What's new

APBT lovers thread!

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Noreaga, we have Razors Edge, Jeep, Watchdog, Nigerino....we bred a game bred female to s UKC conformation champ, and ended up with our stud..he is red.......so we have a mix of game and show lines.......they are awesome dogs!!!!! We also bought a pocket pit, and she is a fat sausage, lol......we do love our doggies!!!!!

A pocket pit? Sounds interesting! <runs off to google>

noreaga

O u got some good genetics over there! pocket pits are cool i've only seen one and he looked like a dacschund pitbull lol. small as hell but such a little bruiser.. love the red nose's tho ive always been a fan of those and the dark brown / red with black muzzles.

stay highhh

B

Big V

O u got some good genetics over there! pocket pits are cool i've only seen one and he looked like a dacschund pitbull lol. small as hell but such a little bruiser.. love the red nose's tho ive always been a fan of those and the dark brown / red with black muzzles.

stay highhh

Yeah there's some guy around here with some of those weiner pits. Not impressed in the least.

noreaga

I feel ya big v, there just so cute and bruisy tho... im just a sucker for pit pups tho. funniest faces ever.. o how big do the pockets stay like 25 30 lbs i would think no?

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Call ya this evening O...wifey has phone right now..
Nore- I have game bloodlines,mine a Gator pit thats also Chutzhund 1 cert. I think Manson needs to come up to Os next timewith me, get some FL gator bloodlines in up north... Awesome that ya bred game to conf too O! Gonna make for an AWESOME family dog....LOVE the pocket girl too!!! She was so funny and excited...lol
We did get a SOLID blond BIIIG boy outta our litter too...Im sure some of you (O, nore, HKM) would be really interested in him too....for show that is..My boy Mansonis who you want for game breed....

Love the doggies guys!!! MORE PICS!!!!
Ill update some puppie pics tonight....2 of em are already 19lbs!!!!!!

good vibes

O

ocean99

Few days ago my moms at work and she sees a puppy running around in traffic, picks it up and looks around for the owners. She was suuuuuuper skinny and her stomach was bloated so we know she hadn't eaten anything in awhile. We call animal services and nobody reported a missing pup so we're keeping her unless the owners are found. I've always wanted an abpt and she looks pure to me so I'm STOOOOOOOOKED I'll throw some picS up when my computer is working

gramma watt

this be Hoss and Whinny

this be Hoss and Whinny

hoss is the red/white...Whinny is the dark/brindle. The small white dog is a rat terrier.

Attachments

• 5 30 2007 022.jpg
    5 30 2007 022.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 16
  • sssss (8).JPG
    sssss (8).JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 17
  • upload.jpg
    upload.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 20

BudGood

"Be shapeless, formless, like water..."
Veteran
Nice, a pocket pit sounds cool, my boy weighs about 90, he'd be bigger but he was neutered as a pup. On the bonus side he's retained his puppy attitude, I love it. He'll be Mr Grown Up Big Bad Dog when he's barking at people in the window or outside, but he acts just like a puppy the rest of the time. I want to get him a buddy, I may look into pocket pits a bit more. Do you breed them also?

And DAMN, that is a big pup!! :yoinks: I bought my ex a papered blue girl, she is staying super short like her parents, but getting heavy. I haven't seen her for a long time, I really miss that dog. She doesn't understand why my dog and I are not around anymore, ya know? Truth be told, I miss that dog more than I miss my ex. :badday: I'll look around and see if I can dig up a pic of her.

whiskeytango420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We may bring Manson up that way with us next ride O! He is a very game dog though, so as long as thats what your lookin for, but amazingly, he is PERFECT for confirmation too...see if I can find some more shots of his full body....
I do KNOW he breeds well though. The last set of pups had almost NO mom in them...lol

good vibes

nice dog cracker!

whiskeytango420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't want to ruffle anyones feathers here, but most "pits" that weigh more than 80lbs are not purebred APBT's or AST's. Most would best be classified in the relatively new breed American Bully.

Here's a good thread (on a GREAT forum) with some beautiful American Bully pics. http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=127005

VERY true...they are what I call "rap video pits"...lol.

No question on my Manson, so no feathers ruffled;) He is barely over the mark at 76-82 lbs depending on month and physical exertion we are doing at the time....

good vibes

burnedout

outkast...I wasn't trying to say you can't have a true purebred APBT or AST that weighs more than 80lbs, just that MOST that are have been crossed at some point.

APBT's conformation weight is between 30-60lbs, so no matter how many times you cross the largest litter in the pack you're never ending up with a 125lb dog. There is a ceiling at some point.

And those uber bullies got that way because people kept (and keep) wanting bigger and bigger "pitbulls". At some point certain "breeders" started crossing other larger breeds in with their stock, but decided to keep that a secret so they could sell their "huge pitbulls" for tons of $. Which went on for years and years basically, until it finally came out what said breeders had done, and since they could no longer technically classify their "muts" as APBT's, eventually a new breed was created, the American Bully.

The sad thing is, most people still don't know this and think this is what a "pitbull" looks like. LOUD MUSIC IN LINK http://www.bossykennels.com/Arnold.html

No doubt mainly because that's what these breeders are marketing their dogs as. :nono:

burnedout

My main man Deuce. 70lbs of pure love......

He's handsome..Looks very similar to my guy except for the color. How old? Do you mind saying which breeder you got him from?

Have to say I'm not a big fan of the spiked collars though. JUST MY OPINION, but we already have to fight public misconceptions SOOO much with this breed, that to have a big spiked collar on an already intimidating looking dog doesn't help the process of eliminating such preconceived notions. I've seen worse tho.

Check these out! http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=160156237&blogId=287027812

Lakota412

They are definitely NOT the same breed... :noway: An amstaff is an amstaff, and a pitbull is a pitbull. Oranges and apples...

Now i'm not jumping to say that one is better than the other, because i know some amstaff lines that will out work, show, scratch, etc. a lot of true apbt lines...but there is definitely a difference in the two breeds.

If they are not the same "breed" then why are some duel registered?

Whats a dog registered with both kennel clubs? Not really a APBT and not really an Amstaff? Or an AmstAPBT?

just sayin.

Latest posts

Latest posts