What's new

APBT lovers thread!

whiskeytango420

There is only one king, god picks em, hand pluckes
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ima have to start a group after thinking of starting this thread. I have had over 50 dogs being a dog trainer. When I am training dogs to be donated to disabled people, we pick our service dogs from the humane society always.
I also do Shutzhund training, and personal protection.
EVERY dog that has been "my" dog, and slept in my home has been an APBT. I wouldn't have any other. They are the most loyal dogs in the world...imho of course.
I could go on and on about how great these dogs are, but Ill just post a few pics of mine, and let you guys take it from here!

good vibes

Here is my Schutzund 1 Gator bloodline, Manson
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And his son Kief! We just brought him home today!:woohoo:
picture.php

whiskeytango420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks O! I love my Bullies! What do you guys show them in? Confirmation? UKC? AKC? I know you gotta call em staffies to show em in some clubs, so I dont do those. Maybe pm me some pics?
Murph- thanks man!

good vibes

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! There's my babies! Should have made it a Bully lover thread baby, then we could have put a pic or two of Patchay up too!
Love ya!

Mrs.Pthway

Those are some beautiful dogs (and the baby is adorable too!!). Love dogs, just can't have them where we are. They are gorgeous WT and Mrs.T!!!

whiskeytango420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awwwww.....you may have to pm me some pics O! My boy Manson is Obedience 3 and Schutzhund 1. I use him when I am training other dogs too! He isnt warming too much to his son living here though...lol. He is used to being the baby....lol

good vibes

no one else with Pit pics?!?!?!?

nice male brindle pit, he looks badass. almost the same as our female pit, but our girls ears are different. pits are the BEST.

a couple far away pics of her, but trust me, its crazy the similarities!

whiskeytango420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
She is a cutie!!! And its scary how much they look alike! Thanks for sharing the pics!
good vibes

O

ocean99

CA1544.14120685-1-x.jpg

hoping to be getting me a pit soon! these look as pure as any pups ive seen but they're actually a shepard/pit cross, go figure. some reason i've always been a bigger fan of mutts, i had a lab/pit/chow when i was younger and he was a beast. had to be put down cause he ended up killing a dog on a roadtrip we were on. the other dog was off a leash and was staring at ditto (my dog), i had him on a leash but he just bolted (i was like 9), fuckin locked onto his neck and like tore out its throat.

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wt! i got a trial coming up where i will put a schh1 on a bitch. should have her III by march.

Lakota412

Yeah there are two different kennel clubs, The AKC recognizes American Staffordshire Terriers, the UKC recognizes APBT. Both are the same breed, some Pitbulls and Amstaffs are duel registered with both kennel clubs.

The Amstaff is a small dog, about the only difference.

I have an Amstaff, she is 14 years old now, and sleeps a lot.

And yes, we have the best dogs in our lives.

yeah it is crazy the resemblence. we were thinking about getting another pit here soon... we adopted the one we have from a shleter but we want to get it from the breeder this time.. nothing like a new puppy. although getting one that already is house broken and listens is pretty nice too!

solarz

Yeah there are two different kennel clubs, The AKC recognizes American Staffordshire Terriers, the UKC recognizes APBT. Both are the same breed, some Pitbulls and Amstaffs are duel registered with both kennel clubs.

The Amstaff is a small dog, about the only difference.

I have an Amstaff, she is 14 years old now, and sleeps a lot.

And yes, we have the best dogs in our lives.

They are definitely NOT the same breed... :noway: An amstaff is an amstaff, and a pitbull is a pitbull. Oranges and apples...

Now i'm not jumping to say that one is better than the other, because i know some amstaff lines that will out work, show, scratch, etc. a lot of true apbt lines...but there is definitely a difference in the two breeds.

bterzz

Veteran
lol good to see some bully lovers in here.

and if you think I set them up for the last photo, I didnt lol..

they're best buds.

both rescues.

whiskeytango420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great pics!!! I prefer APBTs to staffies, but Im a bully lover no matter what. Got a Levitt Olde English Bulldog as well as the two APBT.
Keep the pics coming guys!

bterzz-great pics!

good vibes

Phillthy

Seven-Thirty
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there is absolutely no difference between apbt and staffs. now if you want to talk style then that is one thing. all staffs come from pit bulls registered with the akc. nothing added to them. they are just pit bulls by a different name.

707Corridor

Cool thread!

I'm working on getting a APBT hopefully by the end of the year. If anyone's got some good breeders I should look into let me know!

whiskeytango420

ICMag Donor
Veteran
there is absolutely no difference between apbt and staffs. now if you want to talk style then that is one thing. all staffs come from pit bulls registered with the akc. nothing added to them. they are just pit bulls by a different name.

We'll agree to disagree. Both originally WAAAAY back came from the same stock, but were bred for two different purposes and two different dogs. Staffies were there way of trying to make the pit fighting dog more home and family friendly...Or so I was told....:joint:

good vibes

S

shushslo

Pit Bulls and American Staffordshire Terriers are genetically the same breed of dog and there are several instances in which a particular dog has dual registration. In fact, the UKC was founded for the express purpose of allowing registration of the breed. Over time, the UKC also became the registry for hunting dogs which is its main focus today. The AKC eventually began allowing the breed to be registered under the name of American Staffordshire Terrier. What we currently have is a situation in which one group (the UKC) has been breeding the dog for "performance" and the other (the AKC) has been breeding the dog to maintain specific physical standards. Selective breeding over many generations have produced two strains of the same dog with pit bulls having the tendency to be more aggressive.

Latest posts

Latest posts