What's new

Anything Outdoor 2018

I just staked mine and some yellowing occurred on one. Must be a little root damage.

Cool thanks man. One thing I’ve learned is ask here first before making any rash decisions. I put it all together tonight while tending them I realized it was only the few I moved that seemed more yellow than the others. Crazy how different the same strains grow from indoor to outdoor

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Benchwarmer- I would use a sandbag or a rock or something like that near the bottom to make sure its secure in a storm.

Thats great Bad Ticket! I used to grow Esbe's stuff for a couple years. What is Super 07? Thanks for sharing!

Decided to try to ride out the storm. The tops are big but not super dense. I don't see any mold either. They need more time to mature the resin. We have to ride it out. Should be mostly dry next week. I found my hand crank, no batteries required flashlight so I can do inspections in the dark now without having to light a campfire. :smoke:

Got some rain today so the fertilizer was washed in! Picked diseased leaves and got a few shots. :smoke:

Dankwolf

Thanks guys!

Dankwolf - those are HUGE!!! You sure know what you’re doing. :yes: :yes:

pipeline - I appreciate the suggestion to weigh it down. I’ve zip-tied the base of the pvc frame to the bottom lateral of the railing. I may hang a weight from the centre also though.
:tiphat:

Its funny the more I learn the more u realize I don't know shit . but thank you I,have spent the better part of my life/free time learning all I can .

two heads

Veteran
Hey fellas quick question, first time for me doing outdoor and I’m seeing a ton of yellowing on some lower leaves and it’s creeping up towards the top of the plant and it’s got me nervous. Now they definitely could need some more food right now as I’ve kept it real light with these girls , what I’m worried about is I have them in fabric pots and a few got real tall so I had to move them about ten feet or so to get them out of sight. When I lifted the pots I could tell the roots had gone a bit through the bottoms of the fabric. Now a few days later I’m seeing this massive yellowing and I’m fearful I’ve stressed them. Is it normal to get yellowing this early? I’ve only done about a year of indoor grows so it’s all new to me. Thanks

I switched to fabric pots last year after 20 years of using Rubbermaid totes or garbage pails and had the same issue you're having. It definitely affected my yield. My guess is that the fabric pots leach out nutrients more easily. I'd suggest fertilizing regularly.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Heavy yield and mold resistant is that a thing you can do outdoors?
PM kicked me indoors years ago along with the rot. I'm running some Bangi regs outside this year and so far no issues with either. No big thick colas yet either as I'm only in the forth week of flower.

We got rainy days now coming up again so we'll see if Dubi's claim of resistance holds up.

It's definitely something you gotta shot for. I've got alot of good prospects for next yr I'm gonna bring in the grow. I've got several strains I'm growing this yr that's looking good I just need some bigger containers and earlier start, better sunlight area. These Swiss strains are breed in mold so maybe give some of those a try. If you do some research there's some strains that might be mold resistant for you. Good luck:tiphat:

Someone said something about keeping there buckets from blowing over in a wind storm
This is a funny thing because I had a nice big 7ft plant get blew over twice a WK or 2 ago. I've tied the bucket to a tree and put 2 heavy rocks in the bucket....it's working great and got a wind storm under it's belt for proof lol. I have to water it every other day at least and just take the rock out when I water. My containers are on a slope but I've got flats dug out.:tiphat:

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
The answer is: Caged up and all alone..

I'll take "What future has in store for me?" for 20, Alex!

I'm sorry, that is incorrect, the right answer is this WS plant from BT:

Not a big yielder, but 98% mold free and looks mostly done. So I'll take it. Trim a bitch like this in 15 minutes, so no worries :) Going down on sunday, tomorrow is beerski time! :tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Got a few pics yesterday to share.

Attachments

• IMG_20180907_155150.jpg
    IMG_20180907_155150.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20180907_155201.jpg
    IMG_20180907_155201.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20180907_154104.jpg
    IMG_20180907_154104.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20180907_154805.jpg
    IMG_20180907_154805.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 14

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Outdoor pics yesterday

Attachments

• IMG_20180907_155125.jpg
    IMG_20180907_155125.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20180907_155239.jpg
    IMG_20180907_155239.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20180907_154621.jpg
    IMG_20180907_154621.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20180907_155257.jpg
    IMG_20180907_155257.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20180907_154147.jpg
    IMG_20180907_154147.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 11

PDX Dopesmoker

Hey fellas quick question, first time for me doing outdoor and I’m seeing a ton of yellowing on some lower leaves and it’s creeping up towards the top of the plant and it’s got me nervous. Now they definitely could need some more food right now as I’ve kept it real light with these girls , what I’m worried about is I have them in fabric pots and a few got real tall so I had to move them about ten feet or so to get them out of sight. When I lifted the pots I could tell the roots had gone a bit through the bottoms of the fabric. Now a few days later I’m seeing this massive yellowing and I’m fearful I’ve stressed them. Is it normal to get yellowing this early? I’ve only done about a year of indoor grows so it’s all new to me. Thanks

Rootbound plants drop their fan leaves really quickly once they get into flower outside, it can look unhealthy but its normal, healthy behavior. There are definitely conditions of poor health that will make a plant drops its leaves too, are you seeing any other symptoms? Are the plants making decent looking flowers? If the flowers are OK, then its not out of the question that the plant is just fine too. I consider it a good sign when my potted plants ditch all their fan leaves because it means that they're making use of some stored nutrition and getting rid of the worthless leaf material at the same time. I had one last summer that was practically self-trimming because it dropped so much leaf by the time I harvest it, the bud was great and the plant was a fantastic oil yielder too, it made a ton of resin. Dropping foliage makes them less vulnerable to heavy winds late in the season when the branches are stiff and heavy also, its not always bad news when they lose their leaves. Don't get me started on the amount of effort it takes to deleaf a big green plant and those big plants usually have weak bud underneath the top layer of foliage because the sunlight can't reach the buds on the inner part of the plant. Too much leaf makes them more vulnerable to problems cause by excessive atmospheric moisture as well. What did I say about don't get me started? Did you read all this bullshit? Way too much words, someone needs to deleaf this post and teach me how to assert some self-control in the future.
Here is a photo of one of my little rootbound plants losing its foliage from the bottom up about 2-3 weeks into flower. I'm only giving it water and it seems pretty happy regardless the small container. If your plant doesn't look much worse than this then you're probably looking at a natural fade possibly exacerbated by the loss of some root mass.
BSCUlDP.jpg

PDX Dopesmoker

Look at how perfect this repeating pattern is
AIHL0df.jpg

Is the angle something genetic that can be selected for or is it more of a function of the growing conditions?
ygRf1Ae.jpg

Look at how perfect this repeating pattern is
View Image

Is the angle something genetic that can be selected for or is it more of a function of the growing conditions?
View Image

That’s pretty cool looking. I have a plant that has done that as a result of topping and lst I can never seem to replicate it though. Would be awesome if it was a genetic thing. Looks great though man keep up the good work

Rootbound plants drop their fan leaves really quickly once they get into flower outside, it can look unhealthy but its normal, healthy behavior. There are definitely conditions of poor health that will make a plant drops its leaves too, are you seeing any other symptoms? Are the plants making decent looking flowers? If the flowers are OK, then its not out of the question that the plant is just fine too. I consider it a good sign when my potted plants ditch all their fan leaves because it means that they're making use of some stored nutrition and getting rid of the worthless leaf material at the same time. I had one last summer that was practically self-trimming because it dropped so much leaf by the time I harvest it, the bud was great and the plant was a fantastic oil yielder too, it made a ton of resin. Dropping foliage makes them less vulnerable to heavy winds late in the season when the branches are stiff and heavy also, its not always bad news when they lose their leaves. Don't get me started on the amount of effort it takes to deleaf a big green plant and those big plants usually have weak bud underneath the top layer of foliage because the sunlight can't reach the buds on the inner part of the plant. Too much leaf makes them more vulnerable to problems cause by excessive atmospheric moisture as well. What did I say about don't get me started? Did you read all this bullshit? Way too much words, someone needs to deleaf this post and teach me how to assert some self-control in the future.
Here is a photo of one of my little rootbound plants losing its foliage from the bottom up about 2-3 weeks into flower. I'm only giving it water and it seems pretty happy regardless the small container. If your plant doesn't look much worse than this then you're probably looking at a natural fade possibly exacerbated by the loss of some root mass.
View Image

Good news man , mine looks very similar to yours and it makes total sense that it’s slightly root bound actually. The only affected plants are my biggest so that’s probably the case. I’ve never ran this strain outside and therefore I’m not used to anything they are doing right now. Usually I control the fade so to speak indoors. Awesome info and I really appreciate you taking the time for the explanation. Nice looking plants btw. Good luck this year my friend

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Looking good brother. Looking like all of those will finish without issue

Can't remember if you said you wanted to try a SSH X for next season or a SSSDH X ?

Yea I think these early finisher will be ok.....I'll probably harvest most of them next few wks if I can push them without budrot or mold. I harvested a Critical Sour female seeds that kept getting a lil mold. It has very close and I decided to harvest her. I'd only cut a few lil buds off her but like I said it's close enough to go ahead and pull her.

I'm thinking of SSH....I've got some nice The Kore from real gorilla that's amnesia x ssh I think. I'm gonna see how they do. They got along way to go, at least 4-5 wks or more. I've got that Cherry Mist from you and some of those GG4 X's, and SD....a few other things too. I nice little Genius Thai plant....it has a distinct C99 smell. I think that Apollo 11-13 has C99 don't it....but anyway the Genius Thai is a nice pineapple smelling bush. I'm gonna harvest 1 of the GG4 X's I've got in a guerilla the next WK or wk after.

I've been out shaking limbs, branches, buds lol.... anything I can do to try and get the water off them. I'm so tired of rain. I also made me a couple of screen trays to dry my buds with. I guess there called drying racks. But I've got a few nice ones fixed up. Like I was saying I've got a few plants that'll be ready for harvest the next WK or 2:tiphat:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Loving that flower structure, Badticket! Whats strain is it? Ws by Bt? Not familiar with it. The cannabis community is big on abbreviations, but it gets confusing sometimes... Thanks for sharing!

PDX- Nice structure there! Its a combination of genetics and environment, mainly light, photosynthetic active radiation. If there's enough light, the plant will send out branches. Thanks for sharing!

Got a few new shots recently! Check out pipeline gardens for the update! Flowers had no mold, so we weathered the tropical depression. We got lucky here with less rain than some other locations. I think we'll be alright as long as the plants dry out soon! God has really blessed our garden this year! I am thankful!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heavy trichome coverage on flower bract (leaf) margins.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Plant after a thunderstorm

picture.php

picture.php

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Lol that's how my plants get with the leaves turned up....very nice plants by the way.

The rain is just killing me, seems like I'm out here at dusk trying to shake water off my plants....I dunno if it helps but it's something I do if it rains late afternoon.

I'm following the weather as I'm sure many on the EC are. The hurricane....think Florence is the name. Looks like end of the coming week it's gonna make landfall. Looks like Thursday Friday and I'm sure were gonna be dealing with a lot of rain from this. I'm thinking of maybe harvesting a plant or 2 maybe.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Amazing plants everyone! I've been meaning to get out in daytime to get pics but we've been having insane amounts of rain. It's been going for 24 hours straight over here!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Damn after watching more about this Hurricane Florence it's looking like some decisions are gonna have to be made. Anything that's close to harvest is gonna have to be pulled. They're already saying this storm is gonna stale on the East coast and produce devestating rains. I think we're already under a state of emergency. All you guys East coast and definitely inland better watch the weather and figure out wtf your gonna do. I've got alot I could harvest that's already stacked up good with nice resin sticky buds. But I've got a few that's just not ready to harvest. I'm probably gonna get some tarps, stakes, ties..... anything I can think of to try to keep what I don't harvest upright to hopefully survive. This season has been so fucking hard I swear it's been rough. Maybe we can bounce some suggestions off each other that might help us keep what we don't harvest alive. I'm concerned with the winds also.... definitely the rain and of course mold and budrot. We've got our hands full looks like East coast. They seem to think the path that's coming accross us is gonna produce serve flooding. The storm is basically gonna stall out on the EC.....sorry to rant guys but please watch some weather.

Chunkpigs those are super nice friend. Really glad you shared those. I noticed you grow in growbags. I've used grow bags and buckets/pots this yr. I seen a post about the grow bags not working as good as plastic buckets, I'm kinda starting to wonder myself. I've got plants bigger in 5gal buckets than they are in 10gal grow bags. But in my 30gal grow bags my plants are nice and big. I didn't have a 30gal plastic pot to use this yr but I'm starting to think/believe the roots might grow better in plastic containers. But I guess that's a whole different discussion. Keep the pics coming friend those are plump and frosty!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts