive on the issue and have definitely run me short of patience...

I wish I knew how to link stuff.

I've followed EVERY post in this thread, and have to agree with about 99% of what Gh has stated. The essence of what he has stated does not seem offensive, ignorant or argumentative, in fact to me it sounds quite unbiased.

If you guys and gals cannot see that 3/5 of organic growers DO ride a high horse, than good luck with the global warming thing;)

PS: My regards to the remaining 2/5!

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
This is a very funny subject. My opinion is that you'll get great herb both ways, or any way, if you know how to grow. Very simple. It's all about the vibes brothers and sisters. :smile:

S

strain_searcher

I see some points of organic growers making some ridiculous comments.

If you think that is bad we should quote the breeders that sell their seeds talk about snobby. There are too many to list LOL. Also the comments and belittling in the hydro forums, infirmary forums ect... No matter what or how you grow there are going to be mr. know it alls that put down one another. Weed sites in general house alot of moody people but I also find my finest friends here that are mellow, straight forward and honest . They also dont participate in any bashing threads and lay low.

Farmer John I am with you on that