What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Appalachian Mud Squid

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Got around to another update. Thanks for the continued interest ya'll :yes:

Today is day 51 of flower

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

800px-Squidbillies-Krystal.jpg

H&L

Definitely has a hazy look to it. I never ran those Appy x SSH beans but gave them to a few people, I'm sure some were grown in Colorado....

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Today is Day 60 for the old mud squid. Not long now, maybe another week? Here she is at day 60,

picture.php

picture.php

After ya'lls recommendations and looking at pictures of SSH I'd say I have to agree with you guys. Definitely looks like some SSH. Pics of SSH.

SuperSilverHaze.jpg

Growing-Super-silver-haze.jpeg

I guess I can't be 100% certain about it but I would like to think that if somebody across the internet is searching about the Appalachian Mud Squid strain they can be pretty sure that it's (Appalachia x Super Silver Haze) Maybe only the Cuylers will ever know for sure.

$T2eC16dHJHEE9ny2sql7BQ2-4H7o9!~~60_58.JPG

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Last night was the last day for ol' Appalachian Mud Squid. I took her down at day 76 of flower. Typically I can't imagine that this strain would have taken this long but I might have fed too much Nitrogen too late in flower which likely prolonged flower time. In any case here she is and after it is trimmed and dried I will probably put up one last dried and cured shot. Thanks everybody for sticking around the whole time, helping me research what the strain was, and giving me feedback. :yes:

picture.php

picture.php

Sheriff.png

Heusinomics

Excilent grow whoDat!

Thanks for posting up your results!
Iv run a hand full o the KarmaKlones along w many others form shops around Denver ,and I can surly say that Karmacuticals is the best clone shop in co!

I was woundering if you could coment briefly about the smell and or taste if the squid?..
Does it smell like a tres dog/green crack cross? Any chem funk or sandalwood &lemon pine from a haze?.. You did a fantastic job, I jst wish we had smellovisoin!

jd4083

Veteran
Appalachia has had my eye for a minute now...never had the tres dawg but I have a ton of experience with and love for the green crack famous around here. this Appalachian Mud Squid looks awesome, here's hoping it stretches out this way :tiphat: I'm in the blue ridge mtns myself... shoutout to my Appalachian brethren on here!

The Revolution

Veteran
Very nice, Anyone have any guesses? It has some characteristics of the GC, but Im not seeing the big bulbous calyx that i recall when I grew mine out. It looks like a lot of skunks Ive grown.. Are you going ot keep her around? A smoke report coming?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Excilent grow whoDat!

Thanks for posting up your results!
Iv run a hand full o the KarmaKlones along w many others form shops around Denver ,and I can surly say that Karmacuticals is the best clone shop in co!

I was woundering if you could coment briefly about the smell and or taste if the squid?..
Does it smell like a tres dog/green crack cross? Any chem funk or sandalwood &lemon pine from a haze?.. You did a fantastic job, I jst wish we had smellovisoin!
Reference the links below to my grow reports.

Appalachia has had my eye for a minute now...never had the tres dawg but I have a ton of experience with and love for the green crack famous around here. this Appalachian Mud Squid looks awesome, here's hoping it stretches out this way :tiphat: I'm in the blue ridge mtns myself... shoutout to my Appalachian brethren on here!
I hail from WNC, colorado now though of course

Very nice, Anyone have any guesses? It has some characteristics of the GC, but Im not seeing the big bulbous calyx that i recall when I grew mine out. It looks like a lot of skunks Ive grown.. Are you going ot keep her around? A smoke report coming?
Did you read any of my posts at all? Haha.

Let's see if he's got any left after 2 years.......??
I think the cut is still floating around Denver

https://www.icmag.com/modules/ICStrainguide/index.php?eop=mystrains&username=who dat is

The Revolution

Veteran
I read all of the post but just realized this thread was from 2 years ago bud. U said it was called Appalachian mud squid, but werent 100% if it was appalachian or appy hybrid? Or did u confirm is was the appy x SSH?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Definitely has a hazy look to it. I never ran those Appy x SSH beans but gave them to a few people, I'm sure some were grown in Colorado....

I read all of the post but just realized this thread was from 2 years ago bud. U said it was called Appalachian mud squid, but werent 100% if it was appalachian or appy hybrid? Or did u confirm is was the appy x SSH?

The first quote is from High & Lonesome, the one who bred the prospective cross and also one of the breeders for Appalachia. I can't be 100% positive but am reasonably sure it is the App x SSH cross. I wasn't blown away by the plant on any one count but I will say that it was a terrific all around girl. Very easy to grow, easy to clone, very hardy and not finicky, good yielder. I wouldn't be knocking down doors to get the cut again but I have nothing bad to say about it. I encourage any interested in it to pursue picking it up and growing it out. :yes:

whodoneit

I work for karmaceuticals

I work for karmaceuticals

This is a very interesting thred. I wish I had some more information as well as knew more about the app mud squid. It is my favorite strain at work. Also I vaguely rember it's Chemy/lemonpine notes from where I grew up in Appalachian trail north east area. I can almost be sure its not changed since we had it. Also we have a strain called early cuyler. It has a hazy smell not impressive at all. Rumor has it we got the seeds from a guy who was originally from Mississippi and the seeds came from there. Not sure how true this is.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Any chance Appalachian Mud Squid is just something from the early releases of Silver Mountain? Same prospective genetics...

silvermountain-bodhi__94319_zoom.jpg

Last edited:

OlDirtyHuman

I think they just had the description as green crack x tres dawg x Appalachian. So they probably got it from this thread.

Latest posts

Latest posts