What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone notice how slow forums became?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
who´s saying we should hate black people ?!??!

Hang around long enough. You will see who the racists are. And be warned, there are some serious women haters here too. And boys who think you belong in the kitchen. So, don't let them catch you off guard.

Cuddles

Hang around long enough. You will see who the racists are. And be warned, there are some serious women haters here too. And boys who think you belong in the kitchen. So, don't let them catch you off guard.

thanks for the warning. anti-women tossers and such like are no news to me! Besides I´m no good in the kitchen hehe I guess the guys who think that women belong in the kitchen are not even capable of making beans on toast?

Klompen

I am not ashamed to admit I belong in the kitchen. I have always found it fascinating how everyone eats food but only women are supposed to cook according to some folks..... There's nothing unmanly about feeding yourself and others. For some bizarre reason though the grill seems to be exempt from all this in American culture. Dudes can grill all day and its ten times more manly than baking cupcakes for 20 minutes is treated.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

luckily they're pretty easy to spot since they in general contribute almost zero actual pot related content.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
...... were are they, seems to me most of 'em get banned!;) :comfort:

and good riddance,in case you forgot,this is a pot growing site...if you're joining up just to post in the speakers corner than all i can assume is their arguments are too weak...and frankly shitty...for any other site so somehow they end up here venting their bile...

so you bet,i base my calculation on whether to ban someone based solely on the quality of their actual pot related posting,and yes,there is strong correlation between people who get banned and people who only post in the speakers corner...

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
...... Could be they're alt handles of the best growers on the site who don't want to be labeled 'RACIST'! ;)

It's not against the TOU as long as they don't use both handles in the same thread, same goes for the pot growing requirement, it seems a bit arbitrary and it's not listed anywhere as a requirement for posting anywhere that I can see. :dunno:

Maybe this all needs to be clarified in an updated TOU as the Speakers Corner didn't exist when the original was created. :tiphat:

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
...... Could be they're alt handles of the best growers on the site who don't want to be labeled 'RACIST'! ;)

It's not against the TOU as long as they don't use both handles in the same thread, same goes for the pot growing requirement, it seems a bit arbitrary and it's not listed anywhere as a requirement for posting anywhere that I can see. :dunno:

Maybe this all needs to be clarified in an updated TOU as the Speakers Corner didn't exist when the original was created. :tiphat:

I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam,,

I'm Popeye (Bud) the pot growin' man...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ummmm,how is requiring members of a pot growing site to at least participate in the conversation...about growing pot...in any way arbitrary?

and as far as being labeled racist,it can be avoided by not saying racist things...if you're saying things you need a second identity to say,then you're kinda a coward...

sbeanonnamellow

I remember when this site had just a handful of members, oh the nostalgia. Good times! Shout-out seedsdirect!

Anyone remember at Overgrow how karma was broken down into growing related and non-growing related participation?

As for alternate handles for posting things they wouldn't normally post under their "main" accounts, that's called shame. There's a lack of authenticity and it's awash in shame.

To those I say, dare greatly.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I remember when this site had just a handful of members, oh the nostalgia......

As for alternate handles for posting things they wouldn't normally post under their "main" accounts, that's called shame. There's a lack of authenticity and it's awash in shame.........

LOL@lack of authenticity, you're a newbie yet from your posts it's clear you've been here for a good while! :D :whistling:

sbeanonnamellow

LOL@lack of authenticity, you're a newbie yet from your posts it's clear you've been here for a good while! :D :whistling:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=323016&postcount=9

It's not been here for a good while, returning after a hiatus. Never used more than one handle at a time, which includes the present moment. That's not lack of authenticity to me, but I'm also not posting up under my birth name so maybe a little truth to that.

sbeanonnamellow

Much love CosmicGiggle. Glad to be back and thanks for the warm welcome.

I even had an account with a lilfetime Icmag Subscriber badge once. That animated avatar benefit was just too attractive even if I could never figure out how to do it. IC has a spot in my heart for sure.

Hope my initial reply didn't come across too curt. It's nice to see so many legends still kicking around on this mug. Catching up with what's going on in the scene is a trip! Hope you're having a wonderful day or night wherever you are.

Klompen

...... Could be they're alt handles of the best growers on the site who don't want to be labeled 'RACIST'

It certainly says everything I need to know that they make fake identities to troll people over ideas they're not honest enough to present as their own. I mean, I know we all use handles on places like this, but I've made a point of sticking to one name at a time and letting my friends know when I have to change names for whatever reason. If people are calling them "racist" all the time then maybe they need to think really hard and with a great deal of humility about why that might be.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- You can't mind-change people to believe anything outside of their immediate experience on racial matters - unless you discuss it - and present your side or opinion - the facts - the figures - the humanity - the history - constantly calling people 'racist' ain't gonna change nothing - people will come to their own conclusions - if the case presented holds merit - and disproves what they hold dear as their opinions on the subject -

- Humanity is mostly still tribal - and tribes/gangs are 'racist' towards other tribes - anyone who has travelled widely in this world will have noticed that - and the places where we have far less of this 'Racism' in society - are in Europe/USA/Canada/Australia - where the multi-racial/multi-ethnic experiment is still taking place - slowly it might be working - with a lot of collateral damage - as violent crime and social/political disharmony continues to rise - and the merging of these ethnic groups/tribes is causing massive social unrest - with one or the other trying to dominate another - as it ever was -

- You can't suddenly - cumulatively - evolve the minds of everyone on this planet - to think in a non-tribal way - when each tribe has its own beliefs/superstitions, customs and religions - and most all of them think they are superior to all other tribes - so they have a supremacist attitude - as it is written in their holy books -

Last edited:

Klompen

ummmm,how is requiring members of a pot growing site to at least participate in the conversation...about growing pot...in any way arbitrary?

and as far as being labeled racist,it can be avoided by not saying racist things...if you're saying things you need a second identity to say,then you're kinda a coward...

It might be nice to require a certain post count or rep score to wade into Speakers Corner. It would really help avoid the organized gangs of right wing trolls that sweep into places like this and try to drive out those who disagree with their crap. There's whole sections of 4Chan devoted to Right-Wing trolling. They have to troll so hard because otherwise they'd just get ignored for their wacky fringe views.