What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

anyone using jacks 5-12-26 and calnit in coco?

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
thanks there can be only one.jk ;) the gg4 is a clone only. it was the forth seed plant or some shit and was shared with the forum community by joseywales here. there were siblings but they never went anywhere it is its own thing. although recenty people selfedit and made gg#4 s1's. but this is the clone original cut in my pic..

krinen

I'm running Jack's in Coco with awesome results. No Cal or Mag issues anymore! Running a EC of 1.2-1.5 depending on where they are veg/flower. Maybe it's the coco you are running? Are you using RO water? Since I bought the re-mineralization add on for my RO unit I have had no issues!

My Stock Formula if anyone is interested!

880g Jack's/ 1 gal
528g Cal-Nit / 1 gal

I feed at 8-10ml / gal

Here is a link to the inline minerals
https://www.reverseosmosisrevolution.com/Inline-58-Minerals-10-x2.html

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
I'm running Jack's in Coco with awesome results. No Cal or Mag issues anymore! Running a EC of 1.2-1.5 depending on where they are veg/flower. Maybe it's the coco you are running? Are you using RO water? Since I bought the re-mineralization add on for my RO unit I have had no issues!

880g Jack's/ 1 gal
528g Cal-Nit / 1 gal

I feed at 8-10ml / gal

what does the ec of your ro come out to after the remineralization add on

DeceiverZ

Veteran
I'm using jacks in pure coco and I'm seeing magnesium deficiency's pop up. Im also using stock solutions and mixing them according to ppm @ the .67 ratio. Does anyone know how to add Epsom salts according to ppm so that it stays in the correct ratio? I know by weight it's 3-2-1 jacks hydro, cal/nit , Epsom salts- but what about by ppm? I'm also interested in making an Epsom salt stock solution if anyone knows how.

You can dissolve 2.5lbs or 40oz of dry Epsom Salts into a gallon of RO water. The salts will remain soluble at 50F but probably don't want to let it get colder than that.

If you are using Jacks with a really pure RO water, you might benefit from their M.O.S.T. (micro nute product) Other than that there does seem to be mention here and there of adding epsom salts, I have not done that yet.

Instead of using M.O.S.T. I've been using Bio AG's Cytoplus which is great at supplementing trace minerals along with high quality kelp. I'm a fan of foliar feeding this to my garden.

880g Jack's/ 1 gal
528g Cal-Nit / 1 gal

I feed at 8-10ml / gal

Jacks Hydro 5-12-26 as well as JR Peter Calcium Nitrate can be individually dissolved into 1 gallon jugs at a rate of 3lbs/gal of each. This will make your stock solution much more concentrated and therefore easier to work with.

regards,
-DZ

growteam

I'm using jacks in pure coco and I'm seeing magnesium deficiency's pop up. Im also using stock solutions and mixing them according to ppm @ the .67 ratio. Does anyone know how to add Epsom salts according to ppm so that it stays in the correct ratio? I know by weight it's 3-2-1 jacks hydro, cal/nit , Epsom salts- but what about by ppm? I'm also interested in making an Epsom salt stock solution if anyone knows how.

I bump this question. I would love to know too.

I have been blending my RO water with regular tap water 50/50 and getting 75ppm, that with around 600 - 650 ppm of Jacks pro hydro/Calcinit mix and no deficiencies so far.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
I have been blending my RO water with regular tap water 50/50 and getting 75ppm, that with around 600 - 650 ppm of Jacks pro hydro/Calcinit mix and no deficiencies so far.

what ratio do you blend jacks to cal nit. i do 3-1.8-1 j-ca/ni-magsul. watered down to 1.0-1.3.

Fresh Start

I've noticed that the Cal/Nit is very sensitive to absorbing water if not stored properly and/or tampered with constantly. This can be a problem for people opening and closing 10-25lb. bags all the time in a humid environment. Its always a good idea to check the reservoir solution by EC meter for that matter.

As far as making stock solutions go, it should a priority for any serious gardener to use RO water. This way the minerals in the water don't react with the JPH or Cal/Nit and precipitate out of solution.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
its a great hydroscopic salt for stuffing your cell phone into if you accidently drop it in water. itll literally suck all the water out of your phone.

growteam

I've noticed that the Cal/Nit is very sensitive to absorbing water if not stored properly and/or tampered with constantly. This can be a problem for people opening and closing 10-25lb. bags all the time in a humid environment. Its always a good idea to check the reservoir solution by EC meter for that matter.

As far as making stock solutions go, it should a priority for any serious gardener to use RO water. This way the minerals in the water don't react with the JPH or Cal/Nit and precipitate out of solution.[/quote]

Whats that mean brother?

growteam

I understand but I meant when you say this:

"This way the minerals in the water don't react with the JPH or Cal/Nit and precipitate out of solution"

Does this mean that precipitate starts to form in the solution because the minerals in the tap are reacting with the elements in the jacks? I wonder which minerals are causing that, you happen to know by any chance?