What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

anyone still holding the new york city diesel red grapefruit cut from soma

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
all the young peeps in london call any good bud piff these days
i always thought it was asociated with the haze from new york

anyway soma's cut of new york city diesel(red grapefruit cut) is right at the top of list of tastiest weed ever
me and my brothers cant get enough of it
id like to see a tastier weed out there
repsect soma for spreading that seed brother, i know she still alive out there somewhere and il spend the rest of my life looking for her

peace

A

Alone

So whats the deal? Soma doesnt have it anymore?
That would be a shame. It is some of the tastiest weed out there. First wiff and you know its something special. Ghani x's can produce the best of the best for that special taste.
OJD - Im in the same boat brother. Ive been waiting for it to come up somewhere... but I guess waiting this long will make it that much sweeter when I do get it.
If I do find it I will certainly let you know.

spaceboy

I'm not sure what pheno it was, but I got an oz of some nycd that didnt smell like sweet grapefruit but more of a musky, spicy , earthy grapefruit. It was some of the best weed I've ever smoke and only weed in the last 5 years of being legal that reminds me of the best stuff I'd smoked as a teenager. The best thing about it was definitely the high, though the taste and smoke-ability of it where incredible also, but the high was totally on another level.

I just remember me and my girl both smoke this stuff and surfing all night long till 5-6am two weekends in a row on this stuff each with laptops. The room was deadly silent for hours at a time and then once in a while we would look at each other and laugh. The high was very strong and very sativa, but with incredible focus.

Another time I smoked a joint with my buddy and his girlfriend and a show and they actually laughed at my joint because they thought it was small. Well the girl ended up in her car for the entire show and my buddy kept saying he felt like he was tripping on acid. The funny thing is this guy was a serious head and had plenty of experience with psychedelics.

I would do anything to obtain this strain, but if this sounds like something you can find in pack of nycd, then tell me now and I will get started!

jochen_45

Veteran
all the young peeps in london call any good bud piff these days
i always thought it was asociated with the haze from new york

anyway soma's cut of new york city diesel(red grapefruit cut) is right at the top of list of tastiest weed ever
me and my brothers cant get enough of it
id like to see a tastier weed out there
repsect soma for spreading that seed brother, i know she still alive out there somewhere and il spend the rest of my life looking for her

peace

Looks like Soma never got his own red grapefruit cut back and when I see you searching now for it, I know its real, the red grapefruit pheno
is gone and only a few people have saved her. There was so much of it and I remember how it showed the feeling of Amsterdam like the ssh
or the amnesia haze did, so we never thought it would leave. To be honest, when I looked at your private hippy stash, I thought you would
work with that cut, but now I know it better. I wish you lots of luck finding that pheno and your idea to give it back to Soma is great and
shows a lot, I like it. And if you should be so lucky to find her and why not, a lot of people know you, please bring it back to the people,
thats the real nycd and its some of the best I have ever seen....

M

MrSterling

This isn't a real complaint, but when you guys said "Soma's cut" for your NYCDxGDP crossing I assumed it was the red grapefruit. Perhaps a little digging down into F2s and F3s will turn some taste up.

No personal offense intended towards the man as he's done a lot of work, but I think the sun has set on Soma as a breeder. There's a pattern cannabis breeders seem to go through, and Soma seems to be on the wane. I've enjoyed the NYCD I've smoked, as most have I think, but the price to be paid and the issues with germination that many buyers have means I'll be steering away from Soma's seeds.

sourkush

hey, i know it's an old thread but i was wondering if the red ruby grapefruit cut has been found since this thread? It has to be alive somewhere???

DutchHazeDog

ojd, u have smoke the diesel of the amnesia coffeshop in 2007?
...are 6 years now that i try to find it....some sourD crosses are the best rappresentation...wonderdieselappy by bodhi or biodiesel by 303 are the my best plants..
I know it's 10 years later but I had a sample of the amnesia shops diesel and it still marks me to date. I have smoked daily since then, sampling many good flowers but that sample of grapefruit (or raspberry?) diesel from amnesia has marked me and i would love to get something similar. Currently I have an 'orange road' from old school genetics in veg. It is supposed to be made with the grapefruit nycd clone and supposed to have terpy 'piff' phenos. The fan leaves already have a clearly defined or age juice with bitterness smell. I am very excited to grow these seeds I will post an update about how it went in a few months

Reactions: ojd

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I know it's 10 years later but I had a sample of the amnesia shops diesel and it still marks me to date. I have smoked daily since then, sampling many good flowers but that sample of grapefruit (or raspberry?) diesel from amnesia has marked me and i would love to get something similar. Currently I have an 'orange road' from old school genetics in veg. It is supposed to be made with the grapefruit nycd clone and supposed to have terpy 'piff' phenos. The fan leaves already have a clearly defined or age juice with bitterness smell. I am very excited to grow these seeds I will post an update about how it went in a few months
The description proves its not the Red grapefruit cut but the Mandarin cut of NYCD used in the x your describing from the NYCD x G13 Haze not the famous Red grapefruit cut of NYCD.

There was zero Orange in the Red grapefruit cut and Zero Haze

The Mandarin cut of NYCD ( which everyone passes around as the Red grapefruit cut , on purpose or by mistake ?) Has Orange and Haze Terps.

Alot of Breeders use the NYCD Mandarin cut and label it as the NYCD Red Grapefruit with or without knowing the Truth to help with sales

3rd-3yed

Veteran
@ojd :

I remember seeing years ago some friends running the NYCD tagged as "mandarina" to clearly put it apart from the red grapefruit phenotype. I guess the relabelling happened with some Seedbanks like you said in your post ^^

Reactions: ojd

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@ojd :

I remember seeing years ago some friends running the NYCD tagged as "mandarina" to clearly put it apart from the red grapefruit phenotype. I guess the relabelling happened with some Seedbanks like you said in your post ^^
And the actual NYCD mandarin cut also not just the X's made with it.
Most people still call the NYCD Mandarin cut the Red grapefruit cut as that's how they were passed it by someone else and that person to someone else etc etc and become the new Red grapefruit cut lol 😂 and unless the person was going Amsterdam before the NYCD Red Grapefruit was lost then they never even tried the Red grapefruit cut so don't even know 😂.

I have at least 3 people hit me up evey year ( even big dogs and well known breeders)with what they think is the NYCD Red grapefruit cut ( as everyone knows I'm looking for it and i even post publicly once a year asking if anyone found it) and have to burst the bubble and let them know that ain't it.
Most understand and agree once we talked about traits etc but 1 out of 3 will go nuts cause me some Internet drama , put me on a spam list , or just straight go nuts on me
And belive me I want it to be the real deal NYCD Red grapefruit cut, my most wanted strain ever , more than any elite clone from USA or anywhere.
That's why once a year I still make the post on instagram or wherever as someone must have it as clones used to do the rounds years ago and anyone who liked it LOVED 😍 IT like me and my crew so someone like that must have it and maybe not in the scene and even realises many people are looking for it

CannaT

starin' at the world through my rearview
Premium user
Try with White Diesel there are many red grapefruit phenos that reek and taste like white to red grapefruit.

DutchHazeDog

The description proves its not the Red grapefruit cut but the Mandarin cut of NYCD used in the x your describing from the NYCD x G13 Haze not the famous Red grapefruit cut of NYCD.

There was zero Orange in the Red grapefruit cut and Zero Haze

The Mandarin cut of NYCD ( which everyone passes around as the Red grapefruit cut , on purpose or by mistake ?) Has Orange and Haze Terps.

Alot of Breeders use the NYCD Mandarin cut and label it as the NYCD Red Grapefruit with or without knowing the Truth to help with sales
Did you read the description on the golden-goose seedahop website? I am going to assume that you are right and the orange pheno was used, I guess it would have been named grapefruit road otherwise. So in the flowers of the grapefruit cut there is no hints of fruity Tangie style smells and instead only pure grapefruit bitterness?

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Did you read the description on the golden-goose seedahop website? I am going to assume that you are right and the orange pheno was used, I guess it would have been named grapefruit road otherwise. So in the flowers of the grapefruit cut there is no hints of fruity Tangie style smells and instead only pure grapefruit bitterness?
Yeah there zero Tangie type smells taste in the Red grapefruit Original cut , but plenty in the Mandarin cut.

You do get Grapefruit phenos when making X's with the Mandarin cut so i understand some people naming it Grapefruit this or that, its just not unadulterated NYCD Red Grapefruit we all know and love , it always has some Orange in there