What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anything Outdoor 2018

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Looking good brother. Nice and healthy. Look forward to see how they stack them flowers for you. That Km x cb looks to be cherry dominate by the big fan leafs. Would she happen to have red streaks in the main stems ?

Man I'm glad you seen those. I'm not sure about the red streaks I was just glad the CM was a fem cause that's the only fem I got of CM. I'll check her out when I go back up there. That other patch of 3 is GG4 x GQ( goblin queen) with a White Biker in the middle of them. After I took those pics I tied those down some to help them bush out some more. I got a few of the Genius Thai, Strawberry Diesel, and that LD x Gb....also got a couple of the fems that got the shit x in them.....so I got some fems going of a lot of the x's. Maybe I can bring home I decent fem or 2 outta them. I'll keep ya posted on the CM. I can imagine how big these would've got if I'd got to start my growing season earlier. Thanks a lot Buckeye if there's anything you need just pm me brother.:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Healthy looking brood KB.

Thanks man the only thing I really have done is put a slow release fertilizer in the hole.....think it's a 12-12-12. That's native soil all the way....I'd love to have been able to got some good dirt up there. That patch of 3 had 3 huge 6ft males I culled out. But there's another patch or so I didn't get to photo because I big rain come while I was up there steakin them and tying them down and spraying neem and deer repellent and other maintainance. Those plants have grew like crazy the last 3wks lol....they were very very small. I know there still small but they were basically seedlings when I puttem in the ground. Thanks buddy :tiphat:

Dankwolf

Plants are really taking off now.

Plants are really taking off now.

Pkants are 9ft wide by 9ft tall roughly . Potters are 11ft wide by 2 1/2 ft tall . Hope every one is haveing a freat season .i kind of slacked this year so plants,are a bit out of shape .

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Lol kinda slacked???? I'd hate to see something you didn't slack on brother. Those are like jack and the fuckin bean stock. You gonna have to get a fire truck out there to climb to the top. That's some beautiful work friend be proud....yea we all could've done better but fuck you might end up with 5lb off that beast??? What you think 3-5lb by harvest ???? You Cali guys can grow some weed outdoors that's for sure. I'd love to have a large container like that next yr if I thought I could get away with it.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I'm sorry your a Oregon grower ain't you??? Same difference Cali/Oregon guys are a few steps way ahead of most everybody....gotta give respect to you guys that's point blank just amazing plants.

Dankwolf

I'm sorry your a Oregon grower ain't you??? Same difference Cali/Oregon guys are a few steps way ahead of most everybody....gotta give respect to you guys that's point blank just amazing plants.

ya oregon boys lol. Mu goal was 20 a plant . I am thinking i will only get 8-15 a plant all weather depending . They still have 2- 3 months to go

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Damn that's crazy.....you guys look like you have good weather. It's always nice and sunny lookin. I'd rather grow a few huge plants if it was legal here. Can't wait to see the harvest. What strains you got going there????

Dankwolf

Damn that's crazy.....you guys look like you have good weather. It's always nice and sunny lookin. I'd rather grow a few huge plants if it was legal here. Can't wait to see the harvest. What strains you got going there????

Cotton candy : inddor out door pics

picture.php
picture.php

Affie: indoor outdoor pics

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Mtf south ( tang) by accident lol

PDX Dopesmoker

ya oregon boys lol. Mu goal was 20 a plant . I am thinking i will only get 8-15 a plant all weather depending . They still have 2- 3 months to go

Those orchard trees are looking impressive, really healthy. Do you think you're getting some of the increased performance out of the wider & flatter containers like you thought you might?

Dankwolf

Those orchard trees are looking impressive, really healthy. Do you think you're getting some of the increased performance out of the wider & flatter containers like you thought you might?

For sure. The large potters reduce the amount of training needed to keep plants wide and round for maxim yeild .

The only reason they arr as small as they are is lack of time for plant training and lack of supplemental lightinh when i first put them out . Also soil had 0 days to bake before plants went in . Lack of time for foiler feeding has stunted them alot.

I am sure if i correct these issues i can hit 15 a plant . Not bad considering they are from clone . I can wait to run seeds next year (my crosses).:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Do you mix perlite,vermiculite or something to help your soil drain better??? Man I'm sure your crosses will be great. Those buds are nice. I'm running a few Affi-daze from real gorilla but there very small. I pretty much had to start everything under a fluro and then straight outdoors. I no longer have a indoor grow room, since I've moved back to wv 5yrs ago I've not been able to run indoors because security reasons. The security reasons have really put the clamps on my growing indoors and out. But I'm happy to have the outdoor stuff up and going.

Dankwolf

Do you mix perlite,vermiculite or something to help your soil drain better??? Man I'm sure your crosses will be great. Those buds are nice. I'm running a few Affi-daze from real gorilla but there very small. I pretty much had to start everything under a fluro and then straight outdoors. I no longer have a indoor grow room, since I've moved back to wv 5yrs ago I've not been able to run indoors because security reasons. The security reasons have really put the clamps on my growing indoors and out. But I'm happy to have the outdoor stuff up and going.

My soil mix : damk wolf outdoor mix

2/3 yard : local volcanic ash/sand
2/3 yard : 5 year aged hourse manure (only alfalfa feed)
1/4 yard hemlock mulch
1 40lb bag earth worm castings
2 cups down to earth high p bat guano
2 cups down to earth alfalfa meal
2 cups down to earth kelp meal
3 cups lime
3 cups pure gypsum
1/4 cup microize
1/8 cup epsome salt

Then sprayed down with 1 tbs hi brix molasses/ 1/2 tbs micro for earth juice per gallon of water . 3 gallons of this per batch .

:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
The sand and volcano ash helps aerate the soil like the perlite and stuff. I mix local river sand into my soil but I didn't use it this yr. I can only imagine the work to get 1 of those pools of soil mixed up. Those are what 500-1000gals each? I'd love to grow in 1 of those things....maybe grow a tree myself lol

Dankwolf

The sand and volcano ash helps aerate the soil like the perlite and stuff. I mix local river sand into my soil but I didn't use it this yr. I can only imagine the work to get 1 of those pools of soil mixed up. Those are what 500-1000gals each? I'd love to grow in 1 of those things....maybe grow a tree myself lol

They are 10+ yards each potter so roughly 2000 gallon lol:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Wow your on another level my friend. I remember 12-15yrs ago indoors everybody was doing these micro grows and I was doing 5-10gal buckets indoors when most guys was doing small stuff. I was like the bigger your pot/soil the bigger your plants. The big container thing is definately here and going to elite levels....man 2000 I think that's some of the largest containers I've seen. I've always been a believer in these big containers lol I never dreamed it would get to 2000gal. I was off the forums about 10yrs almost and you guys have started just killing it with these big plants. I know micro grows are for a reason but I never really believed in it. Now 5-10 gal indoors is small as back 12yrs ago it was big.....I knew a guy that used totes indoors back them was like the biggest. Do you plan to maybe try bigger 2500-4000gal pots in the future??? If your pulling 10-20lb a plant. I guess it depends on how much more the harvest is if it would benifit to go 3000-4000gal....just amazing work with the beds/soil alone not evening talking how insane/beautiful your plants look

Dankwolf

Wow your on another level my friend. I remember 12-15yrs ago indoors everybody was doing these micro grows and I was doing 5-10gal buckets indoors when most guys was doing small stuff. I was like the bigger your pot/soil the bigger your plants. The big container thing is definately here and going to elite levels....man 2000 I think that's some of the largest containers I've seen. I've always been a believer in these big containers lol I never dreamed it would get to 2000gal. I was off the forums about 10yrs almost and you guys have started just killing it with these big plants. I know micro grows are for a reason but I never really believed in it. Now 5-10 gal indoors is small as back 12yrs ago it was big.....I knew a guy that used totes indoors back them was like the biggest. Do you plan to maybe try bigger 2500-4000gal pots in the future??? If your pulling 10-20lb a plant. I guess it depends on how much more the harvest is if it would benifit to go 3000-4000gal....just amazing work with the beds/soil alone not evening talking how insane/beautiful your plants look

I did lot if research when choosing 2000 gallon potters. They are big rnough to hit my 20 unit goal yet are small enough to not waist soil to yield ratios . As potters get bigger the gallon of soil to yeild drops considerabley after 1400 gallons . Also my personal experiance from last year showed no significant root groth past 28" inches if depth henc the potters depth .

Indoor i use 3 gallon pots . But i plant rooted clones strait to tgem soon as i see roots tgen veg 5-7 days then striat to flower (plants finish at 3 ft tall). I see no reson to waist electric for veg . Cost vrs yeild thing.

Thank ypu for all tge kind words i have spent tge better part of my life learning everytging i could about plants/strians, soil , botney , boligey and as of recent chemistry.yet i still cant spell gor shit lol.

:tiphat:

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea no doubt I've studied growing cannabis for at least 20yrs....from overgrow, to icmag Jorge's books. I've loved the learning and studying of this plant.....I basically know ever word on every page of those grow bibles. I respect the study and time researching what I can tell is everything you do every step. Your grows definatly show...,I know your not 100% happy this yr but still your in the top of any grower out here friend. So your research says around 1400gal it started to get into negatives...so your probably not gonna try anything much over the 2000gal are you? I was gonna ask you were you got into having to much soil that really wasn't helping, but you answered that. I'll tell you 10-20lb plants that's some growing brother nobody can dispute that lol. Back when I was doing big indoor grows it was believed that a deeper garbage can type pot was the best....people were saying the roots went straight down deep and narrow. I was really amazed that these 36in deep huge round pool type containers were the way to go. We used to do the elevated potting method and stuff like that 10+yrs ago....as like I said guys thought the deep containers were better. It's obvious that the containers like you guys have really proved that theory wrong. So your roots seem to spread straight out around 28in??? I've read a lot about this since I got back on the forums....ya know trying to catch up on some knowledge I've missed out on while I took my break from growing. It's really nice to see a grower that's really likes learning/studying cannabis growing....it used to be my favorite hobby, I'm picking back up since I got back on the forums. I love studying and learning too. I've always said it doesn't matter if you've grew 15yrs or 30yrs you'll see something you don't know or somebody doing things a better way or learn something....at least something to experiment with sometimes even once you have a routine set in stone.

caliprop215

Veteran
Looking good everyone.

My plants arent happy...i over neemed or somthing leaf burnt and curld fuckin suck right before flower

Got trellis and tied the biggest one down today

Attachments

• 20180724_143150.jpg
    20180724_143150.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20180724_150017.jpg
    20180724_150017.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 9