What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone want to play an old sesame street game?

One of these things is not like the others

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 62.5%

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

singlecoiled

I suddenly hate you lol. When you convert those prices into £, it's only 4/5 of the price. I'd buy rather than grow at those prices. It costs me more in electricity alone. At 60¢ a kw. electric isn't cheap here, then time and equipment, the space it takes up, lower incomes. I'm flying to Mexico and entering illegally so I can get my $2000 and free accommodation 😉.

Sorry man ! Yeah the weed thing is weird here, I'm not sure why but its lost some of its magic now that its so easy to get.

Out of curiosity, your from the UK? I didnt know sesame street made it to the UK...

Reactions: GMT

singlecoiled

Sesame street made it everywhere. Yeah I'm in UK, England. Oscar was always my favourite. He was the only one who called things as he saw them. Seemed like everyone else was on valium.

Its crazy, there are a lot of things us Yanks dont know about brits, this is one of them. I think of BBC TV when I think of England and thought Sesame Street was only in the US..

AND I was married to a girl from Manchester for a few years.... It was crazy learning all the differences we have... For instance, my wifes face turned bright red when a street vendor had "fanny packs" for sale... Apparently fanny means two different things..

Another time she told me she was pissed and I kept asking her why she was angry.... She kept saying, I'm not angry I'm pissed?. I could go on and on....

I did learn about Indian food and curry though... Odd, when most US people think of English food we think of Tea, fish and chips and meat pies, not spicy curry !

Love your TV and comedy though. always been a huge fan of Black Adder, Allo Allo, Fawlty Towers, Monty Python etc...

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Oh now you're talking. Magic roundabout, clangers, Ivor the engine, captain pugwash, and of course bagpuss, all before the 6 o clock news every weeknight.

My first car was called Mr Rusty after the character on the Magic Roundabout. Let’s just say it turned out to be far too appropriate a name.
That evening to routine was almost law back then, mainly I suspect because we only had 3 or 4 channels to watch. The Flumps, camberwick Green, so much good, wholesome, trippy stuff. And they wonder why we turned out how we did!

Ca++

I think the leap to begin a medicinal scene here has a lot to do with what I'm seeing here in the UK. The street weed is all bark and no bite. Terps are everything on the street as it's aimed at kids, rather than older smokers. The older folks who are looking for something stronger, something a little old school, can now go to the state and drop their pants for the man. By giving up your anonymity, and paying the doctors for private prescriptions, and paying the legal outlets, and having every gram you smoke on the record, you can now, I am informed, get some fairly decent smoke. So for bite, you go to the state, for bark you can go to the street. It separates the market.

Through the ages, I have had a different goal, to those around me that sell it all. They are after the strongest, but I like a nice taste. I like certain effects. Smoothness comes way before strength on my list of priorities. It's a unanimous decision, that I'm the grower, a grower buys from.
I see overall strength as barely important. The guy with little, wants to use little, mixed in with tobacco. This problem doesn't concern me. As a grower, I'm not trying to make a little bit go a long way. I could have something just half as strong, then use twice as much. Problem solved. I occasionally do something strong, just for shits and giggles. However strength is a measure I rarely judge my weed by. It's more of a byproduct, that just comes along with good weed.
Sometimes I have a gap to fill, so one of my outdoors gets used indoors. It produces a really strong smoke, with great yield, but a poor taste indoors. It's a commercial champion, and one friend thinks it's my best. I want to flush him...

I'm a bit old for Sesame Street.
iu

Though little weed is before my time
iu

Trumpton though.. Now that was some action stuff

Ca++

I think I may of crossed paths in the 90s..

Edit:
WARNING: This song is highly addictive, and should not be played in a residential area

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Camberwick and trumpton were classics, ok I see where this is going, anyone remember the banana splits?
Can anyone remember the cartoon with the two cats who hated each other either side of a fence. One was blue I'm sure. It was ..... And .....
They made a rave track out of that too in the 90's. It's really doing my head in. Tried Google, tried YouTube, tried Google assistant humming it, no matches. It goes danalala, danalala, na, na na, na nah, danalalah, danalalah, na, na na, na nah.
Lol

Ok it wasn't two cats, and neither was blue lol. Roobarb and custard

Last edited:

Ca++

One banana
Two banana
Three banana
Four.

Five banana
Six banana
Seven banana
More

Tra la la, la la la, tra la la, la la, Lar

No. Never heard of it :)

I wasn't allowed to speak of rhubarb and custard. It was too naughty. A bit like seaman stains, and roger the cabin boy.

• Haha

Ca++

UK here too. Sesame Street was a staple weekend necessity when I was a pup. My question is did the US get The Magic Roundabout?
A little sleuthing, finds the original french cartoon, had entirely different storylines over scenes from the french version. Many countries actually had a version, and the US got theirs decades later. It was the magic carousel, and almost word for word, a translation from the french version.

In better news, it's due to make another appearance this year. With stories that blend the french and BBC objectives.

English Magic seeds episode

A little sleuthing, finds the original french cartoon, had entirely different storylines over scenes from the french version. Many countries actually had a version, and the US got theirs decades later. It was the magic carousel, and almost word for word, a translation from the french version.

In better news, it's due to make another appearance this year. With stories that blend the french and BBC objectives.

English Magic seeds episode

Good sleuthing. I knew the first bit about ours being a bastardisation of the French original but the rest is interesting news. I suspect I will be watching the new episodes with a celebratory doob (vape these days) just like the old days watching my old tired Magic Roundabout video tape on Whisky and Weed Wednesdays.

Good sleuthing. I knew the first bit about ours being a bastardisation of the French original but the rest is interesting news. I suspect I will be watching the new episodes with a celebratory doob (vape these days) just like the old days watching my old tired Magic Roundabout video tape on Whisky and Weed Wednesdays.
The old days at uni that was, I wasn’t a drunk AND stoned toddler. Just drunk. My mum used to feed me a glass of babycham to put me to sleep. Ah the good old days!