What's new

Anyone else grow a lot but not smoke?

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I smoke but only hash and oil but very little of both. I enojoy growing more then smoking. I like to help those that can not afford it. It puts a smile on my face everytime I see them.

Endur

Veteran
I don't smoke at all, after trying it in high school with close friends, I threw up all the way home, So I never really tried it again. I do however, Love to grow, and have been, off & on for years. My wife has been smoking/ vapping/ Consuming, ever since high school. So when I harvest, she gets first dibs, and she rates the quality for me.
ENDUR

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
i think a better title would be

Roll Call: Only in it for the money

before legal the only ones who risked their ass growing were people passionate about smoke

since that changed the weed scene hit the shitter

Really? that's what you truly believe?
time to bounce out of fantasy land now and realize that ever since its been illegal there's been money in it. And before you rip apart the people in it for the money, you should ask yourself 2 questions.
1)How were you able to get herb before you could grow
and
2)Wouldn't you prefer peope make some hard earned cash to feed themselves or their family by growing rather than living off welfare (tax dollars)?

And why, may I ask, can one be passionate about the smoke, and not just be passionate about plants.

Pretty sure I'm not the only one here who feels growing is more addicting than smoking.....

Sorry to sidetrack your thread Headiez....had to say something here though

steppinRazor

cant stop wont stop
Veteran
Lazyman works 16 hours a day.. that's awsome!!

I myself can't smoke and can't grow for that matter. Although when I could 'legally' smoke it was maybe one time a day.. maybe even a few times aweek for that matter.
For years I was an allll day every day smoker but it lost what I craved when I smoked that way... u know smoking a quarter and feeling about sober?? I like to get stoned when I smoke.
That being said i'd damn near kill for a spliff

I

Iron_Lion

i think a better title would be

Roll Call: Only in it for the money

before legal the only ones who risked their ass growing were people passionate about smoke

since that changed the weed scene hit the shitter

Do makers of fine wine have to be drunk 24-7?
I love marijuana, smoking and growing, but it's not always practical to be stoned 24-7. I've got plenty of MJ but I also have shit to get done. When I smoke I like to get high, smoking too much seems to take away whats so special about smoking weed, just because you love something doesnt mean you have to over-indulge.

To the peeps that grow but dont smoke at all, I dont understand this. How do you move forward as a marijuana horticulturalist if you never sample your product.

Molson

Haven't toked since St. Paddy's day. My AF grow is in full swing though.

I enjoy growing and discussing MJ as much as (maybe more?) than smoking.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't really smoke anything much anymore.....

..........unless it has some Sweet Tooth in it! :woohoo:

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
On a good month me and my other half smoke about 4 oz. If we're out, or the grow isn't going so well, we still buy at just under regular pricing per 1/8oz.

C

Custy Noob

Do makers of fine wine have to be drunk 24-7?
I love marijuana, smoking and growing, but it's not always practical to be stoned 24-7. I've got plenty of MJ but I also have shit to get done. When I smoke I like to get high, smoking too much seems to take away whats so special about smoking weed, just because you love something doesnt mean you have to over-indulge.

To the peeps that grow but dont smoke at all, I dont understand this. How do you move forward as a marijuana horticulturalist if you never sample your product.

Fine wine makers, chefs and the such are passionate about what they create and they sure as shit care about the results and are connoisseur themselves

Passion about smoking has nothing to do with smoking 24.7

my comments are very much directed to the number of growers who obviously don't give a fuck bout getting high

just getting paid

its the legality that brought these girls to the grow table, god knows they were no were to be seen 5, 10, 15, 20 years ago.

but please tell me who the fuck has 9k grow and sweat a zip a month

HAHHAHAH give me a fucking break

C

Custy Noob

Really? that's what you truly believe?
time to bounce out of fantasy land now and realize that ever since its been illegal there's been money in it. And before you rip apart the people in it for the money, you should ask yourself 2 questions.

yeah my 20 years of growing says most the ppl i met before the weed gold rush at least smoked and gave a fuck about the weed

east coast was all about it

fuck em was supposed to be about dudes who were all abut the quality of bomb ass smoke not cashin

1)How were you able to get herb before you could grow
and[/quote]

by guys who grew cause they wanted bomb smoke not just my fucking dough

2)Wouldn't you prefer peope make some hard earned cash to feed themselves or their family by growing rather than living off welfare (tax dollars)?

And why, may I ask, can one be passionate about the smoke, and not just be passionate about plants.

if people want to whore out a plant like pimps do woman

its all good

but you aint know SHIT about fucking headies, headiness or being fucking man

period

dispensaries keep oiling your buds cause they suck

Pretty sure I'm not the only one here who feels growing is more addicting than smoking.....

Sorry to sidetrack your thread Headiez....had to say something here though

growing and not smoking is like a chef who wont taste his own food

needing it to be legal to finally be able to have game is fucking laughable basically LEGAL WEED IS A WELFARE CHECK to anyone who can't either survive in a real black market or succeed in a real world legal market

the best thing is its causing more pain and suffering in cali

you guys want to talk about the joys and passion of growing

HAHAHAHHAH

stop cashing and grow for pure passion

Give away the best headies and beans if your so passionate, I have for decades so what the fuck is your excuse

if your that good your still gonna make it big

the fact that a 9k grower can worry about a zip a month is INFUCKINGSANE

thats either greed or piss poor grow skills and has nothing to do with heady

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
growing and not smoking is like a chef who wont taste his own food

and so what about the chef thats a vegetarian but presents you with a big fat badass med rare rib eye?

jim marhsall, the dude responsible for marshall guitar amplifiers... hes a drummer..... hows he supposed to know what a killer guitar amp sounds like?

i know plenty of non smokers that grow retardedly good herbs - better than a lot of toker/growers, in fact. as long as they are able to achieve truthful feedback on how the buds burn, thats all they need. i smoke all day everyday but i still dont trust my own judgement when it comes to my buds, even if i am pretty darn sure they smoke really well. fresh perspective is very helpful

and about this 'greed' thing...
theres nothing wrong with providing a service to those that cannot grow their own...

so you give your shit away big fucking deal get off your high horse. if you want to be charitable then be charitable but you need to respect ones right to be charitable whenever the fuck they want to be. if folks would rather sell their buds than give them away, good for them. if folks like you prefer to give them away, good for you. shut the fuck up. the more cries i hear about 'greed' & "real jobs" the more i wish you would open your eyes to how the world works

Credulous at best
Your desire to believe in
Angels in the hearts of men.
But pull your head on out (of) your hippie haze
And give a listen
Shouldn't have to say it all again
The universe is hostile
So impersonal
Devour to survive
So it is, so it's always been ...

picture.php

gingerale

Veteran
ill jump in with my two cents, i started my grow in jan, still going strong, churning out top notch homegrown on the regular now. this is my sole source of income and the buds sell for $60/eth all day. when i look at a nug i see dollar bills, or some good smoke, depending on what kind of mood im in, sure i want to make money but im not greedy about it. i generally smoke all day long. not that i have to, just that i love to smoke, and since ive got plenty of product im not shy about grabbing a bud and breaking it up. gets you through the boredom just like a cigarette will, but without the dependency and withdrawal. never had the first problem with supplying myself with smoke with plenty to spare off 3k, so i dont know what your problem is. and since ive been growing, ive found that i love gardening, now i grow tomatoes and other stuff too.

im 100% with the crowd saying you need to sample your own product if you want to be a pot salesman. the chef analogy is very good, would you trust a chef who refused to sample his own cooking? would you trust a car salesman who has never driven, not because of a disability, but because he actively refuses to do so? when someone admits or shows he knows and cares little about the flavor, effects, etc of the bud he's claiming as his own, then hes just in it for the money. its another 9-5 job for him. this is an unacceptable attitude for a peon working at a counter, let alone the owner of the damn "company" or entity supposedly taking pride in this operation.

i for one welcome complete legalization, tomorrow. i think we'd find out pretty quickly which theory (if not both) would succeed. ive never been in a cannabis dispensary, but after reading these kinds of descriptions im pretty sure i could open a killer one. i just wish shit would hurry up and get legalized so i could open it in my town, not across the country somewhere.

gingerale

Veteran
i know plenty of non smokers that grow retardedly good herbs - better than a lot of toker/growers, in fact. as long as they are able to achieve truthful feedback on how the buds burn, thats all they need. i smoke all day everyday but i still dont trust my own judgement when it comes to my buds, even if i am pretty darn sure they smoke really well. fresh perspective is very helpful
picture.php

true, and obviously you are a man who prides himself in quality, but the reason this doesnt matter here is because you are thinking from a stoners perspective, trying to think what you would do if it was you who was the non-stoner who didnt smoke. but these people are coming from the perspective of actually not being a stoner and refusing to smoke, not having any idea what its like to be a stoner and to smoke various types of quality herb on the regular, yet who want to grow and sell bud for what is quite obviously no other reason than wanting cash money. why else would you enter an illegal market if you had no other interest in it? this is not necessarily a bad thing--i'm not making a value judgment here. but would you buy a design from a middle aged interior designer who lived in a mobile home with shag carpet? or who had lived in a cave most of his life and never actually had a home to design?

Shit, one of my friends has a 3kw grow and he almost never has weed to sell. Him and his two partners smoke about 1-2# a MONTH.

Me, I rarely smoke before I'm done working. Since I work about 16 hours a day I rarely have time to sit, let alone watch tv or smoke. Smoking is my reward for getting a ton of shit done every day.

My wife on the other hand smokes pretty regularly, but I think she's cut back too. When you've got 30 strains of weed and 10 kinds of hash and oil just sitting around it kinda loses its appeal I guess. But it's fun to have some smokers over and mix up a fat "salad bowl" of a buncha things and knock them on their ass.

I also think it's good to test your product before moving it out, so you know what it needs for next time and how to pitch it to your patients. Stony, energetic, causes munchies, tastes like catpiss, etc.

;)

1-2# a month? jesus they must be braindead after that

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was growing for just my own personal tastes,and stash.But if one day you can't smoke for whatever reason,thats not reason to stop growing ,or feel bad about a dollar here or their. Growing really is lots of fun,most enjoy gardening before they grow herb.

Sure the smoker of their own product does have the advantage ,but once you grow for awhile it gets easier and more fun to produce something great.My friends are happy to get something ,that blows the doors off of anything they can find.And are sad ,to hear when they must wait a month or 2 .

I don't think there's anything wrong with making "something" off your services.Im strugging,and were in a recession ,Those excuses are good enough for me.I would vote yes to legalize tommorrow.

Alot the smoke i grow gets given away for free ,when friends need some.Its all about getting people smoking....250-300 z for diesels or dawgs,, friends are happy over here....

slyman

i smoke and want to grow soon but i dont smoke nearly as much as my friends who dont plan on growing. i smoke like a few tokes from a bong at night if i dont chill with anyone but if i chill its usually a few bowls with other ppl

litebuzz

i haven't smoked for months...and i don't miss it yet. i was indulging too much...and now i feel like i have lots more energy, clear head, my dreams are really vivid and i'm not eating like a piglet...which is great for the waistline. everything in moderation is key...i was just a tad beyond so i wanted to check myself...i hadn't taken a long break in over a decade. looking back and being honest i'd have to say that smoking too much was certainly making me lazy...not that i'd sit on the couch and do nothing, but it was really an effort to do stuff where as now, it's easy peezy.
not saying i'll never smoke again...but certainly not to the extent i was. i'm liking the way i feel (and look) now. i doubt i'll be growing anytime soon....not unless it becomes legal or severely decriminalized. i can't see running the risk if i'm not even indulging.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
Around here, good buds are hard to come by. Schwag is the norm and maybe once every 3 to 6 months some mid-grade shows up.

When I used to smoke, I could never get good herb even though I could afford it, it just wasn't around. I didn't grow because I didn't have a secure place or the commitment to tend to something for 3 months.

I feel I am doing a major service to folks who otherwise would be left smoking schwag.

I'm an opportunist willing to take the risk, knowing what the rewards are.