What's new

Are Bubble Bags really made from Goretex?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Teeg420

well i should reiterate what im saying is that if the bags fail you in an unreasonable manner. They are replaceable and guaranteed.
If you trash them with an outboard motor or never put them away dry and let them go moldy> thats on you.
I have used this method of guarantee for almost ten years now and it always seems to work out.
If the bags are failing you in anyway that is on US. we guarantee replacement.
that goes for bubblebox's and bubblenow's as well.

Bubble man

Thats why I have always believed in the saying "you get what you pay for."
Thanks again bubbleman i love my bubble bags. :yeahthats

bubbleman

Veteran
I am definitly not open to any legal repercussions from dondi's website. i can tell you that much.. As for bubblebags costing 5 bucks a bag...
maybe if your making a much lower quality bag.. but if your buying high end polyethelene screen out of switzerland flying it to nepal along with your nylon you're buying in South east asia , and flying that to nepal> And then flying it all into canada where they take 7.5% for gst right at the door before i sell one single bag.> that doesnt include the cost i have to pay for the broker to get it cleared from customs.. nor does it cover my overheads of paying a manager a shipping agent, and several sales people Here in vancouver.
I am by no means ripping anyone off as you would imply with a 5$ bag selling for 60$.
However i am offering a high quality product to a community of people who have from day one LOVED it.
Thus teeg420's and many other's constant thank you's

I would also add that the higherquality/ higher priced bags that bubblebags are have opened up a place in the market for all the lower quality bag companies to survive in> Because yes not everyone wants the Highest end product they can get...

My two cents..
Bubble man

Ps thank you Teeg420... am always happy to share the message with folks

Vorsprung

I am definitly not open to any legal repercussions from dondi's website. i can tell you that much.. As for bubblebags costing 5 bucks a bag...
maybe if your making a much lower quality bag.. but if your buying high end polyethelene screen out of switzerland flying it to nepal along with your nylon you're buying in South east asia , and flying that to nepal> And then flying it all into canada where they take 7.5% for gst right at the door before i sell one single bag.> that doesnt include the cost i have to pay for the broker to get it cleared from customs.. nor does it cover my overheads of paying a manager a shipping agent, and several sales people Here in vancouver.
I am by no means ripping anyone off as you would imply with a 5$ bag selling for 60$.
However i am offering a high quality product to a community of people who have from day one LOVED it.
Thus teeg420's and many other's constant thank you's

I would also add that the higherquality/ higher priced bags that bubblebags are have opened up a place in the market for all the lower quality bag companies to survive in> Because yes not everyone wants the Highest end product they can get...

Sounds very inefficient. Why would you source the materials from two completely different locations and have them assembled in a third location to be shipped to a fourth? You need a supply chain and logistics consultant. I'm sure Switzerland isn't the only source for Nitex mesh and SE Asia not the only source for PU coat 1680D (and you might want to talk to your supplier..it's just an 'okay' 1680..nothing spectacular). Why Nepal? If it's to support their local economy -- that I can get on board with. And you really air-freighting this stuff everywhere or is 'flying it' a euphamism? Container shipping via rail or OTR too slow?

People want the highest quality for the best possible price. There are limits to both function(quality) and affordability(price willing to pay). What would you do if someone came on the market with a bag of higher quality than yours for 1/3 the price? Lower your price? Fix your manufacturing inefficiencies to remain competitive in a crowded market? That one dude on ebay calling himself 'bubblebagdude' is selling over 60 sets of 5bag/5gallon A MONTH! And that's just the one item/configuration! And trust me, I KNOW they are SHIT -- I mean.that ebay guys bags are PVC coated and he's calling it medical grade!! It makes Dondi look like a saint for accidentally thinking your bags are goretex. Who the hell wants PVC shavings in their hash?? The mesh is horrible too - no doubt yours are worth 4x as much.. the problem is HIS aren't worth the $80 he's selling them for, either. The cost basis on his bag is less than $2.50. You really should get after him you have 'Bubble bag' trademarked, right? Enforce that ish!

Oh.. and I got a response in less than 30 minutes from Dondi - why is it so hard for you to get in touch? On a positive note, your distributor is providing excellent customer service.

dondi.jpg

Vorsprung

Thats why I have always believed in the saying "you get what you pay for."
Thanks again bubbleman i love my bubble bags. :yeahthats

So if you got the same or better quality for 1/3 the price, what would you call that -- getting MORE than you paid for?

bubbleman

Veteran
Don't worry about my source methods or why i choose the countries i do. Trust me i have my reasons.
As for my efficiencies maybe you would like to produce something of a higher quality for a third of the price
if so i applaud you and wish you luck in the market place...
Im sure many would be excited to purchase your superior more efficient product at a 1/3rd the price of mine.

As for dondi. .i sent him a few msn msgs and only just a bit ago sent him an email...
Will let you know on the timing it takes him to get back to me if your really interested

Bubble man

Vorsprung

Don't worry about my source methods or why i choose the countries i do. Trust me i have my reasons.
As for my efficiencies maybe you would like to produce something of a higher quality for a third of the price
if so i applaud you and wish you luck in the market place...
Im sure many would be excited to purchase your superior more efficient product at a 1/3rd the price of mine.

As for dondi. .i sent him a few msn msgs and only just a bit ago sent him an email...
Will let you know on the timing it takes him to get back to me if your really interested

Bubble man

Sorry I'm just so heavily involved in global mfg, sourcing and inventory management that I couldn't help myself... alarm bells were ringing WHAT WHY?? in my head it's an ingrained reaction at this point for any inefficient supply/logistics chains I come across.

Thanks for the vote of confidence it might not be a bad idea to put my resources to work.. then you can just buy me out..LOL.. :wave: One thing.. you mention polyethylene-nitex. 'Nitex' is a polyamide.. so which is it? PA1000 or PET1500 (pssst... Switzerland is the HQ but they have factories in Nepal, too! Might save you some shipping!)

But in all seriousness.. you really should get after 'bubble bag dude' on Ebay. You have a trademark, a solid undeniable name.. and others are profiting from it... that is even less cool than obscene profit.

20north

isnt everyone over reactling a little bit ive never seen them being sold saying they are made of gortex........... ever thought maybe the person who was editing the website made a typo and doesnt have anything to do with bubble bags besides maybe a typo

i think people need to step back a second and think of how wonderful it is to have people who sell these bags to the public in the first place..... i think they are doing you a favor on just offering it

Vorsprung

isnt everyone over reactling a little bit ive never seen them being sold saying they are made of gortex........... ever thought maybe the person who was editing the website made a typo and doesnt have anything to do with bubble bags besides maybe a typo

i think people need to step back a second and think of how wonderful it is to have people who sell these bags to the public in the first place..... i think they are doing you a favor on just offering it

20north.. as the consumer, it is YOU who is doing a favor to the company by purchasing their product!!

And it's Bubble Man's direct distributor in Australia that has the information on his website: http://www.bubblebag-australia.net/faq.html#faq3

That would be like a Ford dealership telling you the new Mustang has all carbon fiber body panels and you buying it because of that awesome detail... Ford themselves didn't misrepresent but that dealer is a 'representative' of the company, and should represent the product accordingly.

Vorsprung

LOL Bubble Man you really gotta get after 'bubble bag dude' on Ebay.. I just received some bags from him (to satisfy curiosities) and he's including YOUR 8-STEP INSTRUCTIONS printout from YOUR WEBSITE of YOUR INSTRUCTIONS (he is kind enough to black out 'Bubble Bag' logo on all the bags on step 1).

Bubble Bags is a trademark of your company, Fresh Headies, right?

Bubble Bags are your brand of ice water extraction bags. This guy calls himself 'Bubble Bag Dude' (using your trademark) and has the balls to printout YOUR instructions and include them.

Is there a reason you haven't pursued this? If I end up pursuing manufacture can I call my bags Bubble Bags?

C

Chamba

Vorsprung : it certainly sounds like you got what you paid for! ...let's hope those rip-off clone bags last longer than five or ten minutes.

as you know, the retail cost of an item is directly related to the cost to produce that item.....if that copy item is for example half the price of the original, then you can be sure that you are getting lowest cost materials, sub-par workmanship with little or no attention to detail

once you saw the direct copy of Bubbleman's instructions you should of sent them back with a spit of contempt and demanded a full refund.

Vorsprung

Vorsprung : it certainly sounds like you got what you paid for! ...let's hope those rip-off clone bags last longer than five or ten minutes.

as you know, the retail cost of an item is directly related to the cost to produce that item.....if that copy item is for example half the price of the original, then you can be sure that you are getting lowest cost materials, sub-par workmanship with little or no attention to detail

once you saw the direct copy of Bubbleman's instructions you should of sent them back with a spit of contempt and demanded a full refund.

No.. I didn't get what I paid for. I got three $2.50(cost) bags for $60. That is 8x markup. Assuming Bubble Bags cost $5 (assumption.. don't get panties in a bunch..) then bubble bags operate at 7x markup.

Given the small market size (I mean.. Bubble Bags and Ebay Bags and Payload and all others combined) probably isn't more than 500 sets (5-8 bag 5 gallon as the example) sets sold worldwide per month. I may be wrong..but that's a fair estimate. That's not a big market.

I'm just saying take away the Goretex, take away the 'Nitex' (nitex really? polyamide is more sensitive to moisture absorbtion than polyethylene.. why nitex???? I think Bubble Bags just like to be associated with 'ex'). Take all that away and it's just a nylon bag w/ a screen. It can be sold for 7x markup or 3x markup.. who's going to be the first to sell for 3x markup?

zeddius2

No.. I didn't get what I paid for. I got three $2.50(cost) bags for $60. That is 8x markup. Assuming Bubble Bags cost $5 (assumption.. don't get panties in a bunch..) then bubble bags operate at 7x markup.

Given the small market size (I mean.. Bubble Bags and Ebay Bags and Payload and all others combined) probably isn't more than 500 sets (5-8 bag 5 gallon as the example) sets sold worldwide per month. I may be wrong..but that's a fair estimate. That's not a big market.

I'm just saying take away the Goretex, take away the 'Nitex' (nitex really? polyamide is more sensitive to moisture absorbtion than polyethylene.. why nitex???? I think Bubble Bags just like to be associated with 'ex'). Take all that away and it's just a nylon bag w/ a screen. It can be sold for 7x markup or 3x markup.. who's going to be the first to sell for 3x markup?

agreed. this->"the retail cost of an item is directly related to the cost to produce that item" just isn't true.

C

Chamba

who's going to be the first to sell for 3x markup?

you of course!

but before you do also take into consideration all the different costs involved that make up a retail price : the taxes, labor costs, transport, profit, advertising, time, guarantees, answering emails, office costs, accountant. THC Expo trade show costs etc etc

..and if imported you run the real risk of Govt seizure at ports and shipments with sub-par quality. Ebay or PayPal could freeze/seize your money etc etc.

...and also keep in mind that producing, promoting, importing or selling hash making equipment in the USA is illegal according to the DEA and is punishable under Drug Paraphernalia laws, the maximum sentence is 3 years.....a 16 year old could buy your bags over the net, get caught being stupid and then you would be headlines and wearing an orange jump suit every day for a long long time

are you still wondering why there aren't $7.50 bags for sale?

if selling hash making equipment or any paraphernalia used for smoking was legal, the cost of these items would drop considerably as everyone would be offering their own set of bags, pipes or grinders without the risk of jail or seizure.

why not develop a unique and innovative ice water filtering system?..as there's too many cheapo sets of bags crowding the market already

Dianamite

Hi Guys,

As the manager here at Bubblebag.com and Freshheadies.com I just want to clarify:

1. Yes we stand behind our bags and will replace any that are defective no matter how old they are.
2. To receive replacements, DO NOT send us used bags! I don't think I need to explain why shipping used bags across the border is a Very Bad Idea... simply call us at 1-866-635-8464 - usually we request a digital photo to see what the problem is, and then we will send out replacement bag(s).

I will be following up with the ebay seller(s) who are using our registered trademark to sell their counterfeit products, thank you for pointing that out. It's an ongoing problem for us - we don't want our good name tarnished by people selling inferior bags. We believe that the quality of our bags speaks for itself.

There will always be a cheaper option, for those who are more concerned with price than quality. If you want to use a cheap silkscreen or a coffee filter, some people apparently find them adequate, but we think our 8 bag kits are a far superior choice - the European screens are top quality, medical grade heat stamped monofilament.

Diana

Vorsprung

but before you do also take into consideration all the different costs involved that make up a retail price : the taxes, labor costs, transport, profit, advertising, time, guarantees, answering emails, office costs, accountant. THC Expo trade show costs etc etc

..and if imported you run the real risk of Govt seizure at ports and shipments with sub-par quality. Ebay or PayPal could freeze/seize your money etc etc.

...and also keep in mind that producing, promoting, importing or selling hash making equipment in the USA is illegal according to the DEA and is punishable under Drug Paraphernalia laws, the maximum sentence is 3 years.....a 16 year old could buy your bags over the net, get caught being stupid and then you would be headlines and wearing an orange jump suit every day for a long long time

are you still wondering why there aren't $7.50 bags for sale?

if selling hash making equipment or any paraphernalia used for smoking was legal, the cost of these items would drop considerably as everyone would be offering their own set of bags, pipes or grinders without the risk of jail or seizure.

This is no fortune 500 market..a garage and computer is all that is needed. Word of mouth is free and quality/price ratio rules all. ISO9001 mfg facility backs quality 100%. Price/quality talks and bullshit walks.

Better get jeff bezos in the orange jumpsuit -- he sells tons of marijuana cultivation guides on his 'amazon.com'. Better get HTG Supply and every other hydro shop owner in jail.. they sell one HPS light to some 16 year old kid caught growing - boom orange jump suit, right Chamba?

These are multi-purpose filtration bags. Just as Fresh Headies has a disclaimer of 'not responsible for illegal use' (although the full melt forums seem to say otherwise...) no vendor can be responsible for use. Laws vary too much state to state (medical, etc) and country to country. In this economy as long as it's a legit business and taxes are paid I think any tax revenue is welcome... these are nylon bags with screens. Nothing more, nothing less, with many uses (the uses, not the bags themselves are what's illegal). They make great fuel filters, wine filters (sediment), it's a damn filter. Filter whatever you wish - it's up to you but no recommendations expressed or implied.

I don't operate based on fear. I operate on the fact when I see things are wrong I want to fix them.

Vorsprung

the European screens are top quality, medical grade heat stamped monofilament.

Diana

Hey Diana can you confirm if your screens are polyamide(nylon) or polyethylene mono filament?

Bubble Man said the screens are Nitex which is a polyamide, but polyamides have a higher moisture absorbtion rates that can affect micron pore size.

Thanks!

C

Chamba

Vorsprung you've certainly done your homework

I can see it now, a half page High Times advertisement "Introducing Vorsprung Bubble Bags!"

you are bit late for the party, as the bottom end of the bag market seems crowded but best of luck!

Vorsprung

Vorsprung you've certainly done your homework

I can see it now, a half page High Times advertisement "Introducing Vorsprung Bubble Bags!"

you are bit late for the party, as the bottom end of the bag market seems crowded but best of luck!

LOL.. no advertising budget man.. and my garage is running out of space... can't even park my car...LOL

Like you said though, I've done my homework -- if I were to ever enter the market it would definitely not be at the bottom end. The pricing would be less than the bottom end and the quality equivalent or higher than Bubble Bags.

Wouldn't do it to get rich.. just to offer a quality product at a fair price. Don't want to bite Bubble Bag market share - you guys got the name and 10 years of providing very high quality bags...I wouldn't be looking for customers capable and willing to pay $50/bag.. more like $15/bag for the same quality. I just hate seeing the Ebay buyers dealing with PVC and fabric mesh.. they deserve real Bubble Bag quality at that $75 price point....

You'll be the first to get my Sprung Bags vs. Bubble Bags material and quality comparison, OK? LOL I'm not a dick I wouldn't bite the 'bubble' trademark in any way shape form.. that's lowball. It would have been like Bubble Man calling his bags Xtractor bags.. not cool -right? I can't PM but Diana or Bman if you want to PM me an email address I'll forward the Ebay seller 'bubble bag dude' contact information so you can have your lawyers send a letter.

Vengaza

lol good read

Vor im surprised you didn't bring up the extra $$$ they slap on for the portable washing machine...$170 for something you could grab for $19.99

IME Payload > all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts