What's new

AO - Agent Orange by Zan

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello everyone.

Just a quick update on where I'm at.
High percentage of females and 3 males selected.
Won't be flowering these for a bit yet.

Attachments

• 2012.JPG
    2012.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 78

RoostaPhish

Veteran
I always enjoy AO. Usually comes threw pretty strong in crosses. My favorite was with strawberry cough. Although folks did occasionally get burned out on it if all we had. Not sure what homedude was on about, why would you work with genetics for 15 years if you thought it was shit? Doesnt quite add up.

Zanddar

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah this one is quite nice and everyone loves it. Even rubbing the stalk it smells like oranges. Super white and covered with resin on the leaves. Plant will turn all black in cold temps with sugary white buds. The plants can be quite colorful with orange, yellow and reddish leaves when flowered.

Lots of females and 3 males to choose from. I only ever keep the best or unique. Don't have room to grow shit.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
agent orange was shit . was always a flat orange taste... and a known hermie..

loads of orange strains are known to hermie..

tangie is probably the best starting point ... and tangie x ghost train haze is the best orange strain ive ever tasted....
I thought tangie was just a pheno of agent orange selected from a large population?

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
I thought tangie was just a pheno of agent orange selected from a large population?

tangie is an old skool pheno of tangerine dream not barneys farm bullshit ... think it was a clone only cut ..tangie is a cali orange pheno x with a skunk pheno ..

agent orange is a cross of orange velvet (orange skunk) x jack the ripper..

tangie was around before agent orange ... as was cali orange which is 1 of the earliest lineages of the oranges.i cant think of.. if i was a breeder id start with cali - o seeds and select a pheno to work with but only produce reg seeds to minimize any hermies and i dont encourage stressing females to produce female seeds as that carries over into the next generation and nobody wants to smoke seedy weedy..

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
It's not the results of the stressing that carries over, it's the way a plant responds to stress is inheritable.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
it just says orange velvet is an orange skunk pheno no mention of cali-orange
Pretty sure tangie originates from Jack. And was literally called tangerine jack when first introduced. This is pre DNA.

yh dna got there hands on the tangerine dream cut that crocketts was using from 95 or something ..

tangie is cali orange x skunk (but you can choose any skunk at the time.. sk1 ..ak47... jack herrer ... exodus .. road kill skunk.. etc etc)

also as above.. sour tangie is deffo a nice smoke.... would take sour tangie over agent orange all day long ..

orange and grapefruit are very similar terps ...

Nannymouse

There was a Tangerine from Juan Moore that was Calio x (skunk x?). Was used in making StoneyBaloney. Dunno how old that one was.

kro-magnon

Veteran
The first orange tasting plant I've grown was Jillybean, it was nice but there was some disgusting smells mixed with the orange on too many phenotypes. The best orange tasting strain I've grown was from Bodhi seeds, it was Blood Orange a cross of Aeric77Orange Bud and Appalachia male, it was amazing, me and my friends kept the best phenotype for 5 years, it was all a grower want, easy to clone, fast grower, huge producer, very strong terpenes and powerful high. I miss it bad.
Recently I tried some Agent Orange F2 from Philosopher seeds, the females were nice but the males were not good enough to keep the strain going sadly. I should have kept clones of the females instead of doing seeds because I didn't find anything better in the seeds I made or even as good as the mothers. I'll maybe buy another pack to select females and keep the clones as I like a orange tasting bud in my jars.

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Tangie is Jack x skunk accourding to them. But is actually just a pheno of Jack.

it says tangie is a cali orange x skunk pheno...

you can still get reg cali orange seeds and also jack herer so it wouldnt be too dificult to re-create that gene pool...

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Well I guess it does say Cali o x skunk on there website. I have an old publication that has it listed differently.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Looking for citrus at the mo, looking for lemon right now, but orange has been on the wish list for a while.
I have some Agent Lemon, Oaseeds. good stuff.

Popping some this fall.

Also had Orange Sherbet, Barney’s Farm, Orange Cream x Purple Urkle x Cherry Pie.

Great flavor, the S1 not so much, likely will order more to have that orange in my mouth again.

Oregonism

Tangie is Jack x skunk accourding to them. But is actually just a pheno of Jack.
Jack is eveything skunk is except for nl5 and haze c male. So is it skunk or skunk/haze? Isnt cheese just a nl5hazec not really just a skunk...

What was the orange in orange crush 90-95ish, just cali-o?