What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone else dislike the physical effects of weed?

Ravel

I'm not referring to a pounding heart, because that doesn't often happen to me. What I'm referring to is a very unpleasant feeling over every square inch of my skin, and deep in my muscles. It's a kind of tingly, hot and cold, liquidy/melty feeling. There's also this feeling like I'm moving through warm jello. I can feel it all the way down my throat which is particularly disturbing. I'll often drink water to make sure my throat isn't closing up.

And it's very PRESENT. You're extremely aware of it and can't ignore it, similar to dental pain. I feel it all over, the way you feel the cold all over when you walk out into a snowstorm. Once you're out in the cold there's nothing you can really do to warm up, and all you think about is getting back indoors.

Also, this can happen with a very small hit. About the size of a pea, not held in for very long.

Now there's also panic, but I think the panic is derived from how physically uncomfortable I feel. Some might say the panic is what's causing the sensations, but I just don't believe that.

Anyone have any insight on this topic?

Thanks

Edit: It wasn't always like this or I never would have gotten into it in the first place.

Ravel

Is it all strains doing it to you? Some weed makes me feel like shit,clumsy, and plays with my BP to make me regret it. I have gone through quite a few varieties to find agreeable ones and always looking for the happy ones

It seems to happen with most. Or sometimes I'll smoke the same strain just fine, then four or five days of smoking it, it just hits all of a sudden.

revegeta666

Some might say the panic is what's causing the sensations, but I just don't believe that.
Your descriptions sound like anxiety to me. A panic attack can cause symptoms like these, and a lot worse than these. There is a very strong relationship between the mind and the body. This has been studied for decades. Look into somatic disorder. Panic attacks can cause symptoms in your digestive sstem, respiratory system, muscles, skin, you name it.

Sweatloaf

No I don't dislike the effects. However when I think of using it from a medicinal standpoint I have thought before that for me, a perfect medicine for me would be having every positive effect I get from weed without the feeling of being stoned.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
So... where are you getting your cannabis?

I get this from azadirachtin tainted cannabis (neem oil, aza based insecticides. "All organic" poison for me.)

The problem is it's also bio-accumulative. So someone toking up 10 times a day is going to start feeling the effects from a lightly tainted bag in 1-2 days, where someone who tokes up once or twice a day could take a week or never really build up enough.

I've had hypothermia (you really feel like you're going to freeze to death in a warm room) like symptoms as well. It's the main symptom I've never seen attributed to CHS, which is the most common mis-diagnosis of aza poisoning. In my studied opinion anyway.

Edit: I *NEVER* get that feeling from clean cannabis.

moose eater

I only disliked the physical effects when I was either over-doing edibles and trying to find a reasonable dose through experimentation with a new batch, or when I was consuming extracts daily for cancer, in which case it simply exemplified another loss of self or normalcy that cancer brought for a good long while.

edit: Or when I was very rarely being pulled over by Johnny Law, though that has always been an instantly sobering experience for me, over-riding the intoxication effects.

Last edited:

Ravel

It's happened from weed I grew myself. Indoors, in soil, nothing sprayed on them, environment carefully monitored, no bugs, no mold etc. It's happened from dispensary weed, from street weed. I don't think the quality of the product is the issue.

I'm also not sure exactly which cannabinoid is causing the problem, or if it's the combo of them all.

I always thought it was the indicas that were worse since they're much more physical.

It started the same year I began taking lamictal. The thing is, most people who are on lamictal don't report the same effects with weed.

I miss it so so much, but I can't bear the thought of going through another 6 hour panic attack. Worst experience of my life by an order of magnitude.

Piecho

Seriously tho, get some decent CBD and give it a try. First alone, then in 50:50 mix with your flower, or so.
Base my knowledge on personal experience and some papers I read last times.

You can always get some CBD dominant seeds, or some 50:50 strains for the next run.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I'm not referring to a pounding heart, because that doesn't often happen to me. What I'm referring to is a very unpleasant feeling over every square inch of my skin, and deep in my muscles. It's a kind of tingly, hot and cold, liquidy/melty feeling. There's also this feeling like I'm moving through warm jello. I can feel it all the way down my throat which is particularly disturbing. I'll often drink water to make sure my throat isn't closing up.

And it's very PRESENT. You're extremely aware of it and can't ignore it, similar to dental pain. I feel it all over, the way you feel the cold all over when you walk out into a snowstorm. Once you're out in the cold there's nothing you can really do to warm up, and all you think about is getting back indoors.

Also, this can happen with a very small hit. About the size of a pea, not held in for very long.

Now there's also panic, but I think the panic is derived from how physically uncomfortable I feel. Some might say the panic is what's causing the sensations, but I just don't believe that.

Anyone have any insight on this topic?

Thanks

Edit: It wasn't always like this or I never would have gotten into it in the first place.
I have to ask why you use cannabis if it does this to you? I sure wouldn't. If I had that feeling in the throat I would worry that I am having an allergic reaction (I'm not a doctor so take this with a grain of salt).

I vape mostly pure sativas (all home grown organic) and almost never feel sluggish or melty, so maybe it's the strains? Maybe try different strains if you want to continue, such as with CBD, which might reduce the panic feelings, but honestly don't know what to suggest. Not sure why it didn't happen to you in the past, but does now? I wonder if growing methods might have something to do with it?

Some strains for me have caused paranoia and feelings of doom so I avoid those, but mostly for me cannabis is positive all round.

Last edited:

zaprjaques

similar stuff happens to me if i dont feel well in the first place. i just avoid smoking till i feel better or smoke cbd bud with a bit of real bud mixed in.
mixing cbd with my bud gives me a cozier experience.
generally i view it as a reminder to take better care of myself.
to get good sleep, eat well and to reduce stress and maybe spend more time with the family and things like that.

exoticrobotic

There's also this feeling like I'm moving through warm jello. I can feel it all the way down my throat which is particularly disturbing. I'll often drink water to make sure my throat isn't closing up.

Maybe you have an infection of some sort. Get it checked out with a Doctor.

When i smoke i can feel every inch of my body, i can feel my sinuses, my throat, my nose etc.

Sometimes such enhanced focus can make it more difficult to swallow. Me just mentioning it makes it difficult for me to swallow :D

When i smoke nice homegrown herb it makes the tip of my nose cold and my toes cold but puts a nice smile on my face.

When i smoke my homegrown from not a great strain it can make me feel sick, make my teeth, muscles and joints hurt.

I get this from azadirachtin tainted cannabis (neem oil, aza based insecticides. "All organic" poison for me.)

The problem is it's also bio-accumulative. So someone toking up 10 times a day is going to start feeling the effects from a lightly tainted bag in 1-2 days, where someone who tokes up once or twice a day could take a week or never really build up enough.

Also like Douglas Curtis said, in most cases weed tainted and sprayed with pesticides, can make the experience terrible and the reason most people grow their own medicine.

exoticrobotic

Also you may have a dental infection.

The throat issue and dental references leads me to believe you have maybe infected tooth.

I'm not a docotr... as you can see i cant even spell it

Latest posts

Latest posts