What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone else dislike the physical effects of weed?

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
It could be psychological and if you’re not feeling good and in a good environment it’s gonna have a negative effect on your high. If you know that chewing black peppercorns will instantly kill the high your anxiety level will be controlled. CL🍀
I never knew that about black pepper! I put shed loads on my food; perhaps o should avoid it!

But in all seriousness, or does sound very much like anxiety type symptoms.

CaptainLucky

I never knew that about black pepper! I put shed loads on my food; perhaps o should avoid it!

But in all seriousness, or does sound very much like anxiety type symptoms.
It really does it though, something about the receptors in the brain. It’s almost instantly too. CL🍀 Edit: correction it’s the terps that make it work.

Last edited:

Ravel

I'm worried that CBD would add to the physical stony sensations that I dislike. Does it not do that? I've never had CBD bud.

It's definitely not an infection.

I had this throat thing the very first time I smoked in 2004. I asked the host for some water, then realized my throat was fine. I think I just became more sensitive to the sensation of air going down my windpipe.

One interesting note. A few years ago I vaped some half dried early harvested homegrown out of a lightbulb vaporizer (I know I know lol) and it was the smoothest floatiest high. almost no body at all. Does anyone vape at low temperatures and experience that?

Edit: It also seems to happen more with combustion, and especially with "resiny" tar hits. Like at the end of a joint, or accidentally lighting the "resin" at the bottom of a bowl.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Don't do it man. Don't do benzodiazepines. You're just growing up. Deal with your thoughts and emotions and be an adult. Hug
I second what @D. B. Doober , says, Don't do Benzo's.
I worked in mental health all my working life and can attest to the damage that they cause. They're great for short term use, especially if the "thing" causing anxiety will pass soon, but for long term use they are highly addictive, personality changing and will cause far more harm than good.

Personally, although a 50 yr daily cannabis user myself, I would always advise anyone who had any type of mood disorder to avoid all psychotropic drugs.
I myself have suffered mood disorder and accompanying anxiety on 2 or 3 occasions in my life and they were the 2 or 3 occasions that I've had no interest at all in getting high.

Latest posts

Latest posts