What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone Collect Gems or Minerals??

justablunttool

I forgot to mention, mriko that ruby looks nice, not too opaque and nice colour. Lightning Ridge in N.S.W. is where the best black opal is found, they can be amazing all the colours of the rainbow, vibrant and on a jet black background. Also very valuable, many large ones are worth millions, but they are rare. I've known miners to work for over a year for little return. Sadly N.S.W. doesn't have the tourist friendly laws Queensland has so it's not as easy to find your own gems there.

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
yep, I have a pretty big collection. I have a lot of friends that go to Tuscon every year and they grab me things they know I'll like. My good friend is also into making wire rapped jewelry, and I collect them as well.

anchient

i collect, and had alot of collections. i started with indian relects. when i was about 15. then fossil's then jems
and minerals. have had to sell a few times. great hobbie, teaches you alot!

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
here is a piece of Ocean Jasper I got a few years back

from all sides of a cube

ba5eec44.jpg

b0620868.jpg

4dde7748.jpg

fb50624f.jpg

a43272a1.jpg

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
here are some more

my gun case, walking through an airport with this is pretty funny
b4715564.jpg

perfectly clear Aquamarine
80907cba.jpg

20c839e4.jpg

ce04cd2b.jpg

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
my green capped tourmaline (sort of a Watermelon, but very faint)

5688c8b2.jpg

and shaped like a heart
3594af54.jpg

fe68c7ce.jpg

256ed4dd.jpg

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
my wizard wand tip

cd620b3e.jpg

ba1e1885.jpg

smokey rod into a fluorite core, and spirit amethyst termination
d073fad4.jpg

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
lemurian quartz

0caff01b.jpg

d008f337.jpg

triple terminated lemurian that has been in a planter with a house plant, so it is dirty, but it is clear and has an enhydro

fb4e7fd8.jpg

13a48593.jpg

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
sorry, but the more I look at this, it is becoming my favorite picture. I wasn't even trying, but damn it is cool

481939_3084166483086_1326737188_n.jpg

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
and oh yea, some things have been on a house plant pot for years, they need a cleaning, but lemurians are found in dirt

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
some say the history of the galaxy is written on these gems, you can see a type of "writing" or code on all of them. Computers use a lot of quartz and many believe that it is basically like a disk drive. They seriously do not belong where they are found, so how did they get there?