What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~Anything Outdoors 2021~World Wide~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montuno

...como el Son...
14-Diciembre / December-14

Green OldTimers Haze (Green Haze) #19 x A5 Haze
(A.C.E; nacida el 17-Junio / born con June-17):

wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

​ (...)

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Para ti, las últimas rosas que sobreviven al frío invernal alrededor de mi casa... Acabo de tomar las fotos ahora mismo, en una mañana lluviosa...
Hoy tenemos 9 °C (48'2 °F) de mínima nocturna, y 14 °C (57'2 °F) de máxima diurna bajo la lluvia. Para esta semana, prevee la AEMet que en la vertiente norte de mi serranía (39 °N, aprox; 800-900 metros de altitud) que las mínimas nocturnas oscilarán según el día, entre los 4 y 10 °C (39'2 y 50 °F), y las máximas diurnas (siempre a la sombra) entre los 13 y los 21 °C (55'5 y 70 °F)...
El cima está loco: ahora estamos teniendo el tiempo que deberíamos haber tenido en la segunda mitad de Noviembre (un mes atrás); y las heladas nocturnas por debajo de 0 °C (32 °F) y las granizadas de entonces, serían más lógicas ahora... Una lástima, pues mi Green OldTimers Haze X A5 Haze (A.C.E.) casi no pudo avanzar en su floración durante aquella quincena...
...Pero aquí están las humildes rosas que te prometí :

For you, the last roses surviving the winter cold around my house.... I just took the pictures right now, on a rainy morning....
Today we have 9 °C (48'2 °F) overnight low, and 14 °C (57'2 °F) daytime high in the rain. For this week, the AEMet forecasts that on the northern slope of my mountain range (39 °N, approx; 800-900 meters altitude) that nighttime lows will vary depending on the day, between 4 and 10 °C (39'2 and 50 °F), and daytime highs (always in the shade) between 13 and 21 °C (55'5 and 70 °F)...
The top is crazy: we are having now the weather we should have had in the second half of November (one month ago); and night frosts below 0 °C (32 °F) and hailstorms then, would be more logical now... A pity, because my Green OldTimers Haze X A5 Haze (A.C.E.) could hardly progress in its flowering during that fortnight...
...But here are the humble roses that I promised you :
I could only dream about growing in the kind of climate that you have such a wonderful season , it’s really miserable in my part of the world right now , weather sucks

Montuno

...como el Son...
I could only dream about growing in the kind of climate that you have such a wonderful season , it’s really miserable in my part of the world right now , weather sucks

Puedes ver las fotos de las rosas? Mi "compadre" Hombre del mont me avisa de que no puede verlas...

Can you see the photos of the roses? My "compadre" Hombre del mont warns me that he can't see them...

Montuno

...como el Son...

Bueno, en tu país hay muchos estados con mejor o mucho mejor clima que el mío: todos los estados fronterizos con México, y Luisana, Alabama, Florida, Hawaii, etc... Por cierto, que a pocos veo en hilos de exterior como éste (mensajearan sólo en los hilos de E.U.A., supongo)... Siempre me quedo yo casi el último, empalmando con el hilo del siguiente año y los cultivadores del Hemisferio Sur...

Si te sirve de consuelo, yo también envidio las condiciones climáticas de mis compatriotas de las zonas mediterráneas, o de la zona africana...
Incluso ciudades del extremo norte peninsular en las costas atlánticas y cantábricas como Vigo, Pontevedra (Galicia) o San Sebastián (País Vasco-Euzkady; 43'5 °N), tienen inviernos más suaves que yo...

Well, in your country there are many states with better or much better weather than mine: all the states bordering Mexico, and Louisiana, Alabama, Florida, Hawaii, etc... By the way, I see very few of them in outdoor threads like this one (they will post only in the U.S. threads, I guess)... I'm always near the bottom, joining the next year's thread and the Southern Hemisphere growers...

If it's any consolation, I too envy the climatic conditions of my compatriots in the Mediterranean areas, or the African zone....
Even cities in the extreme north of the peninsula on the Atlantic and Cantabrian coasts such as Vigo, Pontevedra (Galicia), Santander (Cantabria) or San Sebastian (Basque Country-Euzkady; 43'5 °N), have milder winters than me...

Montuno

...como el Son...

Originally posted by dubi View Post :

"Qué maravilla de paisajes y de terrenos que tenéis por allí Montuno :wave: Da ganas de coger al perro y darse un buen paseo bajo el sol..."

"Wonderfull landscapes and land you have there Montuno. Truly enticing to make a walk with the dog under the sun..."

"Ehhh!?!"

"Alguien dijo paseo ?!?"
"Someone said take a walk?!?"

"Paseo !!! Paseo !!! Paseo !!!..."
Walk !!! Walk !!!! Walk !!!..."

"Bieeennnn !!!"
"Woooonderfuuuull !!"

"Ahhh, que guay... Paseo..."
"Ahhh, how cool.... Walk..."

​​​​​​

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Y tu anciano nórdico, qué tal está pasando el invierno?
And your Nordic elder, how is he getting through the winter?

I posted this in a different thread but unfortunately last month after 16/years I put him down… he was laboring to breathe And had a hard time standing … I feel really guilty about it…I could’ve “kept him going” is what I keep thinking to myself…I tried to block it out of my mind it’s a harsh memory & the :( second time I’ve had to do this with an animal

Montuno

...como el Son...
Disculpame en mi torpeza, star crash , pues no lo sabía... Pero que no te pese haberlo eutanasido, sino todo lo contrario: seguro él te lo agradece. En mis aún no cumplidos 50 años de vida he visto morir a 10 de mis perr@s, y créeme que algunos tuvieron una muerte horrible por no poder haber sido eutanasiados a tiempo... Mi último mastín del Cáucaso, Talibán, murió entre un repentino ataqué epiléptico que afortunadamente pude ocultar a mi sobrina, que apenas podía andar y se iba apoyando en el gran Cáucaso para guardar el equilibrio...
Sin embargo, irse de este mundo tras una inyección que, mágica y repentinamente, alivia tu agónico sufrimiento y lo sustituye por un cálido placer de alivio, permitiendo que los recuerdos y estímulos agradables de tu vida fluyan por tu mente conduciendote al sueño...

Lo siento muchísimo, amigo. Espero que tu y Cookie os cuideis tanto mutuamente cómo has sabido cuidar del macho, pues que un perro nórdico alcance los 16 años no puede sino ser una clara evidencia de la calidad que a tenido su vida.
Un abrazo sincero en la distancia.

Forgive me for my clumsiness, star crash, because I didn't know it.... But don't be sorry that you euthanized him, on the contrary, I'm sure he will thank you for it. In my not yet 50 years of life I have seen 10 of my dogs die, and believe me, some of them died a horrible death because they could not have been euthanized in time... My last Caucasian Mastiff, Taliban, died in a sudden epileptic seizure that I was fortunately able to hide from my niece, who when was a baby and could barely walk and she was leaning on the big Caucasus to keep her balance... However, to leave this world after an injection that, magically and suddenly, relieves your agonizing suffering and replaces it with a warm pleasure of relief, allowing the pleasant memories and stimuli of your life to flow through your mind leading you to sleep...

I am very sorry, my friend. I hope you and Cookie take as good care of each other as you have taken care of the male, for a Nordic dog to reach 16 years of age can only be clear evidence of the quality of his life.
​​A sincere hug in the distance.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You a great friend …I hope one day in the not too distant future we can meet face-to-face I’m serious

Montuno

...como el Son...
You a great friend …I hope one day in the not too distant future we can meet face-to-face I’m serious

Para mí es imposible económicamente ir a tu país (y lo cierto es que si pudiera permitirme visitar América, antes iría a Hispanoamérica o a Brasil, y no a las típicas y tópicas vacaciones de complejo hotelero), aparte de tener una sobrina de 6 años a mi cargo. Pero si a ti alguna vez te apetece visitar este país, yo tengo un pequeño ático deshabitado pero nuevo y completamente amueblado en la ciudad más cercana (lo estoy pagando aún: lo he comprado pensando en que mi sobrina y yo tengamos un lugar "en la civilización"), que es pequeña pero un importante nudo de comunicaciones ferroviarias de alta velocidad que te permite llegar de la forma más rápida posible a cualquier parte de la zona peninsular europea.
Está a tu libre disposición si alguna vez vienes.

For me it is financially impossible to go to your country (and the truth is that if I could afford to visit America, I would go to Hispanic America or Brazil first, and not to the typical and cliché resort vacation), apart from having a 6 year old niece in my care. But if you ever feel like visiting this country, I have a small uninhabited but new and fully furnished penthouse in the nearest town (I am still paying for it: I bought it thinking of my niece and me having a place "in civilization"), which is small but an important high speed railway junction that allows you to get as fast as possible to any part of the peninsular European part of the nation.
It is at your free disposal if you ever come here.

Montuno

...como el Son...

GREEN HAZE 19 A5 :
Green OldTimers Haze (Green Haze)#19 x A5 Haze
(A.C.E; nacida el 17-Junio / born con June-17).

Cola principal / Main cola :

​​

​​

​​

​​

​​

​​ (...)

St. Phatty

Alaska is 67 degrees - warmer than San Diego.

Of course the day length is pretty short.

But, just for the heck of it - an outdoor grow in Alaska in the winter ?!

Montuno

...como el Son...
Alaska is 67 degrees - warmer than San Diego.

Of course the day length is pretty short.

But, just for the heck of it - an outdoor grow in Alaska in the winter ?!

El clima está loco... En mi país, en mi misma latitud (38/39 °N) pero cerca de la costa están despidiendo el año con máximas hasta de 27 °C (80'6 °F) a la sombra...
Y en la vertiente norte de mi serranía, después de una segunda mitad de Noviembre ineditamente fría acá (con días de mínimas bajo 0°C (por debajo de 32°F) , y máximas a la sombra a penas por encima de 10°C (50°F), ahora estamos llegando hasta los 22°C (71'6°F)...

The weather is crazy ... In my country, in my same latitude (38/39 ° N) but near the coast, they are saying goodbye to the year with highs of up to 27 ° C (80'6 ° F) in the shade ... And on the northern slopes of my mountains, after an unprecedentedly cold second half of November here (with days of lows below 0 ° C (below 32 ° F), and maximums in the shade barely above 10 ° C (50 ° F), now we are reaching 22 ° C (71'6 ° F) ...

Montuno

...como el Son...

GREEN HAZE 19 A5
Green OldTimers Haze (Green Haze) #19 x A5 Haze
(A.C.E; nacida el 17-Junio / born con June-17).

Ramas bajas / Lower branches:

...y sus flores / ...and it flowers: