What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

anyone still holding the new york city diesel red grapefruit cut from soma

A

Alone

The NYCD RGF pheno is hands down, some of the finest cheeba in the taste dept.
Ive only had 3.5 grams of it my whole life and have been searching for a good cut of it but NO-ONE has it around here.
I was nervous to order some of Somas but if ya'll are saying its the real deal then Im def getting me some. I was afriad it would be like finding the true Skunk#1 that I got from SSSSC back in the early 80's. Alot of sweet skunks. NYCD is the bees-knees. I love it. The taste is extra special. Love that ghani that gives it the flavor. I would also like to find a true ghani like the one used to breed the NYCD and the Purps. MMMmmm.

Last edited:

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dr p,

that is an insane amount of NYcD packs to go through, you must LOVE the grapefruit.

Ojd,

If the temps are low enough, my cut will get darker, don't know about purple (I am color blinds). My cut came from reg seeds. Bought late in 2002 and popped in 2003. There were two pheno's, the grapefruit and the pepper. You are right about the flavour on this, that is the reason she has stuck around for 10 years, lol. I have not smoked the soma cut, wish I had the chance, but haven't made it to Amsterdam. I will post up more pics after I run her again after summer (too hot).

Last edited:

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The NYCD RGF pheno is hands down, some of the finest cheeba in the taste dept.
Ive only had 3.5 grams of it my whole life and have been searching for a good cut of it but NO-ONE has it around here.
I was nervous to order some of Somas but if ya'll are saying its the real deal then Im def getting me some. I was afriad it would be like finding the true Skunk#1 that I got from SSSSC back in the early 80's. This weed is the bees-knees. I love it. The taste is extra special. Love that ghani that gives it the flavor. I would also like to find a true ghani like the one used to breed the NYCD and the Purps. MMMmmm.

NYCD is not the same now, soma got busted from what I hear. It has a tangerine pheno now instead of grapefruit.

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
Nycd grapefruit

picture.php

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i would still sugest nycd to people
as she has many good winners not just the grapefruit cut
its honestly hard to pick 1 keeper from the nycd

and who knows soma could have/ or get the cut back again(as it has to be out there)and remake her the exact same way

i know if do get her back soma will be the first person i ask if he needs it

peace

A

Alone

i would still sugest nycd to people
as she has many good winners not just the grapefruit cut
its honestly hard to pick 1 keeper from the nycd

and who knows soma could have/ or get the cut back again(as it has to be out there)and remake her the exact same way

i know if do get her back soma will be the first person i ask if he needs it

peace

I agree. If I found the NYCD RGF cut, or pheno, I would make s1's and freely spread them around, and give a bunch back to Soma as well, if he needed it. Im sure it HAS to be out there, scattered all over the place. If someone has the Holy Grail PGF cut in clone only form I would def travel to pick it up...its that good.
Im sure almost every pheno of this genotype is a winner no matter how you slice it. The genetics are top knotch.

cr0n

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I tried to reverse mine. I used CS, didn't take. I am going to try again in the fall. I also want to hit my SPG clone. Should be some winners in both.

HeriMarry

Doesnt Soma's Nycd cupclone still go around or is that the mandarin cut??? e$kob@r has mentioned on another site about using the cupclone . Hope this helps some .

bruyard

This thread has me so nostalgic for this bud. This cut for me was the combination of both the grapefruit flavor and killer buzz (top 3 for effect too). I'll never forget smokin the first zip of this shit and can still see it in my mind. Always had some killer adventures puffin on the RGF NYCD and always tried to get her in the garden without success.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
PO in Cali has the grapefruit NYCD

who knows what else you may get with that but they had it last I saw

there are plenty of grapefruit tasting herbs if that is what you like

I recommend Deadwood, Sweet Pink Grapefruit X Katsu Bubba, or for straight grapefruit I hear Dynamite is a good one

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
I have a plant I grew from seed that came from paradise called Acid. the phenol I have smells and tastes exactly like ripe red grapefruits. I mean dead on. The only downside is the bitch hermies like a mofo. I have another seed plant going now to see if they are gonna be the same, hopefully with no nanners this time. Seriously though if you want red grapefruit give acid a try, it's worth it and it's really strong weed. One of the only strains I grow that when I take a big enough hit, I almost black out, and my face sweats.

A

Alone

Not where Im from. But it really doesnt matter now, does it, what you "slang" it as.
Where Im from, Haze is Haze. Piff is Piff. Your meaning of Piff may be dif than mine and thats ok. Thank you for your input.
I mentioned this only incase a grower from NYC had a cutting of Piff, someone on this site would know that their talking about NYCD so they dont miss out on the cutting. Enough garble....

I think OJD is wondering if anyone still has a cut of the RGF pheno. So am I for that matter.
So......Who has it? Step up and post please.

Piff use to be a specific strain out of the Northeast (NYC-Hartford), and it was a sativa. Nowadays the term has been bastardized by sellers, they use it as a term for top notch buds. Very much like how the term Lambsbreath no longer has the same meaning as it originally did.

A

Alone

Thats where I've lived my whole life and anytime Ive smoked Piff it was the NYCD.
It may mean dif things in other inner cities but here in New England they call the RGF pheno of NYCD Piff. Doesnt mean it doesnt mean its a sativa or whatever.
Sorry I brought it up. Lets not hack the hell out of OJD's thread over something like a name. Im sorry. Back on point please.

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
ojd, u have smoke the diesel of the amnesia coffeshop in 2007?
...are 6 years now that i try to find it....some sourD crosses are the best rappresentation...wonderdieselappy by bodhi or biodiesel by 303 are the my best plants..

Latest posts

Latest posts