What's new

Anyone else...

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
Find themselves constantly lying to co-workers about where you live, why you can't have anyone over/hang out, tell people you would never smoke (when your really looking at them while your as high as a kite and just spent the last summer digging through swamps so no one would find your shit). Its just less hassle (and safer) to lie but also a burden at times. I don't like lying but I don't like airing out my business AT ALL to anyone, but I work in an industry where alcohol, cannabis, and drugs are used and when the days over people tend to hang out, and it may seem a little weird when you do don't drink, or hang out because you don't want to get to close to anyone because it could open a can of worms not worth opening unless you like orange jumpsuits and having your name reduced to nothing but a bunching of fucking numbers.
Its really a burden when a female wants to hang out and you end up blowing her off because you can't explain why she can't come over. This happens a lot.
I do not post often anymore but I needed to rant. I'll never give up the lifestyle but at times its tough when your lying all the time to people you spend 60+ hrs. a week with. My closets people are in mainly family, couple people i grew up with... and are well trusted, have been stand up people for longer than some of you are alive...and have proven themselves as such over, and over... and that is already enough people for me. Anyway I still find its better not to mix work with what I do at home.

I

Iron_Lion

I used to keep a razor wired fence and a mote between my work life and my home life. 40 hours a week is 39 too long to spend with someone you aint fuckin.

I dont really like having people in my house, I dunno maybe Im just a weird hermit but aside between my girlfriend, my dogs and my hobbies I just dont have time for much else.

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
Aye, I do the same personal shit and work never mix I just don't like having to lie although I realize its necessary. My parents brought me up old school. Your word was your word and you don't lie, or cross yourself by going back on your word. That is a bit burdening.
I don't really like having people over anyway so that's not a problem except for the occasional female thing. Hanging out, drinking, etc. ain't my thing either so I don't feel like I miss out on anything, but again I don't like having to hide things I shouldn't have to based on some stupid law.

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
I hate hiding shit too man! esp somethin as harmless as bud. But, it's the whacka-mole game, stick yer head to far up outta the hole and you get whacked! it's bullshit!

Best of luck.... BC

ambition

In my opinion, if growing weed is impacting your ability to create relationships to this degree, it has overtaken your life. That is absolutely pathetic imho. Relationships, new people, mingling- these things are important. Growing pot isn't.

I know nothing about you at all. I could of course be way off. But I wouldn't take the fact that you felt the need to make this thread lightly. Maybe it's time for a change.

I love growing, too. I absolutely understand the desire to keep it going. But I think it's time to go abstract for a minute. Just my opinion. Cheers.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had to shut down my grow op when I went back to work after being sick for a while. I couldn't deal with not having anyone over. Especially the ladies.

I'm lucky with work though. I don't have to hide smoking at all. All of the executive management where I work smokes weed on a daily basis so it's all good. When I came to work here my boss told me. "We have a drug policy! If you have it you better share it!" I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

motaco

Old School Cottonmouth
Veteran
Yeah man I do. I was forced to quit growing after Katrina and honestly I don't miss it.

It cost me a fortune to pay for a single residency so I could grow and be alone. I had to worry about getting busted, I couldn't bring females over, couldn't bring friends over, no making new smoke buddies, etc.

Weed is expensive, but in the end its cheaper for me to just buy it, rather than work my whole life around growing it.

At first it bothered me but now I don't really give a shit. I see great medical cali bud. Its pricey but I can toke it with whoever I want, and I very rarely have anything more than a misdemeanor ticket worth at my residence. Its just a lot easier and more fun. I don't have to be a paranoid hermit.

One thing that does suck. DROUGHTS! I never ran out when I was growing. Now unless I buy an ounce at a time or something I occasionally have to wait a week or two to see new stuff. Not that big a deal, but when you wanna toke it sucks.

ddrew

Veteran
In my opinion, if growing weed is impacting your ability to create relationships to this degree, it has overtaken your life. That is absolutely pathetic imho. Relationships, new people, mingling- these things are important. Growing pot isn't.

Growing pot is important to me, and many others here.
Not all of us are kids you know.
And not all of us are so "pathetic" at growing that we are reduced to selling plasma to pay the bills, unlike some people.

R

rick shaw

To have ones cake and eat it too. You have two worlds that should definitely not cross. I tell people in my work world that I have room mates,so no partying at my place. In my building I turn down neighbors offering to smoke. Draw a moat around your place.

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
In my opinion, if growing weed is impacting your ability to create relationships to this degree, n your life. That is absolutely pathetic imho. Relationships, new people, mingling- these things are important. Growing pot isn't.
I think you have taken two posts and ran with them. You are way off buddy. Pathetic? Nah. Taken over my life? To a degree. Who is to say that is bad? I love growing. Some people love to write, make music, etc. over relationships and "mingling" (who wants to mingle anyway?) but no one says shit, but because its cannabis now its pathetic? Sure you are on the right site? I have relationships in my life and its with very close people. At my age I could give a fuck all about meeting new people other than as stated the occasional women which isn't enough to stop me. I don't really want to hang out with people I work 60 hours a week with. All I said is I don't like having to lie about my personal life all the time.

I'm not some reclusive misanthrope sitting in my home all day either paranoid to death. Although people like you make me want to be a reclusive misanthrope. I know a lot of people most of which have no idea i even smoke. even when i didn't grow i always kept my smoking real low. no one's business if i am or not, and if i am i don't want to hear people's god damn mouths call me out, etc. so i just keep it to myself.

crazybear

I lie all the time about weed or growing I am not normally a liar, or a thief in fact went to wally world today, left with a pack of batteries that was under something of ours so forgot about it & so it went out with us, anyway so the wife went back in & paid for it!
It really sucks having to be a liar about a f**king plant but that's the way it is in this free country of ours!:plant grow::smoweed:

B

BOSCO

Relationships, new people, mingling- these things are important. Growing pot isn't.

Growing pot is very important imo, it's the best friend/social filter a guy could ever have.

I dont mingle mix or make new friends, especially with work colleagues, the people I allow into my life are trustworthy and they will be there for me through thick and thin.
Work mates, new friends or those you mingle with will not so they have no place within my circle, house or life.

Like a lot of people I was raised to be an honest person and told not to lie by my folks.
Why were we told not to lie?.....because when we were young we were not able to discern a good lie from a bad one so it was easier for our parents to just tell us not to lie at all.

ambition

Growing pot is important to me, and many others here.
Not all of us are kids you know.
Your implication of maturity reiterated by the fact that you're an effective drug dealer doesn't look too impressive to the grown ups in the room, drew.

And not all of us are so "pathetic" at growing that we are reduced to selling plasma to pay the bills, unlike some people.
I don't have to. I had to for a while to get out of a tough situation. All taken care of now, and then some. :wave:

I'm not ashamed of it. I don't find it the least bit pathetic. In fact, I find it much less pathetic than bragging, as a grown man, about how good of a drug dealer you are on an internet forum, all while being the type of creep that follows me around on here, spreading negativity. I think you should reconsider your priorities, drew. This is getting weird.

Maybe time to grow up, gramps. You're clearly older, clearly less happy and clearly less literate.

:wave:

I think you have taken two posts and ran with them. You are way off buddy. Pathetic? Nah. Taken over my life? To a degree. Who is to say that is bad? I love growing. Some people love to write, make music, etc. over relationships and "mingling" (who wants to mingle anyway?) but no one says shit, but because its cannabis now its pathetic? Sure you are on the right site? I have relationships in my life and its with very close people. At my age I could give a fuck all about meeting new people other than as stated the occasional women which isn't enough to stop me. I don't really want to hang out with people I work 60 hours a week with. All I said is I don't like having to lie about my personal life all the time.

I'm not some reclusive misanthrope sitting in my home all day either paranoid to death. Although people like you make me want to be a reclusive misanthrope. I know a lot of people most of which have no idea i even smoke. even when i didn't grow i always kept my smoking real low. no one's business if i am or not, and if i am i don't want to hear people's god damn mouths call me out, etc. so i just keep it to myself.
Hey brother, I just pointed out my opinion of comparing growing plants vs bringing new people over to the house and into your life. It sounds like you took offense because someone offered a contrary point of view. If all you wanted was a pat on the back, you should have said so.

It's all love here. I wish you a sincere nothing but the best.

RicoT

Weed is expensive, but in the end its cheaper for me to just buy it, rather than work my whole life around growing it.

We experience east coast prices, and that is by no means considered "cheaper" to me, when I read countless stories on here of $2-3k/lb being a Cali standard for club purchases. I think it's more than feasible to maintain a closet grow, in avoiding the black market prices, and even droughts. Unless.. you just have that extra $500/mo to throw on weed, of course. My:2cents:

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
I hate hiding shit too man! esp somethin as harmless as bud. But, it's the whacka-mole game, stick yer head to far up outta the hole and you get whacked! it's bullshit!

Best of luck.... BC

Right on.

Although, I try to avoid those types of conversations to avoid lying...I suck at it.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you have the right setup anyone that is in your home should not suspect that you grow. I dont keep Bongs or any cannabis stuff out everything has its place and thats not out in the open for all to see. The room the has the plants is off limits locked and scrubbed. If anyone asks me why the door is locked(witch they never do) Just tell them thats your room mates room. I have never had someone come over and give them selves a tour of my home.

No chick is going to stop me from doing what I love. They can come over and hang out after that it's time to go baby:)

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
I do lie to people IRL about puffing as well as growing, even though i dont grow at my house and could have people over. It does suck for people to have to lie about a plant. But i do know people that are pretty much recluses cos of their grows. They stay home all the time barely ever leave unless for groceries etc.. They cannot have people over cos the smell. In fact someone here started a thread some time back about how his muscles had atrophied, and he is not healthy cos he sits all day and puffs hangs out on his puter & does nothing to exercise and stay healthy. I do think if you get hgih all day & sit around and do absolutely nothing is not good for you.. And i do believe puffage has something to do with that along with being a lazy ass too.. :D puff and be marry but also get out and do shit.. Life is not all about growing weed if it is then get used to being alone most of the time and having that inner voice that makes you feel somewhat guilty and tells you to get out and do shit. I think if you had to make this thread its getting to you sub consciencely.. Of course i am no doctor either.. Just my two copper coins..

sacKO

Latest posts

Latest posts