What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

April 2012 Grow of the Month!

April 2012 Grow of the Month!

• Farmhouse Cat's Heath inspired test prototype

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • HGO's Vertical Coco RTW Grow With 2 Stacked 600's

Votes: 14 11.3%
  • VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187 watt LED - Organic Modular ScrOG

Votes: 34 27.4%
  • Sunka's Jack O' Nesia

Votes: 12 9.7%
  • Tonatiuhs 8K Dreamquest

Votes: 48 38.7%
  • Not sure/Can't decide

Votes: 8 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Skip

Veteran
IC Mag has just launched a new contest, Grow of the Month!

Here are the nominees for the first contest. These nominees were selected by our moderators based upon the following criteria, which we hope you will also use to judge the best of the grows:

It must be a grow completed during the prior month.

It should be well documented with photos from each stage of growth.

Harvested pics should be included - doesn't need to be cured.

Other factors to consider:

• The quality of the information in the report.
  • The frequency and presentation of updates (weekly updates?).
  • The quality of multimedia (photos/video) macros etc.
  • The design setup explained, DIY details can make for a really great thread.
  • Unique setup and design.
  • The amount of interest in the grow.
  • Strain review.
  • Smoke report.
  • Replying to all questions on the thread.
  • The end result, quality of the harvest.
These are the criteria to be used to judge a grow journal. So it's NOT JUST THE END RESULT, nor is it based solely upon how the plants look, how big they are, how well they smoke. It's about how well the grower did documenting the grow and other factors like innovation or responding to questions.

The idea is to encourage ppl to better document their grows, not just to reward the best looking buds...although I would expect every nominee to have done the best with their situation and genetics.

So let's see what you folks think are the best documented grows.

Please take some time and check out each one. Our members put lots of effort into documenting their grows and our mods reviewed many grows to come up with these nominees. You may already be familiar with one or more of these that represent the kind of indepth grow info you can find on IC Mag.

Last edited:

Skip

Veteran
The nominees:
Farmhouse Cat's Heath inspired test prototype by ...submitted by HGO.

He started it over a year ago but it's packed full of great content all around. He just finished his most recent grow a week ago.
HGO's Vertical Coco RTW Grow With 2 Stacked 600's. Submitted by Hammerhead

I like this one. Good info. nice and clean. Good comunication with everyone.
VerdantGreen's Quarters - 187 watt LED - Organic Modular ScrOG Nominated by GanjaHasi.

I nominated this thread because of its innovative (LED) and informative(organic, scrog) content. VG has done a great work on documenting-presenting his work and his contributions are definitely an asset for our community.
Jack O' Nesia by Sunka, submitted by HGO

A quality report from a member that does nothing but post up top class information.
Tonatiuhs 8K Dreamquest, nominated by Hammerhead

This shows the grow room well. Pics of the plants at various stages. Good communication answers questions that are asked..
So please vote for the grow report/thread/journal you think is best!

Prizes:
HGO is providing t-shirts for the winners of our Grow of the Month!

NEW PRIZE!
Seedbay/Seedboutique are kicking in $100 worth of any genetics on either website to the winner! - Thank You Guys! :)

Last edited:

Skip

Veteran
Sorry but only mods can nominate. You're welcome to bring any grow to the attention of a mod, but to force everyone to look at dozens of grows just to vote on the nominations is way too much to ask.

Mods ensure that the grows are qualified and the growers want their grows nominated.

I went with HGO,just because that thread and a few others converted me to coco and vert lightning. Both have worked out big time for me. VG's thread is awesome and inspirational in it's own right. Really a testament to the fact that limited space does not make you ANY less of a grower!

šunka-maslo

Duv' conoisseur^^
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ohh didn' t see that before...Thanks a lot for the nom HGO mate, very appreciated:tiphat:

But i cant compet amongst the other growers on this one héhé:biggrin:

Best vibes to all!!

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
Almost missed this one :p
+1 for VerdantGreen
All of his grow threads are very informative and really nicely presented.

:tiphat::ying::cathug:

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thank you for the support,and for noticing my thread..:respect:

thanks for the nom HAMMERHEAD. :joint:

good luck to everyone.

peace-T-

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
going w/ homie Tona.............much respect to the other contestant's.....

Hundred Gram Oz

Our Work is Never Over
Veteran
I went with HGO,just because that thread and a few others converted me to coco and vert lightning. Both have worked out big time for me. VG's thread is awesome and inspirational in it's own right. Really a testament to the fact that limited space does not make you ANY less of a grower!

Hi spiral, thank you for the compliments. I'm very happy when I hear back from others that have decided to give my way of growing a whirl, if there is anything that you need help with or if you want to pick my brain then please feel free to pm me, I'd only be too glad to help out a fellow grower :thumbsup:

Ohh didn' t see that before...Thanks a lot for the nom HGO mate, very appreciated:tiphat:

But i cant compet amongst the other growers on this one héhé:biggrin:

Best vibes to all!!

Your very welcome Sunka, thank you for all your excellent contributions to ICM.

I'm so happy to see GOTM out in public forum, this is an exciting new feature for all of us. I will be donating nice ICM tee shirts for the winners, all in varying sizes and colours, they will also include Grow of the Month Winner printed.

Best of luck to everyone and a big thank you to Hammerhead who though my thread good enough to nominate, thanks man.

Take Care All
HGO

Hi spiral, thank you for the compliments. I'm very happy when I hear back from others that have decided to give my way of growing a whirl, if there is anything that you need help with or if you want to pick my brain then please feel free to pm me, I'd only be too glad to help out a fellow grower :thumbsup:

No,man. Thank YOU!
I digested your thread, then AOD's, then mega's,then bobble's etc.

Finished my last run of soil, flipped my light around,tied some nets to my walls,read head goes coco and off I was.

Now 13 weeks later I have two tents full of the best(and some of the biggest) buds I've ever grown. FIRST TIME. Once I get nutes,training and defoliating worked out...sky's the limit.
I'll never revert,ever...:thank you:

I'll keep your offer in mind,I'm always learning something new over in the vert sub. Oh,and GL with the poll,you already know you have my vote.

ROOTWISE

Veteran
You know I love ya with my vote Tona! All the noms look good but I've been following Tona for a couple few years now, love your work man- hope you get some much deserved recognition...

RW

:tiphat:

Oregonism

Haven't voted yet, because I am still reading, but this thread rocks!!! There are few of us still, that don't necessarily like the easy way and want to learn the hard way!

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
All the grows nominated are Top Shelf Grow Threads :good:
But I can only choose 1, so I go with ol mate Tona, his thread constantly leaves my jaw bouncing off the ground when I roll through :jawdrop: :bigeye:
Major Respect for all nominated

Skip

Veteran
NEW PRIZE!
Seedbay/Seedboutique are kicking in $100 worth of any genetics on either website to the winner! - Thank You Guys! :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts