What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone here familiar with Santa Barbara, California?

Go to weedmaps on your phone or computer and have some delivered.
Also on weedmaps they have deals that you can claim on the site, I just saw" $60 14g $99 28 g ALONG WITH A 4 ITEM GOODIE BAG THAT WILL INCLUDE: GRINDER, PIPE, LIGHTER, AND A PREROLL! "

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Awesome, I'll definitely look into that. I am hoping for a direct flight but from Ohio, most have a stopover somewhere.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I am getting a little scared.... in the thread about True Terps putting mineral oil in their Viscosity, people are talking about how shitty the dispensary weed is in California. Full of mold, harvested at 5 weeks, drenched in poison.... the complaints go on and on. Some people claimed the pre-rolls didn't even get them high.

I am uprooting my entire life and family, leaving my friends and my home to come to Cali for the pot. I mean, the weather is a big deal but I have been a slave to my grow room for 40 years. I have cancelled vacations, re-scheduled surgeries and generally lived my life around the harvest of my pot. In fact, even now, the only reason I am not there already is because I am waiting 2 more weeks for this crop to finish.

Is the dispensary pot really that shitty?

Also, how much does it cost? I smoke a couple ounces a week. Trying to cut back a little but how much is an ounce of good pot from a retail store in California?

Thanks

EDIT: It isn't the Viscosity thread where this is being discussed, it's the THC Testing in Legal States thread.

Sunshineinabag

What about the fact that San Fran...los Angeles and I'm sure more cities are chock a block with tents lining the sidewalks....... Californians should be concerned no? Going to Cali for the grass is a huge mistake in my opinion!

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Cool, I suppose I'll learn the good from bad sources when I get there..... as long as there are good sources. LOL

I'm sure I'll still grow my own on occasion. I just don't want to continue to be a slave to it like the past 40 years.

What about the fact that San Fran...los Angeles and I'm sure more cities are chock a block with tents lining the sidewalks....... Californians should be concerned no? Going to Cali for the grass is a huge mistake in my opinion!

Yes we are concerned, we will be sending all the tent dwellers back to Ohio where they came from.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
LOL.... They won't go. They know that living on the sidewalks in San Fransisco is better than living in a mansion in Ohio. LMAO

However, Ohio cities are on a HUGE campaign to increase population. They don't care who you are as long as you're a head that can be counted. The more indigent and living in blight.... the better. And, doncha wanna know why?

Federal and State funding is based upon [primarily] population. My city is building low income and free housing all over. The mayor has announced a giant campaign to increase population. All our schools offer free lunches ALL YEAR even in Summer and free day care so Mom can go out and score crack and whore all day while her 8 kids are being cared for.

Welcome to the USA's 21st century Midwest city. LMAO

This goes right in line with the new policy in our high schools..... if you can't pass the reading and writing tests mandated by the State, you can do community service and get your degree. LMAO Last graduation, 7 out of 10 graduating seniors could not read or write at a high school level.

Our police department just advertised for new police officers...... the requirements? A valid driver's license and a GED. LMAO And, you wonder why I'm leaving. LMAO

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Good choice. LOL

Everyone talks about how expensive it is in California but it costs way more to live here in Ohio. I have found that even though real estate [including rent] is sky high in California, everything else is cheaper. So, once you own your home, it's actually cheaper to live in California than Ohio. Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone in Ohio or you'll just have more Ohioans in tents on your sidewalk. LOL

My utilities are over $5000. per year. Water is $100 a month. Sales tax is only 0.75% less than California and income tax is more here than California. I can't see it other than a win win.

I am definitely looking to see if all this research turns out to be truth. My wife and I [2 seniors] spend over $1000 per month just on food. Food is VERY expensive here. My wife just stocked up on ribeye steaks that were on sale for $22 a pound vs the normal $24 a pound. I don't eat fillet but the wife does and they are $28 a pound now. Sea Bass went up to $36 a pound. The ads I see in the California papers are way lower priced on meats than what I pay here.

packerfan79

Veteran
Good choice. LOL

Everyone talks about how expensive it is in California but it costs way more to live here in Ohio. I have found that even though real estate [including rent] is sky high in California, everything else is cheaper. So, once you own your home, it's actually cheaper to live in California than Ohio. Shhhhhh, don't tell anyone in Ohio or you'll just have more Ohioans in tents on your sidewalk. LOL

My utilities are over $5000. per year. Water is $100 a month. Sales tax is only 0.75% less than California and income tax is more here than California. I can't see it other than a win win.

I am definitely looking to see if all this research turns out to be truth. My wife and I [2 seniors] spend over $1000 per month just on food. Food is VERY expensive here. My wife just stocked up on ribeye steaks that were on sale for $22 a pound vs the normal $24 a pound. I don't eat fillet but the wife does and they are $28 a pound now. Sea Bass went up to $36 a pound. The ads I see in the California papers are way lower priced on meats than what I pay here.

I bought some cowboy cut ribeye for 4.99 a pound recently. I have never seen prices like that here in California.

Breadwizard

I see meats at Mexican markets for around that price in the bay. Not quite 4.99 but 5 and change for hanger steak, rib eye around the same, sometimes a bit lower if on sale. Just need to know where to look.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Hey gang, for anyone who lives in San Diego, what is the city water service like? How is the water? We have terrible water here. Smells like a swimming pool from over chlorination.

I did a quick search and the reviews were pretty bad about the customer service for the SD water dept.

Anyone?

Thanks

Ringodoggie

Premium user
OK, gang. Trip is scheduled. I'll be there from the 8th to the 22nd.

Another question... if I stop to buy some pot at a local retail store, will they also have pipes and papers for sale at the same place? I was going to bring a pipe but I hate to carry anything in the ass back state I live in. Possession of a pipe still costs you your driver's license for one year (yes, even if you're not driving). Ohio is so fucked up.

Just curious if I'll be able to buy a pipe at the same place I buy the pot.

Thanks again. Looking forward to it. It has rained 24 out of the past 30 days here. I am so fucking tired of rain. If I never see another fucking rainy day in my life, it will be too soon.

The long term weather forecast for Ohio is Rain, Snow, Repeat. Can't wait to get the fuck out of here.

EsterEssence

Veteran
I shared a boat in San Diego, I drank bottled water so I don’t know about the water. There are a lot of shops to buy pipes and papers, I have never been to a dispensary so I don’t know what they have. The weather in SD is awesome, however it is expensive to live there. I live in the mountains between palm Desert and SD, if you get near here let me know, maybe we could get together...

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Thanks EE. Not sure I'll get up your way this trip but if I move out there, we'll definitely get together.

Really looking forward to living where the sun shines more than 28 days a year. LOL

Thanks again

EDIT: Just looked at a map and some houses on Zillow in the mountains between SD and Palm Desert. Pretty nice up there. Doesn't look like the Winters are real harsh, either. However, if you live in the Cleveland forest, forget it. Once I leave Ohio, I am never ever ever going to visit a place with the name, Cleveland ever again. LMAO (Cleveland Ohio sux donkey dongs).

I would much rather live in the mountains than on the beach but the Winters in the mountains are exactly why I am leaving Ohio. Fucking hate cold, rain and snow. I looked at the mountains East of Santa Barabra and they were totally beautiful. However, the fucking Winters are worse than they are here. LOL

Once again, thanks. :)

EsterEssence

Veteran
The winters are cold but nothing like Ohio, I’m 45 minutes to Palm Desert, 1.5 hours to San Diego, and 2 hours to LA. However it is not the city here a few stores in town, but it is cheap to live out here. Not to mention the cops are busting a lot of the big grows today, so property values could drop big time in the next week or so...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Hey gang, for anyone who lives in San Diego, what is the city water service like? How is the water? We have terrible water here. Smells like a swimming pool from over chlorination.

I did a quick search and the reviews were pretty bad about the customer service for the SD water dept.

Anyone?

Thanks

we have really hard water here in san diego
its not that bad to drink out of the tap but most people will run it through a britta filter before drinking it

anything east of the 15(i-15) is going to get hot, especially in the summer time
its kind of cool if you enjoy 100' days and occasional thunder storms
/we actually like the t-storms and will drive out to the mountains and chekc them out
but yeah, it gets hot like hell out there

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Well, I'm back.

First and foremost I have to say that the people that we met in San Diego were the nicest, most polite, most happy, most informed, most healthy, most wonderful people I have ever met anywhere in my life. We were thoroughly impressed.

Even the clerk in a gas station and the clerk at the checkout counter at Ralph's. The hotel people. The locals we dealt with house shopping. Everyone. They all seemed to love their jobs and were very well informed about the services they offer. I lost my phone charger and the checkout guy at CVS looked at my phone and told me immediately which cord would fit. The assistant and Ralph's checkout was not only awesome and totally aware of her duties, she also had an actually sense of humor and enjoyed joking with us as we passed though. People smile there. We don't do that where I'm from. And, people here often hate their jobs. I often hear, "My boss is an asshole. I'm way smarter than him". Shit like that

You have the most polite driver's I have ever seen. We have constant road rage here. The driver's in SD were alarmingly polite.

Of all the people we met, I was probably the biggest asshole of the lot. Twice, I got friendly shouts of "crosswalk" reminding me that I was screaming through a crosswalk with pedestrians in the path. Pedestrians don't have the right of way here. I think that's because we don't have any pedestrians here. People drive everywhere here. They would drive the the bathroom if the door were big enough. In SD EVERYBODY walks. Or takes a Bird.

[OK, lady readers, cover your eyes and skip to the next paragraph] And, OMG! I have never seen so much beautiful pussy anywhere, ever. It was way better than the Macy's parade. WAY better.

Unfortunately, there is something of a down side as well [Yin and Yang seem to be everywhere]. One downside [believe it or not] is that SD is a very 'young' city. With all the colleges, the party spots and the draw of the beach, I would venture to say that the vast majority of SD's population is under 30. And, as much as I love hanging with kids [make me feel that much younger] we just didn't belong. Little things like having to walk everywhere. I am pushing 70 and although I am in pretty good shape, I have bone spurs and arthritis and back degeneration and I need both knees replaced, that makes walking more than a few hundred feet painful.

And, seating in the restaurants.. OMG, hard metal stools and wood benches. My hemorrhoids are older than most of those kids. I need old man seating. Cushy soft booth. LOL And, I'm not saying that isn't available. I'm just saying it's not everywhere. We stayed in PB and we ate at the Duck Dive. They had some booths with cushy's. We ate at The Bare Back across the street and it was all steel and wood seating. Biggies was wood. Tower 23 was cushy all the way around. Can't remember all the places we went.

And, another thing about SD.... OMG, the best food in the world and so cheap. Stuff like bacon wrapped meat loaf from the Duck Dive. Like 13 dollars or something. That would be over 25 bux here and would not have the charm of the carrots and asparagus. Everything from top to bottom was unbelievably delicious. And, I am no rookie to eating out. The wife and I ate out at fine restaurants 3 or 4 nights a week for many years when we had our business. And, we have traveled a lot and know good food from fried shit. Even Moto's pizza. The pizza was OK. As good as most I have had. Nothing special. However, the salad that came with it was so incredibly fresh and juicy that we were both amazed how it compared to our own home grown veggies. And, in a pizza shop salad???? Unheard of here. We didn't have a single bite of bad food the entire time we were there. And, like I said. At some of the most reasonable prices I could hope for. Well under the prices here in Ohio.

We covered as much ground as we could with the time we had. Ocean beach was too dirty and trashy for my wife to even consider it. It looked fine to me [mostly] but I must admit, it was pretty much near the bottom of the line of our choices.

Mission beach and Pacific beach are awesome but, like I said, very young for the wife and I to fit in. We could do Soledad Mountain Road area. Some beautiful places there. Very affordable.

Bird Rock. OK Sold. I want one of those right on the ocean. I love a house on a cliff like that. However, out of our price range. Across the street had some potential beautiful views looking over the roofs of the oceanfront homes. Might be able to afford one of those.

LaHolla was perfect. Albeit, the wife liked DelMar better.

We did go inland as far as TierraSanta and North around La Holla Scenic Dr. I really liked that area too. Some beautiful views on La Holla Scenic drive and Via Capri.

The trip home was a nightmare. More on that later.

Thanks to everyone for all the input and thank you San Diego for being what you are.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 38