What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone Else Use Purple Power to Clean Smoking Paraphernalia? Is It Still Available?

shithawk420

Veteran
what?are you talking about break cleaner fluid?you cant use that dude.you let that soak long enough i gaurantee it will soak through the glass.you dont wanna ruin a $750 glass piece like that.ISO or grunge off.thats what the experts say but i havent been a part of the glass scene a while.ill see if theres anything new out

Hiddenjems

what?are you talking about break cleaner fluid?you cant use that dude.you let that soak long enough i gaurantee it will soak through the glass.you dont wanna ruin a $750 glass piece like that.ISO or grunge off.thats what the experts say but i havent been a part of the glass scene a while.ill see if theres anything new out
Acetone eats glass? I dare you to find me an automotive solvent or fluid that will “soak through glass”.

Brake cleaner is specifically formulated to evaporate with zero residue. Otherwise freshly cleaned brake parts would kill people.

WingzHauser

Acetone eats glass? I dare you to find me an automotive solvent or fluid that will “soak through glass”.

Brake cleaner is specifically formulated to evaporate with zero residue. Otherwise freshly cleaned brake parts would kill people.

You can cut glass with acetone don't ya know

Brake cleaner (toulene, hydrogen chloride) has sent many welders to the hospital. You assume it's evaporated, soaked into a greasy pore somewhere.

shithawk420

Veteran

Brake cleaner (toulene, hydrogen chloride) has sent many welders to the hospital. You assume it's evaporated, soaked into a greasy pore somewhere.
thanks man.yeah its no joke.it can happen.it might be a bit more expensive but its worth it sometimes to go with the grung off.imagine paying 5 or 6 hundred on a piece to use nasty chemicals.just saying.not judging.probably good with brass pieces.done that before after a good clean.like dude above said you could shatter the whole piece in your face if your very unlucky.i dont know the exact stress it would have to be under but my aunt and uncle were welders for 30 years.pretty sure they regret it.

Last edited:

Hiddenjems

If you read my post, the bare glass is boiled after I clean it with non chlorinated brake cleaner. I only use non chlorinated because I have a tig welding shop, and don’t want some idiot making phosgene.

Glassware doesn’t have “pores”. Glassware is non porous.

Any of you guys ever do anything in a Chem lab, even if it’s just school? They don’t throw a beaker away every time it has a dangerous chemical in it.

207_Tony

ZEP citrus degreaser, just soak your glass for a day and rinse with hot water. Brand spanking new! You can buy a big hug at home depot for less than $10.