What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aqua 12 site ebb and flow system

Please explain the b and c type breaker. I am an electrician and have never heard of such.

Type B devices are generally suitable for domestic applications. They may also be used in light commercial applications where switching surges are low or non-existent.
Type C devices are the normal choice for commercial and industrial applications where fluorescent lighting, motors etc. are in use.
Type D devices have more limited applications, normally in industrial use where high inrush currents may be expected. Examples include large battery charging systems, winding motors, transformers, X-ray machines and some types of discharge lighting.

http://www.voltimum.co.uk/articles/selecting-right-mcb-its-easy-bcd

Peace
BL

Badfishy1

Type B devices are generally suitable for domestic applications. They may also be used in light commercial applications where switching surges are low or non-existent.
Type C devices are the normal choice for commercial and industrial applications where fluorescent lighting, motors etc. are in use.
Type D devices have more limited applications, normally in industrial use where high inrush currents may be expected. Examples include large battery charging systems, winding motors, transformers, X-ray machines and some types of discharge lighting.

https://www.voltimum.co.uk/articles/selecting-right-mcb-its-easy-bcd

Peace
BL

Thanks bud. UK product explains reasoning

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Ahhhh the good ol' fam member is a general contractor... yes you theoretically CAN change to a larger breaker.... however the WIRE size determines breaker size. Since the wire size isn't getting any larger, the larger breaker will only push more amperage through the wire and become a major fire hazard. So yes it WILL work, but now you have pretty well insured a fire hazard.

That's why I didn't change to a larger amp breaker just for that reason. I just kept it at the 20a the way it was.

MrMMJ

Nice bud shots gg1, looks like you've got a handle on it.:tiphat:

Badfish, the double thin "creates" two circuits, as I said, where there was one. It doesn't also run the wire for you......
It was stated as ONE possible remedy, this one being if the panel (or sub panel) being used is full with no spare slots. (which is typical in most residential housing) If close enough to the device needing power, simply cutting-in or surface mounting a single-gang at the panel is easy. If not, fishing a new run can also sometimes be easy too, though I've crawled thru too many 120°attics and too many critter infested crawl spaces to say that's the norm. But if ya need it........
My (the) point is each of the devices GG1 listed (ac, dehuey), should be on separate isolated circuits, especially when being used to maintain a growroom.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Nice bud shots gg1, looks like you've got a handle on it.:tiphat:

Badfish, the double thin "creates" two circuits, as I said, where there was one. It doesn't also run the wire for you......
It was stated as ONE possible remedy, this one being if the panel (or sub panel) being used is full with no spare slots. (which is typical in most residential housing) If close enough to the device needing power, simply cutting-in or surface mounting a single-gang at the panel is easy. If not, fishing a new run can also sometimes be easy too, though I've crawled thru too many 120°attics and too many critter infested crawl spaces to say that's the norm. But if ya need it........
My (the) point is each of the devices GG1 listed (ac, dehuey), should be on separate isolated circuits, especially when being used to maintain a growroom.

I'm not sure if everyone missed it. But I have both of them on different circuits from day one. Have not had an issue 42 days in until I leave town. This same thing happened to me some years back. Had a nice big plant I was using for my mother plant finally sent it into flower in the backyard. Went to the zoo for the day and stayed away the night. With over a 100 degrees with no water for the day all the buds were crispy. So it seems to me I can't leave the house during flower for a day even.

MrMMJ

Ya, it's Murphys Law in action man, I seem to never have problems until I leave too.....got back from driving up to Bend, OR. for my grandsons high school graduation to find a failed timer on a top fed table with some dried up plants today. They're just about to be flipped, looks like they'll still be OK. I try to use systems that can make it at least a few days despite any equipment failure.

I understood your situation from your first response concerning your electric troubles, my response was to help BF understand mine. ( I put in 13+ years in the trade, quit in '93 after winning the bid on a PG&E sub-station here in NorCal to go hit the road trucking for the next 10 years.)
When I say certain devices should be on an isolated, or dedicated circuit, that means nothing on that breaker but the one device. This may be overkill depending on the size/draw of the device, but I'm not giving general advice here, this is advice for growroom use. Things like redundancy, back-up systems, on-hand replacement devices, passive wicking, self top-off rez's go a long way towards reducing the stress/risk of being away. ( a lot of these concepts are forced upon one when running a grow in a garage outside Houston while mostly being out on the road truckin' !)

Good luck, keep up the great work !

P.S: Wire size is only one factor that determines breaker size....it can also be/is based on wire material, the coating material and thickness, intended use, location, etc....if you do have any questions about your electric, please feel free to ask.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
How much longer do you expect those strains to go?

I only have ogre og growing now. It says 8 to 9 weeks of flower. Trichs are still clear. I have to get my memory card back for my cam so I can see on the computer bigger so I can tell. My eye sight with one of those loop magnifying glass I can't tell.

MrMMJ

Ya, I don't like loop's too much myself. I prefer the small handheld 60x/100x microscopes. Been thinking of getting the type with a USB cord lately......

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Ya, I don't like loop's too much myself. I prefer the small handheld 60x/100x microscopes. Been thinking of getting the type with a USB cord lately......

What I usually do is take it with a slr camera. And then look at it on the computer that way you can zoom in on it. My eye sight isn't the best so I can see clear up close.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
I am on day 57 of flower.

Here is what they are looking like now. I know I haven't posted pics in a few I was just disappointed with the issue I had and had to chop down a little early. I will be happy when these are done and I can start the next round.

Attachments

• IMG_0983.jpg
    IMG_0983.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0984.jpg
    IMG_0984.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0985.jpg
    IMG_0985.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 9

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Here is a couple of pics from when the light went out.

Attachments

• IMG_0986.jpg
    IMG_0986.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0987.jpg
    IMG_0987.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 10

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Here is a photo I tried to take through a loop magnifying glass. But it is hard to tell it looks like some of them are milky.

Attachments

• IMG_0997.jpg
    IMG_0997.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0991.jpg
    IMG_0991.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 10

MrMMJ

The lights out pic's look good! Been waiting for those...:tiphat:
You're right, it's hard to tell thru the loop, but they do appear to be clouding up.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Ok here is a couple of pics with the lights off. I think I am at 62 days of flower. I haven't checked. Also I am still needing to figure out how much longer they need. I need to get a better loop magnifying glass.

Attachments

• IMG_1003.jpg
    IMG_1003.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1006.jpg
    IMG_1006.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1004.jpg
    IMG_1004.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 7

MrMMJ

That's a good looking strain. When dealing with a new one, I like to take a small amount off during what seems like the "early" window, the bulk when I think it's ready, and save a little to go long. I think the $20 pocket size 30x/60x microscopes give a much better view than my loop.

MrMMJ

Hey gg1, just wanted to say I respect your posting thru the tough times, thats admirable and helps others learn. Good luck with the next one! Smoke report ?

Latest posts

Latest posts