What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ANYTHING OUTDOOR 2022 EVERYWHERE

revegeta666

I've been noticing some caterpillar damage on my buds should I harvest early View attachment 18759444

You should examine the buds daily, for signs of caterpillars. Like a leaf that has been munched on, caterpillar shit on the leaves, and buds that look weird/rotten.

It's helpful to actually open the buds to look inside, which is where they hide and where they do most of the damage from. Pick them by hand and check if they shat inside the bud. This will make botrytis appear and make that bud rot. Dispose of the infested buds and keep up the search.

They also like to come out when the sun goes out. So a good thing to do is to wait til it's dark and go inspect the buds with a blowtorch. You can catch many of them in the act.

In the morning, when it's very hot they like to "rappel" down from the plant using a silk thread. Then they burrow themselves during the hottest hours of the day. You can catch a few of them with sticky traps this way as well.

Also you can buy those lavender balls they make to keep moths away from clothes. You can drop a few of these balls near your plants and it will keep some of the moths away from them.

But mainly perseverance. As said above, hold your ground and don't let these pigs bully you.
Good Luck.

You should examine the buds daily, for signs of caterpillars. Like a leaf that has been munched on, caterpillar shit on the leaves, and buds that look weird/rotten.

It's helpful to actually open the buds to look inside, which is where they hide and where they do most of the damage from. Pick them by hand and check if they shat inside the bud. This will make botrytis appear and make that bud rot. Dispose of the infested buds and keep up the search.

They also like to come out when the sun goes out. So a good thing to do is to wait til it's dark and go inspect the buds with a blowtorch. You can catch many of them in the act.

In the morning, when it's very hot they like to "rappel" down from the plant using a silk thread. Then they burrow themselves during the hottest hours of the day. You can catch a few of them with sticky traps this way as well.

Also you can buy those lavender balls they make to keep moths away from clothes. You can drop a few of these balls near your plants and it will keep some of the moths away from them.

But mainly perseverance. As said above, hold your ground and don't let these pigs bully you.
Good Luck.
This was extremely helpful thank you very much

Lunchmoney

6C083DAA-713D-4F88-8DC5-2AD091049CB6.jpeg
C54A33B7-31F1-421D-A3F9-09508DA6B469.jpeg
A5C65E66-7FF4-4E82-9F55-97F0DA39B844.jpeg

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
I've been noticing some caterpillar damage on my buds should I harvest early View attachment 18759444
Also have a little read about Bacillus thuringiensis, it's a bacteria that you ca spray on plants in flowering. The caterpillar takes one bite and it will stop eating and die.
Supposedly you can use it up until 2 weeks from harvest, but I like to give 3 weeks.
I use it as both a preventative and a treatment.
It works really well and is certified for use on organic crops.

therevverend

Veteran
Hey Rev that is some goddamn bullshit. IMHO there is noway in hell that rat bastard pig fucker is not coming back. You do have to stay tight to the plants. If he saw the other plants he knows there are thousands of dollars just hanging there. Did he come in the night? If taken at night harder to tell which plants are best. Was Super Ape also the largest colas? How did he know Super Ape was the best one? Did you show anybody and tell them that? If so that is your ripper.
These ripper posts come every year but they are maddening. I have been ripped. It sucks. It sucks when LEO finds them but it is at least a red bad of courage.
Your plants are just to nice. They are essentially irresistible to a ripper. He must be stopped and hopefully revealed after you taser him repeatedly.

You are a prophet tarzan. The ripper came back of course. My security system worked perfectly, alarm went off right as I was getting into bed. I'd been sick for a couple of days, my body was weak all over so I didn't feel like brawling. Found him, sprayed the shit out of him with pepper gel and he ran off blindly into the night. I recognized him, exactly who I thought it would be. Drunken meth addict thief, my grandma had been way too nice to him. Dumbest asshole I've met in my life.

Probably should have called the cops, he'd go to prison for a long time. Didn't want to fool with the paperwork and have them finding reasons to take my plants from me for creating a 'nuisance'. Even though I have my medical card not worth the risk. He'd had time to grab one short branch off the early spear x 5g blue. Must have stuck it down his shirt. Hopefully it tastes like pepper spray.

Weather's been great, best it's been in years. Everything looks great. Here's the super apes.

View media item 18704604
View media item 18704603
View media item 18704602
View media item 18704601
View media item 18704600
Smells wonderful, one is more grapey, the other more apricot jam. Lots of sweet resin creamy smells. Very happy with this strain. 10 foot tall plants, long colas, lots of resin and should be potent. Probably a week away from harvest, maybe 10 days.

Second best thing at this point is probably the Huckleberry Punch. Might be the best smelling thing in the garden although there's an argument to be made for a few others. Including the super ape. Huge number of tops, big colas, lots of resin, very impressive. We'll see what the effects are like.

View media item 18704598
View media item 18704597
View media item 18704595
View media item 18704594
View media item 18704592

therevverend

Veteran
Another candidate for best smelling plant is the critical 47 x shishkeberry #3 X GG#4 x C99. Smells incredible, cherry, incense, hash, very complex. Might be my favorite smell. The plant isn't big, about 7.5 feet. The colas aren't big and long like the huck punch or super ape but there's lots of them and they're frosty.

View media item 18704605
View media item 18704608
View media item 18704607

iTarzan

You were supposed to tazer him revverend. Still a happy ending though. Reset the alarm and be on guard because tweaker rippers are probably extra desperate and need to steal.

The super ape looks tasty as can be. All your stuff is standing tall in this thread.

Last edited:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice collection of plants guys! Thanks for sharing! I like to see how they do in full sun since mine are all shade grown cannabis. Glad you were able to catch the ripper, Reverend! Need to get a dog out there, thats their job to guard stuff. Really great garden you have going on, glad he didn't get any. Sucks when even though you have a medical card, and should be allowed to grow the medicine, you can't go to the police for help.

Got a couple new shots last weekend. Plants are doing great! Watered last sunday with around 100 gal because it was going to get hot this week, then we got 0.75-1.0 inch of rain! Went back to make sure the plants were stood up and they weren't too bad. Going to be ready soon! Lots of indica dominant medicinal plants. Getting closer to project goals! :smoke:

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited: