What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Appalachian Mud Squid

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I'm not sure about the bushiness. What you see is what I know. I have 3 cuts of it and this is the farthest I've seen them along. They have certainly caught their stride and are really reaching for the sky. The internodal spacing is really sativa-ey. It looks lanky. They all look so happy too though. I'm hoping that it's just a renamed Appalachia but only time will tell.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Finally got everything on 12/12. Here is one on day 2 of flower. Anybody have any new input? Thanks! :yes:

picture.php

picture.php

l.jpg

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Cool man! I'll be tagged along. Did you get the clones as "Appalachia" or "Appalachian Mud Squid"? I have some Tres Dawg beans myself so I'm interested in anything it's touched..

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
The clones were labeled as Appalachian Mud Squid but I'm guessing it's just Appalachia renamed, or at least hoping. I'll be taking pictures of it's progress every so often in the hopes that somebody will recognize it.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Interesting! Loving that structure man, looks like a vigorous beast.. Bushy as hell.

I really like the structure too. I don't think it's nearly as bushy as you think it might be though. The structure lends itself to having minimal larf. I haven't grown it yet but it looks like it's going to be nice main colas with minimal scruff going on. Maybe my opinion is skewed though because I have a couple of flavors going right now. Here is what the left side of my room is looking like right now,

picture.php

weed tangents

Last edited:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Appalachian Mud Squid Day 13 of Flower - For scale I could give those top two fan leaves a high five and they would be the same size as my hand.

picture.php

Granny_Cuyler_by_bedpan3.jpg

:yes:

Last edited:

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
I was told it is very good grass and that "I'd see... but not for long."

H&L

Then why does JJ from Topdawg say he created it?

I'd love to see a link. I know the farmer has a sticky from a third party listing it as "Top Dawg Family" or something.

I've known JJ for a long while. He is an honest dude and would not claim something for his own if it was not.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
Bodhi has been working with it

and there was a list I saw that looked great, but it also said most will go in the fridge for testing

so who knows when, but we can at least hope it is sooner than later

S4703W

I found a heavily appalachian leaning pheno in bodhi's tiger's milk, fantastic. It was a twin of a short squat thick stemmed perfumey smelling male. She started off with only a single paper thin cotyledon leaf, but after the male was binned i just left her in the soil and threw her back in veg. low and behold she grew up and she's now my strongest cloner, vegger and one of my better yielders. The taste and effect are divine, but as i believe motaco was saying is theres a tolerance build up and the effect only lasts about 1.5 to 2hrs for me. the taste seems to change for me all through cure but i'll sum it up as sweet and sour earthy goodness (some days in the vape i can taste sage, cedar, green tea, wine grapes, green apples and others i can't identify). The effect is a great equilibrium of oldschool indica and skunk/sativa effects with major hunger guaranteed, nothin sends me to the kitchen like this stuff. Many thanks H&L and Bodhi for makin this stuff, much respect.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Saw this picture of the same cut I have, grown out.

Appalachian Mud Squid
386006_10151399781681159_479302364_n.jpg

:chin:

Here's mine at day 24

picture.php

Lil.jpg

Last edited: