What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone Collect Gems or Minerals??

definitely..

definitely..

I have been in the gem and mineral "game" for years. ha..
love that the earth can produce so many awesome structures and colors. ridiculous for sure. Im in NorCal and always down to trade.. can get many different materials from all over.. especially cali tourmalines.. my fave of course.

some of my stuff..
1. foitite tourmaline from the katerina mine in southern cali..
2. a huge watermelon tourmaline found in a river in vietnam.
the other two pics are wraps I had that my friend Josh (Orneight designs) made a few years ago.
have many friends who are awesome at metalworking. let me know if any of you want/need to get any work done.

Attachments

• foitite2.JPG
    foitite2.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 81
  • hugevietliddi3.jpg
    hugevietliddi3.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 77
  • jdnukka017.jpg
    jdnukka017.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 86
  • Speaks for itself
    Speaks for itself
    103.7 KB · Views: 124

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
some of my stuff..
1. foitite tourmaline from the katerina mine in southern cali..
2. a huge watermelon tourmaline found in a river in vietnam.
the other two pics are wraps I had that my friend Josh (Orneight designs) made a few years ago.
have many friends who are awesome at metalworking. let me know if any of you want/need to get any work done.

nice

metalworkers.org is a must for me

my bro is subconscious reality on there

modern jewelery is INSANE

Img52910_011.JPG

Lrus007

Veteran
i have collected rocks since i was a kid.
gems and minerals when i got older.
here is a aquamarine i had cut as a snowflake.
Lrus007

Attachments

• DSCN0706.jpg
    DSCN0706.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 82

Bongstar420

Do any of you actually prospect these things? That is what interests me. Items you prospected and mined your self on either open ground or on a claim that was not grandfathered. I want to hear about that!

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
Do any of you actually prospect these things? That is what interests me. Items you prospected and mined your self on either open ground or on a claim that was not grandfathered. I want to hear about that!

Does going to Arkansas to dig for diamonds at the state park count?

I spent about 10 hours in rain and mud up to my knees digging for a stupid diamond. Found nothing but rocks.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Those are some sweet stones mriko.Did you cut those or cbuy them already faceted?I have a fair amount of opal rough that I will someday cut(one of many hobbies).I have a wide assortment of agate slabs and some petrified wood also.I'll be back with pics once I get used to my new camera.

man, agate slabs! some of the prettiest knapped points I have ever seen were made from agate...

C

CaliGabe

Some nice specimens here! I used to go dig sapphires in Montana and opals in Nevada at the Virgin Valley mines. Gave everything away though over the years. Too old and beat up to go digging opals again.

Last edited:

theJointedOne

Veteran
I love crystals, minerals, gems and such. As a kid i had a fascination with them, now as an adult, I am able to appreciate them. I have a small collection, but over the past year have really been getting maybe one piece a week or so.

In a couple weeks i will be going hunting for quartz, and anything else I can find, at Crystal Peak near the CA/NV border line, off the 80.

Heres a Amethyst from Kenya,
picture.php

Jaymer

Back-9-Guerrilla☠
Veteran
bunk the rocks man i want the whole cave

IMG_7093+copy.jpg

Las mágicas Cuevas de Bellamar, en Cuba
cuevas-de-bellamar-5.jpg

cuevas-de-bellamar-3.jpg

C

CaliGabe

I didn't realize OR had such nice opals. I love opals. This baby sold for $20,000!

picture.php

The full story:
http://sploid.gizmodo dot com/incredible-space-stone-seems-like-it-has-a-nebula-trapp-1579970774

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
oh Opals, how I love thee

they are art in stone, so stunning

here is my Chinese Calcite, it's around 25 pounds, maybe more, defiantly feels like a lot more than a dog food bag, need to weigh it

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
I love crystals, minerals, gems and such. As a kid i had a fascination with them, now as an adult, I am able to appreciate them. I have a small collection, but over the past year have really been getting maybe one piece a week or so.

In a couple weeks i will be going hunting for quartz, and anything else I can find, at Crystal Peak near the CA/NV border line, off the 80.

Heres a Amethyst from Kenya,
View Image

that is a lot like phantom amethyst

trying to get a good pic of mine, it's not gonna happen in this light

like this,not mine,I will try and get pics,it's a real gem

product_5885_4.jpg

theJointedOne

Veteran
yea, wow that has some awesome clarity.

I have another amethyst from Kenya that ill post up, as well as a few more random specimens.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Greetings & Love everyone!

Well, it took me a rather long time to finally get it, but I now know that making a living via the trade of minerals (for collectors) is a no-no for me. Not my way, not the reason why I'm down here. So after littelraly loosing my way during several years, it has become clear that there's no other way for me to find my place on this planet than through The Plant, this is my way, wherever it might lead!

Insh'Allah I'll travel again by next year or so, before that I have lots of writing to do. And I also need to fund those journeys, and simply live in between.

I've got a large stock of crystals and mineral specimen, which I need to get rid of. Nearly 400 pieces online, at least same number not yet listed. Lots of material from Afghanistan & Pakistan, although the past year have seen quite a few entries from Tanzania (chrome tourmaline, tanzanite, "tsavorite" among other things). Among other things, I've got smaragdite crystals from Merelani, and unless some very recent change, I happen to be the only one on the whole internet to have this material. Quite a few oddities & rarities as well, next listings will have some Quartz/Epidote micromounts from Antarctica for instance!

As for what is online, I offer ICmag member a 50% discount on any item open to offers in the shop, whatever the rate, be it 10e or 900e. If not open to offer it's because I haven't changed the entry yet, although some are simply not, officially, to be discussed. Still, for ICmag member, I'm open to discussions ;)

I don't think I'm allowed to post the link to my shop here, so if interested just drop me a pm and let's talk! ;)

Irie!

St. Phatty

Found a nice piece of mineralized quartz, with the quartz crystals, in my backyard.

I have a few tons of sand with flour gold in it. It's a bitch extracting the gold though.

slacker

I got quite a few that i'v bought and found over the years but tourmaline are my favorite. Found quite few Hessonite garnet Specimens. Maybe someday I'll figure out how to post pictures.