What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything Outdoor 2018

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
It's all in the planning. I start slowly in November and start to give it serious thought after February. Scheduling is the most important, and the one thing that is likely to go sideways on me.

dufous

Attachments

• 004 Bangi Haze.jpg
    004 Bangi Haze.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 10

Rodehazrd

Rodehazrd,

I have bangi haze growing in swamp tubes. No sign of mold.

F
em is the way to go.

I am 61 years old. Moldy mexican and columbian brickweed was what we smoked for years. That's all there was.
Well after this year of the big wet I guess we can safely say Dubi's claim of mushroom resistance is accurate.

Damn is that a loblolly pine back there?

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Hey Kindbud
Sounds like you have a solid plan for next year. I hope you get some dry time soon. Its hard to cure buds when humidity is in the 80's. I fear this wet fall is a trend we'll see get worse as climate change continues to disrupt weather patterns. I think the drive for higher yield hybrids may be bringing in more mold issues too. Early autos may be the answer for some locations.

Hoypare sure had some very nice pictures early.

I'm running some Bangi Haze this year and so far no sign of any mold. Looks like mid October for a finish on them. Any one else running bangi seeing any mold at all? I also put out two clones when the bangi in that tub were males. One ak47f2 and a longbottom leaf x skunk. They are quite small but no mold issues yet. Next year I plan to order the fem bangi from ace for outdoor My neighbor is running some type of chunk and he's in trouble. I may be careful not to hit his pipe much this winter.
By the way what is the effect of smoking mold spores? Do the spores not burn up in the smoke. Other than tasting bad is there really any harm from contaminated buds. I sure threw a lot away with PM several years ago running the humbolt seed OG.
Kindbud take care and don't fall off the ridge hauling those big buds home.
:tiphat:

Yea it's like a tropical climate here with all the humidity.....I feel like I'm at the beach and I look around and I'm in this shit hole. Really if the buds don't mold over you can usually save them. I know I've smoked some shit over the yrs I've bought. I'm just gotta make sure to keep the buds looking half way decent for commercial. I don't wanna smoke molded bud nor do I want to put it off on others.....so if it's very bad I've threw it out. It's been minimal what I've lost, but losing anything to mold is to much. I've been more afraid of it spreading and riuning alot. I can deal with cutting some bud off here and there.

Can't wait to see how your Ace stuff finished keep us posted!!!:tiphat: up

I've grew a few things from realgorilla.... especially DFG. It's like a auto, very nice plant that finished fast and nice yield, no mold on her but I could tell it was trying to mold in places but I harvest before it had the chance

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Ok, so after all the talk I finally made it out to the plot to get some pics and do some much needed feeding and watering. Here is an Orange Grove and a Northern lights...

Sorry for the poor quality, my camera sucks.

Attachments

• 100_0547.jpg
    100_0547.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 9
  • 100_0546.jpg
    100_0546.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 11

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
It's all in the planning. I start slowly in November and start to give it serious thought after February. Scheduling is the most important, and the one thing that is likely to go sideways on me.

Yes that's for sure. Doing indoor grows for yrs I always had things on hand and was prepared. But this beening my first outdoor grow since I've moved about 4yrd ago I just don't have things laying around.....I've had to buy everything, next yr I'll have stuff on hand and won't have to wait on getting things I need. Like I was saying I never seriously decided to grow until Mays 3rd WK lol. In the past ....even when I'd throw some plants out in the Midwest I'd start seedlings in April. But when I was younger I've started seedling in Feb here in Appalachian. Of course I'm talking about keeping them inside until it got warm. But I've definitely got alot better planning in place if I grow next yr.

I do wonder about the climate. I remember 4-5 yrs ago it was very wet fall and winter around here. I definitely plan to choose mold resistant strains....give a few of them a try. Maybe Delahaze from Paradise.....I've grew there Sensi Star indoors(pics in albums) and have heard it does ok outdoors. Maybe AMS, Holy Punch, Church something that GH has mold resistant at least one of these strains. I've always loved Dutch Passion and wanna run The ultimate next season. I'd like to get some SSH also, I know she's a good yielder and think I could have success again with it. And along with alot of strains I've currently got those mentioned will be added. I'd love to find a oldtimer around here that still got that old strain guys used to grow around here. I fear it's gone....at least not getting outta the hands that may still have it:tiphat:

Yes like dufous said about smoking molding brick weed....that's 100% why I started indoor growing back in early 90s late late 80s. Some of the shitweed I've bought over the yrs I wouldn't give 5$ for a oz now

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Ok, so after all the talk I finally made it out to the plot to get some pics and do some much needed feeding and watering. Here is an Orange Grove and a Northern lights...

Sorry for the poor quality, my camera sucks.

Very nice JST......when do you think/plan to harvest them ??? True in the bush pics, glad you shared them. I'm taking it by your words you can't visit them very often?? Very perk healthy plants.....wishing you a good safe harvest. Please keep us updated:tiphat:

JustSumTomatoes

Yanked a couple of males that have not been fed or watered for 6 weeks and they were somehow still alive. The soil was very dry in the bags and a mother field mouse and her babies jumped out of a bag as I was yanking up one of the plants. The babies were still attached to her and nursing. So cute.

Attachments

• 100_0553.JPG
    100_0553.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_0549.JPG
    100_0549.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_0551.JPG
    100_0551.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_0552.JPG
    100_0552.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 10

JustSumTomatoes

Very nice JST......when do you think/plan to harvest them ??? True in the bush pics, glad you shared them. I'm taking it by your words you can't visit them very often?? Very perk healthy plants.....wishing you a good safe harvest. Please keep us updated:tiphat:

This is the first time I've visited them during the day this year and I'm glad I did. They are really starving for nitrogen and I wouldn't have seen it as well at night when I usually visit them. It's been 2 weeks on the dot since I've been there last and I really need to stop by more often before harvest. They are about 7 weeks into flower and I was going to harvest them mid October, but I'm going to have to push it back a week cause family decided they are coming to stay with me the week I was planning on giving them the chop.

CrushnYuba

0912181706.jpg

Here is a pic of a row from a few weeks ago. It's really hard to get garden pictures because the spacing in some of my gardens are terrible. 12 ft between plants. They are staggered but they still usually growing into each other. Way less then ideal. I wish i had bigger gardens with the same number of plants.

O yea. The picture is showing the south side of the row on the left. Its showing the north side of the row on the right. That's why the back sides of those plants on the right seem sparsish and the ones on the left seem full.

Dankwolf

View Image

Here is a pic of a row from a few weeks ago. It's really hard to get garden pictures because the spacing in some of my gardens are terrible. 12 ft between plants. They are staggered but they still usually growing into each other. Way less then ideal. I wish i had bigger gardens with the same number of plants.

O yea. The picture is showing the south side of the row on the left. Its showing the north side of the row on the right. That's why the back sides of those plants on the right seem sparsish and the ones on the left seem full.

Nice work it gets tough in my opinion after 8ft of plant . got to plan ahead . what's your regain watering,fertilizing .

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
View Image

Very nice....I assume your a WC grower??? I'd love to be able to have automated watering like you guys do
I'd love to live in legal states. WC growers are elite outdoor growers.....much respect to all the west coast. Your gonna have to employ a crew to trim right? What strains is the front plants??? Looks like a nice sativa....:tiphat:

yahooman

personal home grow

texada timewarp,green crack,mango kush,ogchem x timewarp

Attachments

• IMG_3774.jpg
    IMG_3774.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3787.jpg
    IMG_3787.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 12

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Do you guys line the inside of those container with some type of plastic?? I'm curious about this and wonder how you guys have the inside of the container. Or is it just the fabric?

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
personal home grow

texada timewarp,green crack,mango kush,ogchem x timewarp

Dang everybody jumping in.....healthy green beautiful garden you got friend. I've heard those trxada timewarp are huge plants. Are they your biggest, nicest strain??

Guys please don't forget after you harvest to make some entries in the New Outdoor Strain guide!!! I'll be adding some pretty soon myself. I'm hoping to get that up and going. Thanks alot guys:tiphat: no

yahooman

i got the tt clones from farmhard....it was a shitty transaction,shipping was expensive,they threw about a gallon of perlite in a bag,threw the clones in and put in a box....when i got them,3 were snapped and dead,the rest had perlite pwder all over them......i had 4 clones left,2 were labelled violator....1 mango and one tt....
after a month of veg the timewarp was looking exactly like the violators....but didnt match violator growth characteristics....after some research i concluded it was the violators that were mislabelled,they are actually timewarps.im happy now cause the timewarps are gorgeous plants!tall,really long colas,excellent mold resistance and very lemony/fruity smell
the mango kush is a massive bush,smells divine,but i fear ill start having mold problems as they mature,time will tell.....the gc is a solid yielding,very potent fruity smelling strain,sativa leaning,but awesome for insomnia if taken to 60 days

the ogchem x tt i made a few years back,but only sprouted a few this year.....extremely frosty,and very sativaish leaves...cant wait to try it

i have saved clones from all plants for next year....i think ill mostly be doing timewarp and ogchemxtt next year....

CrushnYuba

Nice work it gets tough in my opinion after 8ft of plant . got to plan ahead . what's your regain watering,fertilizing .

think i give them about 18 gallons a day right now. It's water only. I don't liquid feed outdoor plants. Only greenhouse plants get liquid feedings. plants are in amended soil. Nothing during veg. I top dressed with chicken manure at the beginning of stretch. And i will do 2 or 3 top dressings of precipitated Bone meal and potash through flower. My soil mix is just on point. No liquid nutes, no tea. I do not shop at hydro stores.

Vwkindbud: yea i have a trim crew. I have allot of gardens. trim from holloween until spring rolls around. I also have trim machines. A crew bucks the dry bud off the stem. It goes through a dry trimmer. And then i pay a crew to touch it up with scissors.
Strain in picture is blue dream x skittlez x og from clone. They are just fabric pots. You never used a smart pot?
Why can't you have automated watering?