What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Apollo Mist by Reservoir Seeds...

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Me again :D

Just noticed what you posted about your yield :yoinks:

Are growing in hydro? Can't believe you got nearly 3 ounces per plant! I must be doing something wrong :badday:

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
organic soil for this one Alex -F...I was impressed with the yeild of the kali pheno as well. 3 ounces in a 2 gallon container is phenominal imo :)

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Wow that's crazy stuff :yoinks:

Did you do a grow thread? Don't wanna ruin your smoke report with 100s of questions :wink:

2 Gallons is around 6ltrs I think :chin: I whent for 6ltr pots with the AM too due too lack of space, but only got around 40-50g per plant afaik. I only have a 400w hps though so it might be because I don't have that great penatration.

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
dont worry bout the thread...this thread is devoted to talk about the apollo mist, so this is definately relevent info :)

Pot size depends on the plant size...the 2 gallon pot worked for me, but your situation could be totally different. I guess the moral of the story is that there is a heavy yielding kali pheno in the AM...but in my opinion, the smaller pheno is more desirable smoke. I will post up a smoke report on her soon.

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Yea thinking about it I must say that AM is a good yielder. The missus has gotton sick of the taste now so it doesn't really matter anymore, we'll be gifting the rest to a friend soon :chin:

foxygrower

Sunny you gonna finish this thread off :D? Or at least let us see some more pics!

Apollo Mist on the left

Yes, a BIG yielder!

FG

raygun

Nice report Sunny! I too have grown out the Apollos Mist and got 2 distinct phenos. One seems to lean towards the a-11 side being more compact with less smell but more visable trics. The other is a more fruity smelling large foxtail buding plant. I received many tall boy sized buds from the 2nd Kali pheno.
I Agree with you on the stone not to heavy but not amild stone by any means. The tast is like you said nothing to write homw about but just there.

Just wanted to add some more evidence to this wonderful strain.
Not to :hijacked: you thread so here is a link to my grow thread if anyone is interested. 400 watts Bio-bucket cab.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=17536

Great report again Sunny! :wave:

~raygun~

Last edited:

foxygrower

Wow raygun your Apollo Mist look nothing like mine! Here is my Tallest, heaviest pheno. Still curing but the smell is great and a real soaring high.

FG

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
Apollo Mist by Reservoir Seeds...the indica pheno

Apollo Mist by Reservoir Seeds...the indica pheno

This report is on the second phenotype of Apollo Mist by Reservoir Seeds. This phenotype is indica dominant and is nothing like the first phenotype that was reported on. Her leaves were of a richer, darker green.. but not necessarily wider. Her appearance reminds me alot of the pictures I remember seeing for the reclining buddha strain, with her budleaves reaching up surrounding the buds. The stretch was typical of other indica dominant plants, not even close to the 3x, I experienced with the sativa pheno. The buds are much smaller and the yeild is much more modest as well. But what the buds lack in size, they more than make up for in taste/buzz. The jar apeal is dynomite on this one. One of the best I remember ever seeing! Wonderful lime green color with nice round swollen calyxes that are just dripping with resin.

Her taste is best described as funky. Buds are pungent smelling as soon as you crack the jar. It has been hard for relate my sense of smell and taste for this strain as it is totally unfamiliar. The smell/taste reminds me of something I might experience in the middle east/egypt part of the world. Very spicy with a bit of incense and cat piss thrown in for a kick. I thoroughly enjoy both the smell and taste of this pheno as it is nice to have an alternative tasting herb in the jars.

The buzz is extremely narcotic in nature and very soothing to both the body and mind. The initial buzz is exciting and very upeat. I feel the herb creep into my head and settle in right between my eyes. During the process of intaking this herb you feel your head slowly change shape with the mind bending power of the apollo knocking on the door. Eyes feel swollen shut, but it it is just a sensation that passes after an hour or so. Initially concentration is not effected, but later on it is a different story. You get a good solid hour of this intlial surge, after that the buzz starts to melt away slowly turning into heavy eyes and blank stares. This is where maintaining your train of thought can become difficult.

I would have to say I enjoyed this indica phenotype a bit more than the sativa. Possible medicinal effects would be pain relief (relieved my sore throat) and it also shows some great anti-anxiety traits as well. Ed gives this one 4.0 out of five making this pheno the favorite of the two. :)

Last edited:

GuysImSeriously

Wow, that's wild I wouldn't have even seen an indica pheno coming from those two very famously sativa dominant strains. I love the indepth bouquet description of spicey, incensey, cat piss. If I had to give a description this herb it probably would not have such distinction in scent description.
That is quite a nose you got there, is it hand picked. Oh man I'm sorry that pure cheese but for some reason, if you get me up early, make me run around all day,and then put some THC in my system that's the kind of stuff that comes out.
Awesome smoke report, I definitely will keep in mind the difference, good detail makes in a smoke report when I finally post one.

BigClunke

foxygrower said:
Wow raygun your Apollo Mist look nothing like mine! Here is my Tallest, heaviest pheno. Still curing but the smell is great and a real soaring high.

FG
That looks like a great pheno if it still tastes like the A11, it's just kind of a supersized version.
I wish I had infinate room to try all of these great strains :yummy:

Wrecked

since where all posting pics of our apollos mist heres mine i let go in the late 70s... she is dry now and smokes awsome and i think it sounds more along the lines of sunnys second pheno.... I didnt get a more sativa dom plant but i found a few in my sour mist. i will try an dget some better pics up of her. and i really enjoy teh smoke from this lady... Nice report sunnyside i enjoyed reading about both of your phenos... PeAcE

raygun

Now sunny your indica pheno looks like what i call my a-11 pheno. I did however get large buds off that one as well. The fist cola is an example. I am on my 2nd run now with them and this time the clones have out done their parents. Perhaps I have just done a better job who knows.

Foxy i dont think that they are to far off just grown different. I have a 2 x 3 x 3 size grow space and i am hydro. It apprears that you have a room and are in soil. I did get some crazy foxtails and it appears that you didn't so i womder if your bud structure was not more like Wrecked?
Wrecked yours look very compact, what size light you using?

Sunny nicely done.

Wrecked

yea raygun my came out really dense they went almost 80 days under a 1k hps cooltube... But they puff awsome so im hapy about to go puff some more... PeAcE

raygun

Yeah my seed plants went almost that long i think i pulled them at 77 days? The clones however will be done round 65 days. I don't know what happend to make them quicker but i will be harvesting them this weekend. I got a HUGE bud off the Kali sided pheno that i just might have to get som picts of.

Sunny i got to agree wth you about my Apollo pheno or what you call your indica pheno. I prefer that smoke much better however i did not get any intoxicating smell from it, it was just there bud smell. I can't wait, over all i am impressed with this strain and for the price it was $45 (i think) for the pack on seedbay this was especially sweet. in my opinion worth the price even now at the $75.

spicecowboy

Alex-F said:
Wow that's crazy stuff :yoinks:

Did you do a grow thread? Don't wanna ruin your smoke report with 100s of questions :wink:

2 Gallons is around 6ltrs I think :chin: I whent for 6ltr pots with the AM too due too lack of space, but only got around 40-50g per plant afaik. I only have a 400w hps though so it might be because I don't have that great penatration.

40-50 grams per plant?

Do you mean freshly cut out dried and cured?

Man, 40 grams per plant under 400W is a very good yield(dry).

Peace,

spice