What's new

anyone else bothered by the inaccuracy of weeds?

I don't really mind that the grow rooms look odd/not set up right; what bothers me is that they make people think that marijuana = gangs = death = drivebys = a trunkfull of heroin in your closet.

And they never seem know how to hit a bong (when Andy, Silas, and Doug are in the van near the beach, its sooo weak.)

Other than that I love the show and watch it everytime it's on.

TheGoodStuff said:
And they never seem know how to hit a bong (when Andy, Silas, and Doug are in the van near the beach, its sooo weak.)

Yeah that is something that bugged me but then I got to thinkin, maybe the fake buds are some nasty shit that you wouldnt want to puff on.

sugabear_II

Veteran
ScrogHog said:
Not to be an ass but they talk about clones many times silas grows from clones. He kept them in a humidity dome too....
I was more refering to the fact that they aren't growing from a clone strain... I mean you hear kush references all over the radio now adays and certainly the weed consumers in hollywood know the strain names...

ScrogHog said:
When it comes to everything else though the show is very loose. Obviously its not like they are smoking real weed. When it comes down to it only a small % of people are bothered by the inaccuracies.

agreed.

But I asked this here because the people here are in the small % that can even spot the inaccuracies and I just wanted to know if it bothered people, as in detracted from their enjoyment or ability to emerse themselves in the storyline/plot. For me it does kinda detract/bother me as do other things in the show, but like the american tv baby I am I still get sucked in... :spank:

J

jipedestran

Verite said:
Yes. Me moreso the her dealing aspect side of it. It bothered me enough to stop watching it after the first four episodes. I gave it more than a fighting chance.. it just couldnt hold me.

I did not.

I could not get thru the first episode. When she told the kid to "stop dealing in the park" then shook him down like she was some kind of gangster....couldn't give it another chance.

Problem is, we live it.

peace
jip

sixtywattshaman

I'm just glad it gets it that close. I remember what the weed looked like in half baked. It was like someone cut up up some green construction paper with those crinkle-cut scissors from elementary school. I think they do okay for what the show is.

Latest posts

Latest posts