What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything Outdoor 2018

If you were to top dress with soluble seaweed powder and let the rain activate it and break it down sending it down to the roots would it be worth it? Or would you be waisting your money? I know that it’s not cheap I mean 27 oz for $60? Don’t seem like you could top dress many plants with 27 oz’s? I usually top dress heavy and they guzzle it up! Can someone educate me some on this please.. I took mountain buds suggestion serious and ordered 30 lbs of bat guano to do a test run haha (which I don’t think will go far if I top dress with about a cup per plant?) .. so I’d like a good organic potassium to compliment the guano on my test run. I’m excited to see if there’s a big difference in running organis thru flowering opposed to feeding slow release chemical and having it flushed out a couple weeks before harvest.. with my style of growing/my style of life (lol I’m ALWAYS busy) I don’t see my plants as much as I feel like a lot of you guys do.. which sucks.. but that’s besides the point.. any info on the soluble seaweed topdress would be great :woohoo:

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice work caliprop! Sorry to hear the mites are still there. We are so blessed here we don't have many problems with mites!

Hey if you are considering how much it costs to grow don't forget to add a labor/equipment charge on there. Start it at 50-60/hr but be fair about the time. Smoke breaks don't count! May even be a lease charge for the land. I don't ever ask for money when I gift out my herb, but I really have no idea what I spend. I could just ask for fertilizer money. Since I'm doing all the work.

Nice healthy little bush there WV! Get those pics figured out. Use microsoft paint to rotate them. I can't wait to see your late start garden. That one is pretty far along and super stealth really! Thanks for sharing!

I am fast approaching pollen drop if it didn't already happen today. The champion house indica male is a couple days behind on flower, and the other male is ready to pollinate any day now. I thought about pruning back the more developed male to give the other a chance to pollinate, but its important to have a diversity I don't want to stunt the male and he not drop pollen on time. Its open pollination, so its normal to have some pollinating ahead of others. Trying to get a seedstock with a mixture of both males. Any advice.

Pollinating until about Aug 15th to get partially seeded flowers. May be earlier if the females progress far enough.

The plants have really responded to the 2 days of 1 inch of soft rain in a row! All nodes toward the tops are growing. The fan leaves all the way to the top are expanded out to catch the sun now. We are getting some great stretch weather sunny and 85-90 F. We have rain coming in the forecast early next week with a half inch possible! Thank you God for your perfect creation! Help us to put our full trust in You! Amen.

How about a couple views?

Champion House Indica pheno male

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Other House Indica pheno male

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Top leaves fully expanded! Go cannabis! Rightous plant! Keep fighting the good fight guys! Keep praying!

picture.php

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've use the maxi crop soluble in water/ mix it with my nutes. I've done it that way for ever. I don't know if top dressing would be the best useage. Like you said it's expensive....there's a guy that posted back couple pages that knew about everything seaweed related. I'd message him and see what he thinks. But I think to use it a lot....I mix 1/2-1tea a gal at least every other time

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I've done a lot of work today. Started this morning foliar feeding everything. My damn sprayer is giving me trouble. I'm gonna grab that $5 one at Walmart. I finally got them all done after I screwed with that for ever. And with all the rains flushing out the nutes I decided to fertilize everything. It's a job watering my plants. I can pull the water hose out to them. Then I mix up everything and ph it basically in a 2.5gal bucket then pour it into a container/plant. My plants are on a steep hillside. I've got flats dug out for the plants but it's hard tracking around the hillside. Especially when it's wet and basically like walking on ice....yes like I said I bust my ass good today. I've fell pretty hard a few times this yr. But when I see these guys with these hoses and automatic watering lines and system it sucks. I wish so bad it was legal and/ or I could get away with the huge containers and auto watering. It's been a hard short season on me so far this yr. I've got a lot of dr app. for my foot: back, plus seeing a gastonrogist. It's about 1.5hrs each way to see a dr. I'd love to live back in civilization lol. My yrs in the Midwest close to Chicago with everything easy to do makes living back in the Mtns very hard. I've been back 6-7yrs and still can't get used to living so dated from the rest of the world. Sorry to rant guys I'm very tired....a shower and to bed, maybe find a movie.

Typed a good reply and hit a button on the mouse with my elbow and it almost all disappeared!

Got to love the mountains. Its rough out there, but its wild and wonderful!

You've had to push yourself this year to get the crop in! Hope the doctors can get you figured out! Take care of yourself my friend!

What do you foliar feed with? How often is it done? Schrews does theirs once a week! Good idea keeping the nutrients going. Excessive rain can start to leach water soluble nutrients down further into the soil profile below the feeder roots.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
That's a nice jungle you have pipeline!! I'm using a iPhone for photos. I don't have a super nice camera. But these iPhones have a half decent cam. I dunno why they went sideways....in my photos there straight and I upload and they flip. I've seen a ton of guys having this problem. I just turned my phone a different way and they went back straight. I dunno icmag worked best for me 8-10yrd ago when I had a laptop and dragged them. But I only use this iPhone now for internet and everything. Thanks a lot for sharing your photos guys !!!

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks! Sounds like you have great growing weather going on! May be a little on the wet side, but at least it drains well out in the mountains! That Krystal Limit looks like a fast moving little bush! Super stealth garden! Looking forward to the rest of the pics!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea I've got the soil under my containers dug down good.....but like you said all that American Pride/marine cuisine has to be washing down with all this rain. I've got holes cut in the bottom so the roots can grow through to the ground. I've got some tiger bloom and other nutes on the way. I just had the Alaska stuff to start out.

Yes I've got a lot of foot and back/ neck problems. I've had several bad car accidents from my wild partying days. There's not a lot can be done I'm having opinions about a heel replacement but I'm not really sure yet if I wanna do that. Thanks for your well wishes I really appriciate that

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I've just been using 1tea of seaweed to foliar feed. I've don't it about every 2wks or so. I'd like to try that foliage feed that I think dyna gro or somebody makes....maybe nx yr on that. Yea we've had major flooding and mudslides....it's to the point things are very dangerous around here. I'm afraid to go out and look and see the mtn slid off with my plants....or worse the hillside slide into our home. There's a few homes that people had to leave because fear of slides. But there's a holler beside my grow area that water runs out of pretty strong. I'm just hoping it drys up around Sept....yea it's decent growing weather just hot humid and wet....been 90s 75-100% humidity all the time. These Cristal Limit supposed to be mold resuistent lol looks like we'll see

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Those are drupping a lot it was around dark and they were laying down lol. That 4th lil one is a Chem OG. I've got a couple of nice lil Jack Herer from Seedsman and a couple nice plants from RealGorilla I need to get pics of

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
That Strawberry Diesel is growing like crazy....I wish that pic was took a few hrs earlier when she was standing up. But it's about 5ft....those are planted in the ground. I can't call them guerilla plants like some might would. I can tend to them daily so I consider them basically container plants/or plants in the container area. I can't remember if I put slow release ferts in those holes or what. I've planted so many guerilla plants I don't really remember on some of them. But I'm about 98% sure I put a lil in those 2 holes.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Looking good brother. All your girls are looking healthy. Next few months should be exciting

That SD has went crazy the pic doesn't do her justice also that lil Genius Thai has bushed out. Those are gonna take awhile still so I'm expecting them to get pretty big. Also BUckeye I visited that guerilla patch with the Cherry Mist and those GG4 x and there looking good. I'm gonna get back up there the nx 3-5days and check them again.

And yes KY everything pictured is fems. The Cristal Limit are fem seeds. Thanks a lot guys I know there not the huge Cali/Oregon trees but it's not intended for that. I'd give anything to be able to do those huge things but for now that's how it is.

Bad as I hate to say this keep your eyes open for snakes....yes fuckin snakes. Some people I know killed a huge rattlesnake, like 10rattlers and the butt:button.....this thing is 4ft and I've never seen a fatter/big rattler. I've seen more rattlers but just how fàt this damn thing is. Well I've looked for snakes all yr/sometimes I just go on and hope for the best. But around my guerilla patch there's tons of downed trees a rattler could blend into easy .....a bunch of trees I gotta climb over. I pray to get through I'll buy some snake chaps for sure nx yr. But maybe take it a step slower and take your dog to get out front. Mine stays behind on the way and leads coming back lol. Which is fine I'll split it 50/50 with her. Damn dog nibbling on some bottom leaves. I gotta watch her, plus I'm glad the plants are bigger she loved to walk on top of them when they were smaller. She's so fat a gotta help her over some trees but I like having her with me I'm afraid to pop up on a bear also. Hopefully her barking or being present might help, I dunno but one time I thought she went home and I was digging holes and I heard something in the thicket and I swear looked like a cub....I damn near took a heart attack:biggrin: