What's new

anyone ever feel nihilistic? (interesting ramble)

Mick

Veteran
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er2MDF9UmuA

Robert Sapolsky on Toxoplasmosis & Parasites.

" 'free will' is just the biology we have not discovered yet. "

Hey GH, just got around to watching this and a big thumbs up for posting it, as it really makes sense of my life.
People receiving feacal transplants can take on some of the personality traits of the donor, eg becoming happier or sadder, and even fatter of slimmer. All down to gut microbes it seems. Sure makes me contemplate on who I am, or am not.

Last edited:
I fucking love JR and wanted to thank you for posting this as well - I saw it when he first posted.

That's fucking crazy that %50 of humans world wide have this parasite!
I hope I don't I am a dog person lol I have only been around a few cats in my life

Mick

Veteran
that's beautiful man - I feel the same way it is truly amazing I feel lucky to be alive everyday!

the amount of other planets in this universe is unfathomable - even if a tiny fraction harbor life that still is an incredible amount.

Hey mate, I've replied twice to your post and both times it's disappeared.
I've had a few Hubble space posters on my walls for months and they still blow me away.

Hey mate, I've replied twice to your post and both times it's disappeared.
I've had a few Hubble space posters on my walls for months and they still blow me away.
that's odd..

When I first got my 1440p monitor I download a shit tun of hubble images and had my pc on 24/7 on a slide show :biggrin:
so crazy how many galaxies there are!

the famous one with a bunch of galaxies is just a small fraction of what is really out there...

makes me feel alone and like nothing matters sometimes.