What's new

Anyone ever try CBD strain for BHO?

About a month ago I blasted a mixed batch of bho. 5 grams cannatonic, 2 grams sage and sour, and 3 grams of raskal OG.

I sampled it after it was made, flame polish, and let it sit. The sample really wasn't impressive at first. Initially didn't expect it to turn out all that great but at least par. I cracked into it today. And WOW. At first you get a nice head rush for 5 -20 mins. I kept thinking how nice it would be to fall back into a tub of plastic balls. I needed the dresser for moral....no literal support for 5 to 20 seconds after dab. Multiple rips in a row and a dab a few hours later. the last dab was still a good high. I can almost compare it to a wake and bake or getting baked work kinda high. Feels way too indica for my liking. Strange because most considered indicas dont make me blink, even some of the heavy hitters. Will keep you posted for a week or two of consumption. :yummy:

post your results if anyone gives it a go. :dance013:

dabking

The CBD is what is knocking you down. I make CBD bho for my lady. Its way better than the flowers. Low return but very effective medicine

how low of a yield? what kinda texture do you get?

I got 17% on my first wash and combined weight with light second wash was 21% granted there is alot more thc in the mix.

at first it was rather runny and dark. it has firmed up nicely by flame polishing it from time to time. after the test tokes I thought it was destine for an ethanol wash.....but not the case it looks dirty but taste very clean.

Attachments

• DSCN0322[1].JPG
    DSCN0322[1].JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 12

relic1981

Veteran
i havent tried it yet but im gonna make some oil out of some swiss tsunami when its done this year. ill probably make edibles out of it in the end but it would be nice to have some high cbd oil around for those painful days. for those who have smoked cbd oil can you give a description of the effects. even if there were no psycho active effects.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We get around 18% from Cannatonic and Maui Bubble Gift and supply the oil to cancer patients. No head, but is a good pain reliever and relaxing, including the smooth muscles, so promotes a drop in blood pressure and initiates a BM.

mendo420

Veteran
Ive got AC/DC and Cannatonic growing this year just to make some honey oil.

They are flowering and smelling nice should be a fun experiment!

Permacultuure

Veteran
CBD makes the most fantastic tasting oil. I turned a 5k room of Sour Tsunami all into oil, and eventually into caps....I pulled a little aside for my self, i love CBD taste and effects, but only in concentrated form. I feel that anyone in true need of CBD shouldnt have to dab it or smoke it to get effects...still waiting for the ROI on this financial risk....

Permacultuure

Veteran
Ive got AC/DC and Cannatonic growing this year just to make some honey oil.

They are flowering and smelling nice should be a fun experiment!

I am under the belief that the AC/DC is just the highest cbd ratio pheno of cannatonic, which ranges from 1:20 to 20:1, or so I'm told. You'll be able to confirm or deny in a month or so, if not by now ;)

dabking

how low of a yield? what kinda texture do you get?

I got 17% on my first wash and combined weight with light second wash was 21% granted there is alot more thc in the mix.

at first it was rather runny and dark. it has firmed up nicely by flame polishing it from time to time. after the test tokes I thought it was destine for an ethanol wash.....but not the case it looks dirty but taste very clean.

it varies from strain to strain. I get amber shatter. If you work with fresher material you'll get a nicer color.

it varies from strain to strain. I get amber shatter. If you work with fresher material you'll get a nicer color.

thanks for the tip

yea, not knocking shatter,,,and very well know it is alot easier with certain strains. I did firm up nicely as to my expectations and has nice burn characteristics.

Wax that does not burn easily burned into oil is my least favorite...I ran into this a while back I think it lemon kush or lemon skunk, just a freebie seed that I ran.

I actually prefer a heavy oil texture....or somewhere in between shatter and oil....a tacky breakable texture.

Its tough to get high cbd strains to be stable....

Might want to give these a try. Pm me if you want the link. I tried these in my experimental days with comparison for coffee filters. These days I just skip the filter all together and go with a thin mesh screen.

Attachments

• DSCN0327[1].JPG
    DSCN0327[1].JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN0329[1].JPG
    DSCN0329[1].JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 16
smoke report time...so it been 8 days or so....First day had a very mild headache(didn't want to alarm anyone). Probably just my neurons and synapses...saying we recognize the THC but this other stuff ??? Again I have only smoked 2 grams of a cbd strain before. So I can compare it to a driving a pinto and then get behind of the wheel of a corvette. My stability leveled off at the end of day two after hefty rips where I didn't need something to hold on to.

I slept in my bed for more than a week. I usually sleep in a sleeping bag on the floor 2-3 nights a week. I didn't use my back roller for physical therapy stuff at all.

I also got a shit ton of house projects done and organizing the heavy stuff in my garage. I have a semi clean garage again....it wont stay that way for long, but at least I freed up some work space.

Definitely going to do some more experimenting
So far I am thinking

75% C99 and 25% CBD stain
50/50 mix of herijuana and CBD strain

Permacultuure

Veteran
Might want to give these a try. Pm me if you want the link. I tried these in my experimental days with comparison for coffee filters. These days I just skip the filter all together and go with a thin mesh screen.

Yup I'm aware of lab filter papers, we like to place them between the 4x3 end cap reducers and a screened gasket.....when we feel the need. Thank you though!!

dabking

I haven't had that problem with cbd bho. I've used canna-tsu, omrita rx, harlequin, cannatonic. All shatter. Maybe it's your temps and vac pump/ set up

Permacultuure

Veteran
I haven't had that problem with cbd bho. I've used canna-tsu, omrita rx, harlequin, cannatonic. All shatter. Maybe it's your temps and vac pump/ set up

What ratios were your strains, a lot of those are thc dominant, hence the ease of creating shatter IMO....the sour tsu is very cbd dominant. I did a whole plant extraction, and only saved a bit that wasn't getting capsuled....so yes my vac temps weren't closely monitored....yet this is a problem I've seen with some extremely talented EA's, with the same strain.....

Maybe your just a better hash maker than I :) and all around me........