Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Jamaican Jam

Old photo 2006
full

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
It is less usual to grow sativa because they take longer and people want a faster, heavier indica. The world needs more sativa like it used to be back in the 60s and 70s.
It asad state of affairs; Most people under 55yrs of age in the UK have no idea what real (sativa) weed is like;,as they've only been used to smoking Dutch genetics from the 80's onwards

revegeta666

It asad state of affairs; Most people under 55yrs of age in the UK have no idea what real (sativa) weed is like;,as they've only been used to smoking Dutch genetics from the 80's onwards
It's the same everywhere really. In Spain people say "sativa" when referring to jack herer or gelato. Young people say gelato has this soaring sativa effect because they don't know what a sativa is, they just repeat what the website description says. This new Freakshow strain they call that a sativa as well😂😂, the one with the weird leaves.

In Spanish forums there are people my age, over 40, but amazingly skilled growers with 20-25 years of indoor experience, and when they see fluffy buds they don't understand why you would grow that. When you tell them that sativa effects are different to commercial strains, that some are racy, others trippier, other more blissful, they say it's a myth, or they say they "believe" you so you don't feel bad haha.

People here choose strains almost only based on production and looks, and when people show pictures of buds in forums, everyone agrees it's a great strain if it has huge buds, or if the buds look pretty in a picture. If not, they rather not say anything to not be rude😂 like they are thinking "poor guy"

Meanwhile they keep growing this nasty overrated clone called "Bilbo", which is a Critical Mass selection from the 90s. Because it's quick, it produces well and has very intense fruity smell and taste. I have grown it once and gave me a headache and ended up giving the weed and the clone away. They let themselves get caught in this "elite clone" culture where a plant is only good if everyone has it, and they feel importaqqnt if they have access to them.

They are master growers, that have no clue what good weed is. Very sad. They just grow this bullshit weed that is the equivalent of eating dog kibble, because it produces well and has a strong taste. They can't tell good from bad effect because all the weed they grow has the same effect. It all comes from afghans. I like afghans as well but for a sativa I would rather it not being crossed to anything that will compromise its effect. It has to be clean to be enjoyable imo.

Last edited:

Plookerkingjon

I shit you not when I was a young boy I was born 1971, the first time I saw an equatorial sativa growing up where I live I thought it was some sort of a tomato plant had nothing to do with cannabis so it's interesting how when you're LED down one particular path because of the way you're going through life and then you're exposed to neat things like equatorial and land races I kind of separates the groupies from the rock stars in this thing of ours cuz I have found in my experience of smoking cannabis over the last 30 years that a lot of times when I see something that looks mundane and regular and really not anything special it's kicked me in the ass when I smoked it so I guess the old saying you can't judge a book by its cover and some regards to cannabis is used to be the case

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
It's the same everywhere really. In Spain people say "sativa" when referring to jack herer or gelato. Young people say gelato has this soaring sativa effect because they don't know what a sativa is, they just repeat what the website description says. This new Freakshow strain they call that a sativa as well😂😂, the one with the weird leaves.

In Spanish forums there are people my age, over 40, but amazingly skilled growers with 20-25 years of indoor experience, and when they see fluffy buds they don't understand why you would grow that. When you tell them that sativa effects are different to commercial strains, that some are racy, others trippier, other more blissful, they say it's a myth, or they say they "believe" you so you don't feel bad haha.

People here choose strains almost only based on production and looks, and when people show pictures of buds in forums, everyone agrees it's a great strain if it has huge buds, or if the buds look pretty in a picture. If not, they rather not say anything to not be rude😂 like they are thinking "poor guy"

Meanwhile they keep growing this nasty overrated clone called "Bilbo", which is a Critical Mass selection from the 90s. Because it's quick, it produces well and has very intense fruity smell and taste. I have grown it once and gave me a headache and ended up giving the weed and the clone away. They let themselves get caught in this "elite clone" culture where a plant is only good if everyone has it, and they feel importaqqnt if they have access to them.

They are master growers, that have no clue what good weed is. Very sad. They just grow this bullshit weed that is the equivalent of eating dog kibble, because it produces well and has a strong taste. They can't tell good from bad effect because all the weed they grow has the same effect. It all comes from afghans. I like afghans as well but for a sativa I would rather it not being crossed to anything that will compromise its effect. It has to be clean to be enjoyable imo.
That sums it up nicely!

CARCHOFA

I'm agree with you, but I think that is because people don't have the opportunity to smoke and taste different things and also because the legal situation: you have to harvest quick and quantity, quality is related to strong effect, without analising the effect. In fact when I smoked herb of my friends some times I GET KNOCKED, and I didn't want to stay like that, it was narcotic.

Every weed has it's moment.
My experience is that in parties or celebrations I bring some special sativa buds and everyone enjoy, dance, talk... with other herb maybe you have to sit and just cal down.
Good herb like good wine is unique, a good indica when you have problems to sleep or you are stressed is fine also.

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Super excited about the hybrid line i've been working with! Had a bud that was different yesterday, had sweet mellow medical indica taste with a definite body buzz, with less headiness. I associate the heady plants with sativa because they all are like the original 'Sativa Candy Spice' pheno from 2017. Its the type you take toke or 2 and set it down for a minute. The medical indica flower yestreday, you wanted to keep toking it and it was a creeper bud where it takes a minute to set in. Best of both worlds!

I think thats right, the sativa side of the line has brought in a more heady cerebral effect and increased potency. This cultivar has it all! Stay tuned for the release early 2023! :smoke:

Medical indica sweet buds--very high density

full

'Sativa Candy Spice' pheno

full

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Awesome huge sativa bush! Is that Kinects or Legos or something you're using for support? Good idea. Thanks for sharing! :smoke:

izzem

Awesome huge sativa bush! Is that Kinects or Legos or something you're using for support? Good idea. Thanks for sharing! :smoke:
It's extendable tomatoe cages from Amazon. Wife got them last year and I've purchased so many through this season. Prefect for training cannabis to grow naturally or however you choose

Latest posts

Latest posts