What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aqua 12 site ebb and flow system

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Did a water change out after the 2 weeks. Now I am running pk 13/14 for a week then I will do another water change out. This is where things start to get expensive when you have to spend almost 80 dollars a liter of a couple of the nutrient additives. Oh well I think it is all worth it.

Attachments

• IMG_0794.jpg
    IMG_0794.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 8

MrMMJ

Ya,gotcha. I originally saw your question and responded to it in method187's thread about 6" rockwool. Seemed off topic there....maybe a mis-post?

It was a couple years ago when the night vision lights on my security cameras kept a plant from flowering in my greenhouse. Had me stumped for a while ! My camera's used an array of 830nm LED's from what I remember researching at the time. I believe there's more than one type of system out there for achieving night vision, so maybe not all cameras would have the same effect as mine did?

Respect your hard work on the grow and the thread, keep it up, looking good ! MrM

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Ya,gotcha. I originally saw your question and responded to it in method187's thread about 6" rockwool. Seemed off topic there....maybe a mis-post?

It was a couple years ago when the night vision lights on my security cameras kept a plant from flowering in my greenhouse. Had me stumped for a while ! My camera's used an array of 830nm LED's from what I remember researching at the time. I believe there's more than one type of system out there for achieving night vision, so maybe not all cameras would have the same effect as mine did?

Respect your hard work on the grow and the thread, keep it up, looking good ! MrM

I am not even going to take a chance. I have been turning it off every time the light goes out. I do not want to take any chances.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Ok end of day 16 of flower. Did a water change out added some pk 13/14 to the nutrient solution. I will run that for a week and do another water change out. I have to take the pk 13/14 out after a week.

Attachments

• IMG_0796.jpg
    IMG_0796.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 15

MrMMJ

Good call on turning the cams off. Definitely not worth the risk. Worked out OK for me, the one plant affected vegged so long it turned into a 9lb monster ( luckily plenty of room in a 100' greenhouse):woohoo:
I'm running a 12 site e&f now set in a straight line 32' long against one wall in my GH. All AC/DC strain, 4+ feet tall, week 4 of flower, and look good. They've been fed NOTHING other than calcinit and jacks hydro 5-12-26 ( two dry powders) starting at 600ppm and peaking now at 850/900 ppm's (.5 scale). Last 2 weeks I drop down to 200ppm to flush.No res change-outs, little ,if any, PH adjusters. Occasionally I will foliar spray silica( pro-tekt ), or mag (Epsom salt) during flower depending on strain, and compost teas on vegger's. For the cost of one "magic in a bottle", I take 200+ plants thru a full cycle with great results. To me, your plants look good, but would be even better at lower feed levels. E&F buckets can be great, but must be dialed in just right for your particular situation to not fail miserably. Mine were given to me by a friend who couldn't get it right, so I've played with them a bit, but after this run with them I'll be converting them into a PPK style utilizing the bottom buckets only to experiment with next. Root clogging is a problem with e&f buckets, so length of veg time is critical. I tried something different this run to prevent that, so we'll see how it goes and will report back.
Are you using any airstones?

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Good call on turning the cams off. Definitely not worth the risk. Worked out OK for me, the one plant affected vegged so long it turned into a 9lb monster ( luckily plenty of room in a 100' greenhouse):woohoo:
I'm running a 12 site e&f now set in a straight line 32' long against one wall in my GH. All AC/DC strain, 4+ feet tall, week 4 of flower, and look good. They've been fed NOTHING other than calcinit and jacks hydro 5-12-26 ( two dry powders) starting at 600ppm and peaking now at 850/900 ppm's (.5 scale). Last 2 weeks I drop down to 200ppm to flush.No res change-outs, little ,if any, PH adjusters. Occasionally I will foliar spray silica( pro-tekt ), or mag (Epsom salt) during flower depending on strain, and compost teas on vegger's. For the cost of one "magic in a bottle", I take 200+ plants thru a full cycle with great results. To me, your plants look good, but would be even better at lower feed levels. E&F buckets can be great, but must be dialed in just right for your particular situation to not fail miserably. Mine were given to me by a friend who couldn't get it right, so I've played with them a bit, but after this run with them I'll be converting them into a PPK style utilizing the bottom buckets only to experiment with next. Root clogging is a problem with e&f buckets, so length of veg time is critical. I tried something different this run to prevent that, so we'll see how it goes and will report back.
Are you using any airstones?

No I am not using any airstones. I have a pump circulating in the res 24/7. That way nothing is sitting still. I want constant movement. I heard you don't need air stones. But that is hear say. You know how that goes. I guess being my first go at it I have many things to learn on an ebb and flow set up. So far knock on wood things have been going good.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Here is the end of day 17 of flower. Ph. Is at 5.6 water temp is at 71 degrees. I pulled my next round of clones. I am going to just run one strain next time. I am picking the best looking most compact and most internodes. So next run I am going to do all ogre og.

Attachments

• IMG_0802.jpg
    IMG_0802.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0803.jpg
    IMG_0803.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 8

MrMMJ

Lookin' good, great numbers! The guy I got my buckets from had tried putting stones in the bottom buckets, got too much root growth and lots of clogs...
The only time I pump air is in brewing compost teas. I think forcing air ( mainly nitrogen, some O2, CO2, argon, etc.) thru a nutrient solution creates too much PH swing. Better to circulate the res as you're doing. A small pump, run intermittently, is all that's needed. Too big/on 24-7 just overheats the solution.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Lookin' good, great numbers! The guy I got my buckets from had tried putting stones in the bottom buckets, got too much root growth and lots of clogs...
The only time I pump air is in brewing compost teas. I think forcing air ( mainly nitrogen, some O2, CO2, argon, etc.) thru a nutrient solution creates too much PH swing. Better to circulate the res as you're doing. A small pump, run intermittently, is all that's needed. Too big/on 24-7 just overheats the solution.

It's a small recirculating pump it isn't going to create that much heat. My water temps are pretty good.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Alright here is a shot of the clones I took. Now I just have to wait till they root. Then I can start getting the new ones underway.

Attachments

• IMG_0804.jpg
    IMG_0804.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 13

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
End of day 18 of flower. Things are really starting to get crystals going. I can definitely see a difference from a couple of days. I am procrastinating about putting the netting up. I need to do that sooner rather then later. I am starting to get a little smell going on. But that is to be expected. I just wonder how much longer it will be before there is a bunch of smell. Although I have the solution already for that I was being pro active. Lol.

Now running pk 13/14 it says I am only suppose to use it for a week. Has anyone had any experience with canna nutrients. I need to know if I have to do a res change out after running it for the week like it states. But we all know how that goes. I just want to maximize my yield and no screw anything up. I am new with this line of nutrients but so far I like the results. It just some of the additives are a little costly. But it is well worth it is the outcome is good.

Attachments

• IMG_0810.jpg
    IMG_0810.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0809.jpg
    IMG_0809.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 13

MrMMJ

I'm aware of the theory that, due to the same hormone that triggers bud development also promoting root growth, one can get faster rooting clones by taking them in early flower. Is this why yours are? Or did it just work out that way? I take mine (when not coming from a mother) from sets of plants that are 1 week from flip, giving the donor plants time to recover from the shock, begin sending more growth hormones to the remaining tops, and hit flower at full vigor. I would worry about creating herms/mutations/stunted plants thru reversing their hormonal make-up. I've taken flowering clones in the past out of necessity. Some went fine, others, although quickly rooted, took forever to regain their vigorous growth. Topping and cloning 24 gg#4 today myself, will take at least 48 cuts and stick'em in an aero cloner, then keep and veg the best 24 after rooted, good to always have extra and be able to select out the best, most vigorous examples of a strain. (looks like you only took 12?)
Are all 12 plants showing the upward leaf curl, or just certain strains? What EC are you at now? Can't help with the Canna line, but will say I've always heard good stuff about their quality. My wife actually met the owner on her trip last year to the Netherlands! ( goes every year to visit family, flying out this thursday to Eindhoven for a month stay. We're in NorCal)
Enjoy the aromas, lookin' good :laughing:

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
I'm aware of the theory that, due to the same hormone that triggers bud development also promoting root growth, one can get faster rooting clones by taking them in early flower. Is this why yours are? Or did it just work out that way? I take mine (when not coming from a mother) from sets of plants that are 1 week from flip, giving the donor plants time to recover from the shock, begin sending more growth hormones to the remaining tops, and hit flower at full vigor. I would worry about creating herms/mutations/stunted plants thru reversing their hormonal make-up. I've taken flowering clones in the past out of necessity. Some went fine, others, although quickly rooted, took forever to regain their vigorous growth. Topping and cloning 24 gg#4 today myself, will take at least 48 cuts and stick'em in an aero cloner, then keep and veg the best 24 after rooted, good to always have extra and be able to select out the best, most vigorous examples of a strain. (looks like you only took 12?)
Are all 12 plants showing the upward leaf curl, or just certain strains? What EC are you at now? Can't help with the Canna line, but will say I've always heard good stuff about their quality. My wife actually met the owner on her trip last year to the Netherlands! ( goes every year to visit family, flying out this thursday to Eindhoven for a month stay. We're in NorCal)
Enjoy the aromas, lookin' good :laughing:

I hope I didn't do anything to mess stuff up. I wasn't going to do clones but I figured I better that way I don't have to pay next time. And I can have the best producer out of all of them. I hope the clones I took will work out. We will see. I have never taken any that far into flower like I said I was procrastinating and hopefully I don't pay for it. I am sure I will get the weird growth on the re veg.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Here is the end of day 19 of flower. It is amazing how the days go by so fast. My ph is at 5.6. I am going to let the ph swing up. Water temp is right about 70 degrees.

Attachments

• IMG_0814.jpg
    IMG_0814.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 13

MrMMJ

They should be fine, and usually are, but just take a little longer to get vigorous. Should root quickly though !

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
Veteran
Yeah- they'll appear quite whacky for a time but they should root for sure.

If you're set on doing the canna profile to a T then yes, you should probably reboot the rez. I don't remember you changing the rez at all on this run. If you can get away with 1 reboot on a whole cycle, you're doing pretty good. We've all seen people around here who never change their rez's and still come out on top consistently.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Yeah- they'll appear quite whacky for a time but they should root for sure.

If you're set on doing the canna profile to a T then yes, you should probably reboot the rez. I don't remember you changing the rez at all on this run. If you can get away with 1 reboot on a whole cycle, you're doing pretty good. We've all seen people around here who never change their rez's and still come out on top consistently.

I already did 2 water changes. First one after 2 weeks of flower. Then after the res. Change out then I added pk 13/14 and it says you are only suppose to run that for on week so I am suppose to do another water change out after a week.

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
End of day 20 of flower.
Ph. 5.6
Water temp is at 70 degrees.
Things are looking good.
Starting to get fatter.

Attachments

• IMG_0817.jpg
    IMG_0817.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0818.jpg
    IMG_0818.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0819.jpg
    IMG_0819.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 8

MrMMJ

Definitely seein' the plump coming on....lots of thrichs far out on the fans, looks nice ! It'd be cool to see a pic with a normal low watt light on instead of the HPS.....

Ganjagrower1

T5-1000W
Veteran
Definitely seein' the plump coming on....lots of thrichs far out on the fans, looks nice ! It'd be cool to see a pic with a normal low watt light on instead of the HPS.....

Yeah I am surprised at the amount they are at with only 21 days so far. Looking good and the smell is starting to fill the room.