What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone want to play an old sesame street game?

One of these things is not like the others

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 5 62.5%

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

singlecoiled

Youtube

sesame street game

6c48c2f0f8d8579a4751f534f4fa4ca0.jpg

red-roses-flower-rose-pictures-501.jpg

skunk2.jpg

wp7212859.jpg

• Love
Reactions: GMT

singlecoiled

3. Pepe le pew, a) cartoon not real photo, b) bad smell not good smell.
😁.
Need answers to be hidden so more than one person can play at a time.

Final answer?

I'm outta energy after posting this topic, not sure if I'll take it any further. There is a point to this though..

singlecoiled

3. Pepe le pew, a) cartoon not real photo, b) bad smell not good smell.
😁.
Need answers to be hidden so more than one person can play at a time.

OK, cup of coffee in me, my energy is back up so I created a poll.. Not sure if I did it right, but cast a vote if you'd like. I'll get to the point later..

So, your answer may or may not be correct, three of the things are clearly known for odor right? Apple Pie smells good but isnt in the same league as perfume, skunk, and a lovely flower...Not saying your wrong, just hiding the answer until later..

Next Poll we'll do the count if you'd like. 2nd poll is 2 Mahahahahahhahaha 2 hahahahaah

The 80's Sesame Count

• Love

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
1 of these things, is not like the others, 1 of these things is not the same.

When you said we'll do the count, I was expecting, 1,2,3,4,5, - 6,7,8,9,10, - 11,12, as we whirl around the pinball machine 😁. Poor kids these days, they're missing out on that fun.

singlecoiled

1 of these things, is not like the others, 1 of these things is not the same.

When you said we'll do the count, I was expecting, 1,2,3,4,5, - 6,7,8,9,10, - 11,12, as we whirl around the pinball machine 😁. Poor kids these days, they're missing out on that fun.

Dam ! I remember this from way way back when. I'll watch again tronight after a hit or two... !

One thing for sure, this thread will weed out the young from the old. Thats part of my point. Things have changed a LOT...

singlecoiled

OK, all. I am old, very old. I smoked weed in the early 80's up to the 90's and quit for over 30 years.... Take that in, 30 years.

I'm sorry, but weed has gone downhill since the 80s, most of it is complete garbage today. Why? (note my personal opinion from an old timers perspective)

Because of skunk making its way into almost every strain available today ... I dont know if people realize it but Skunk is an offensive odor. Just like the smell of doo doo, it smells bad for a reason telling us to stay away.

Weed used to smell good until skunk took over.. I was there when skunk started to hit the streets (hated it then hate it now)... I will give you this, it was and is very potent, but at the cost of smelling like a Golden Retriever playing with Pepe Le Pew.... (get out the tomtatoe juice)

Anyway, I'm just an old timer yelling at the Skunk clouds. Weed should smell nice if you ask me, pleasant. Dont take offense please, this is just coming from someone that remembers when weed smelled good. Thank god for Northern Lights, one of the good ones. It smells like perfume, apple pie and lovely flowers. Yes, a "slight" twinge of skunk, but thats the way it should be if you ask me...

Yeah, I know all weed has some skunk odor, but dam all, its been taken too far. Grind up a bud now and its like a skunk orgy on a hot summer day. (end of venting)

The Answer

skunk2.jpg

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
There were three options here at that time.
Skunk, northern lights and orange bud. OB was always the popular choice. Eventually Durban poison took over then the jack started to make the rounds. After that I picked up some of shantibaba's O B. seeds in Amsterdam in a green package. Smuggled them back to the UK assuming they were illegal lol. Then we were back to smoking O.B. 😁

singlecoiled

Yeah man ! I think you know where I'm coming from. We called the really good stuff Sinsemilla, Indica, or just weed back in the day. I think Northern Lights was one of the great ones around a lot back then, it smelled lovely.

I'll have to check out the orange bud, someone else recommended this. I grew Durban Poison, loved it ! (slight skunk, but passable and smelled great)... Jack is another that has my attention.

I just looked at Master Kush, but I'll pass after reading this. Funny, its supposed to be low odor too...

Master Kush=

Hindu Kush x Skunk

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I wouldn't bother, there's a reason they disappeared shortly after. The 90's stuff that started hitting early on was better. The calio O replaced the orange bud because it actually had an orange taste. The "heavy" aka Afghani had more of a hard hit to it. This replaced the northern lights around here, probably a cross of nl but hey. The Durban stuck around for a while, but then faded away. Then as I said, I started growing and lost interest in what others had, I only cared what my crew wanted. And they were happy with orange bud, then blueberry was the thing. I got a shock when decades later I tried other people's weed. It was shit comparatively . Nothing hit hard enough to be worth smoking. Even today, no one sells decent gear, that stays in their inner circles, everything commercial is shite for kids.
Some folks talk about getting great weed when they were young, but mostly Americans who were around in the 60's 70's, that's not me though.
Early 90's was the golden age for street weed in this area, prob diff in diff areas. Hash was more popular than anything green. More variety, far cheaper, and commonly stronger. Then as the hash went down hill, late 90's, the green came back. By then I didn't care what the street was doing.

singlecoiled

I wouldn't bother, there's a reason they disappeared shortly after. The 90's stuff that started hitting early on was better. The calio O replaced the orange bud because it actually had an orange taste. The "heavy" aka Afghani had more of a hard hit to it. This replaced the northern lights around here, probably a cross of nl but hey. The Durban stuck around for a while, but then faded away. Then as I said, I started growing and lost interest in what others had, I only cared what my crew wanted. And they were happy with orange bud, then blueberry was the thing. I got a shock when decades later I tried other people's weed. It was shit comparatively . Nothing hit hard enough to be worth smoking. Even today, no one sells decent gear, that stays in their inner circles, everything commercial is shite for kids.
Some folks talk about getting great weed when they were young, but mostly Americans who were around in the 60's 70's, that's not me though.
Early 90's was the golden age for street weed in this area, prob diff in diff areas. Hash was more popular than anything green. More variety, far cheaper, and commonly stronger. Then as the hash went down hill, late 90's, the green came back. By then I didn't care what the street was doing.

Man, its good to chat with you. I wasnt there for the changes you saw such as blueberry. I'm defninatley not one of the guys knocking the potency of todays strains compared to the 70's 80's. Its just the odor I dont like. Back in my day you could walk around with a half an ounce in your pocket loosely wrapped and nobody knew.

Thanks for the compliment on my NL, I love this stuff. Funny, I see it offered by most of my dispenseries here in the Wash DC area. It's still hanging in there and competing with todays strains.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I think the leap to begin a medicinal scene here has a lot to do with what I'm seeing here in the UK. The street weed is all bark and no bite. Terps are everything on the street as it's aimed at kids, rather than older smokers. The older folks who are looking for something stronger, something a little old school, can now go to the state and drop their pants for the man. By giving up your anonymity, and paying the doctors for private prescriptions, and paying the legal outlets, and having every gram you smoke on the record, you can now, I am informed, get some fairly decent smoke. So for bite, you go to the state, for bark you can go to the street. It separates the market.

singlecoiled

I think the leap to begin a medicinal scene here has a lot to do with what I'm seeing here in the UK. The street weed is all bark and no bite. Terps are everything on the street as it's aimed at kids, rather than older smokers. The older folks who are looking for something stronger, something a little old school, can now go to the state and drop their pants for the man. By giving up your anonymity, and paying the doctors for private prescriptions, and paying the legal outlets, and having every gram you smoke on the record, you can now, I am informed, get some fairly decent smoke. So for bite, you go to the state, for bark you can go to the street. It separates the market.

Interesting, it sounds like things are very different in the UK than my area. Its completely legal now and the market is flooded with just about anything you want. At one time a zip set you back 300 bucks, the same weed is selling for $100 an ounce now. Its almost not worth growing.

Its interesting to see things shift, at one time it was all Runtz, Wedding Cakes, etc.. You know, the new flavors of the day. But now I'm seeing old school strains all the time. Almost every dispensery and delivery service has Durban Poison, Northern Lights, Acupulco Gold, Panama Red, Maui Wowie, Afghani etc..

High tolerance? Dont think something like Northern Lights will get you high? I think many might be very suprised at the punch this low odor strain has...

• Wow

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Wow, that's so unfair, (gmt looks up plane ticket prices to new York 😂).
I'm sitting here dry, looking at another 9 week wait 😭. Only thing available (since I don't want to register with the state) being crazy prices, not completely dry, and I suspect sprayed with tobacco flavouring sprays to give it more "bag appeal". 😡
Still I can't afford for prices to drop so low 😉.

singlecoiled

Wow, that's so unfair, (gmt looks up plane ticket prices to new York 😂).
I'm sitting here dry, looking at another 9 week wait 😭. Only thing available (since I don't want to register with the state) being crazy prices, not completely dry, and I suspect sprayed with tobacco flavouring sprays to give it more "bag appeal". 😡
Still I can't afford for prices to drop so low 😉.

I was going to post a price list from one of my local dispenseries, but I'm not sure its ok on this forum.

Its really weird here now in the states, where I live weed is almost free. People used to be stingy and hold onto their stashes, now people hand out weed for free...I visit gardening stores (nurseries) in my area and there are so many people growing its crazy. One of the nursery managers doesnt like smoking weed, he just hands me big bags of buds for nothing to try. (I got Black Widow and Space Queen to sample last visit) He loves growing it, not smoking it... I see this a lot !

I can grow legally were I live, up to 4 plants. I only grow one plant at a time and my weed is piling up ! I cant smoke it fast enough and it gets old long before I finish it. Hell, I have some Durban Poison I grew two years ago that I still havent gone through yet.

80-100 bucks a zip and if you buy in bulk its even cheaper....Ive left the prices off, but here is a menu example... This is just the Indica Menu, they also have Sativa and Hybrid with the same number of strains to choose from. Its crazy ! On top of that this is just one service, we have dozens to choose from .....They deliver too just like Dominoes Pizza.

Indica Menu

Northern Lights
THC: 26%

Lemon Jack

Super glue

Super Jack
THC: 27%

Tangerine Dream
THC: 24%

Willie Nelson

Black D.O.G
THC: 19.5%

Bubba Kush
THC: 20%

Dragon berry
THC: 23%

Frost Cake
THC: 22%

Gumbo

Master Kush

Monster Cookies

Purple Jolly Ranch
THC: 22.8%

Sugar Breath

THC: 22%

White OG

THC: 21%

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I suddenly hate you lol. When you convert those prices into £, it's only 4/5 of the price. I'd buy rather than grow at those prices. It costs me more in electricity alone. At 60¢ a kw. electric isn't cheap here, then time and equipment, the space it takes up, lower incomes. I'm flying to Mexico and entering illegally so I can get my $2000 and free accommodation 😉.

Latest posts

Latest posts